Chapter 5: The Sound Of Two Hearts

What Happens In Heaven?

*NARRATOR POV

It took Jung Mo a week before convincing In Young to become a piano teacher to just one kid. Since in Young is at school for 5 days a week, they decided to have their lessons during the weekends except if In Young is going to have her exams. The music store owner agreed with their terms and conditions then he made them sign a contract. Just by teaching a kid how to play the guitar, Jung Mo is going to be paid for 500,000 won per session and as for In Young, since she is the child of musical prodigies, she’s going to get paid 800,000 won per session.

*IN YOUNG POV

Day 1 of being a piano teacher.

My mood? It . I don’t even know how to teach a person how to play a freaking piano. “You’ll do well. Besides, I’m just in the other room.” Jung Mo assured me as he gave me a tight squeeze of the shoulder before we head to the studio. I just nodded and let out a long sigh.

It was a small studio and before Jung Mo went inside to meet his trainee, he accompanied me in my designated room but he was surprised to see who is going to be my trainee. “Annyeonghasaeyo! I’m Rina Lee. You must be Teacher Moon is that right?” the sweet girl greeted me. I smiled and nodded. “Lee Rina?” Jung Mo asked the girl in disbelief. Could it be that he knows her? “Err… well, In Young, I’ll be going to the other room now, good luck.” He said and went out. There was only one piano in the room. “Okay! So, Rina, do you know how to play the piano?” I asked her. She smiled and nodded. “Yes, but, Unnie, I failed during our recital so I’m here to practice again.” She said and smiled. “Hmm… Well, is it okay if you play for me first before I begin our lesson?” I asked her. She nodded and began to play.

[A/N: This is Snow White by Super Junior Music Box Version. I guess it’ll be cute for a young girl to play this on the piano. ^^]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVwWHNS3w2M

Rina played a very cute and beautiful melody. And after she played, I clapped my hands for her flawless performance. “Wow, Rina, why do you still want to practice? You do greater than me!” I said and patted her at the back. “Well, it was perfect, Unnie, but my problem is… I lack the emotions.” She said. And I guess she was right. I remember my parents telling me that I can only move my audience with my songs if I can let them feel what I’m feeling as I play. “Oh… well, it’s not that hard bringing your emotions out when you play.” I said and sat beside her. “You see, Rina, you must feel the piece, every note of it so you could release your emotions when you play.” I said and smiled. “I’ll use myself as an example. You see, I lost my parents just 2 years ago and I was sad because of their passing. And so whenever I play I want them to hear me play. I want them to know how much I miss them and the end result would be a sad melody because I’m sad whenever I play. Well you need to think of an inspiration. Like your parents for example. Do you want to show them your love?” I asked her. “Well of course, Unnie. I want them to know that I’ll be the daughter they want me to be that I love them so much just like my love in playing the piano.” She said. “Well then, let’s get those words into your music okay?” I said and Rina nodded as she smiled.

*JUNG MO POV

Lee Rina! I couldn’t believe that I’ll be seeing her. She was one of the reasons why I’m here anyway. Well basically, it’s still my fault. I went inside my designated room and saw a boy just like Rina’s age who was sitting and looking at the guitars in the room. “Errm… Hi. I’m Kim Jung Mo. I’ll be your guitar teacher. What’s your name?” I asked the kid. “I’m Cho Kyu Min.” the boy said. “Are you alright?” I asked Kyu Min. “Well, it’s weird but do you usually have like a halo on top of your head?” he asked me. I almost fainted in shock. “A… a HALO?!” I emphasized the word. “Yes, hyung, halo. The ones angels have.” He said and eyed me curiously. “Just… just don’t mind it. It’s just one of my favorite caps. Ehe.” I chuckled nervously.

*IN YOUNG POV

I finished early with Rina so I decided to peek in Jung Mo’s class. He looked serious in teaching the boy but he also looked gentle at the same time. I tried to listen to how he plays but the door was shut. “Geez. Secretive angel of music.” I mumbled. But after a few more minutes, he finally went out with his student. “Kyu Min, this is In Young Noona, my friend. She plays the piano.” He said and smiled. “Nice to meet you, noona.” The boy said and bowed. I ruffled his hair and smiled.

*JUNG MO POV

“Something happened.” I said as we were walking our way home. “What is it?” she asked looking at me concerned. “My student, Kyu Min… he’s not an ordinary boy…” I said looking far. “Eh? What do you mean?” she asked me this time looking curious. “Well… after I introduced myself, he looked at me, and I asked if there’s anything wrong then he said do I really have a halo on top of my head? I asked him what halo and he said the one angels have.” I confessed.

“Well, you are an angel, Jung Mo. Wait. THE KID SAW YOUR HALO?!” she asked in shock. “Do I have a halo?! I don’t see it!” I tried touching my head but felt nothing. She stopped walking and looked at me. “Oh my gosh… you do have a halo!” she said cupping her hands over . “Really? How come you’re seeing it?” I asked scrunching my eyebrows. “Ooohh! You finally got your halo back, Jung Mo!” a familiar voice said. We almost jumped in shock. “Hee Chul hyung?!” I asked looking at a nearby mirror. “On your phone. Duh.” He said lamely. I took my phone out and looked at him. “Hi, In Youngie!” he said and smiled. “Do you normally creep like that?” she asked eyes narrowing on him. “Sorry.” He said and laughed. “Hyung, you said I got my halo back. What do you mean?” I asked him. “Well, it only means that you’re already on the stage two of having your powers back. Next thing you’ll be having are your powers and finally, your wings. Look at the necklace; it might’ve lost some shade indicating that you’re near in fulfilling your mission.” Hee Chul hyung said and smiled. I sighed in relief as In Young looked at the necklace. Indeed, it turned to a lighter shade of green. “Congratulations, Jung Mo! See you back soon!” he said and disappeared.

*IN YOUNG POV

Why am I feeling like this? Like… a part of me is angry with the fact that he’ll be leaving soon. Was it really that fast? I asked myself. In Young! What are you thinking of?! I mentally slapped myself and saw Jung Mo looking like he’s half happy and half sad. “We should celebrate!” I said and faked a smile. “Ani. Let’s just go home.” He said and looked down.