Chapter 6: Realize

What Happens In Heaven?

*JUNG MO POV

I felt how In Young was sad and faking her happiness when she knew that I’d be leaving soon. We are connected in a way because of my powers. I didn’t like that kind of feeling in her. Why can’t she just tell me? After eating, we haven’t spoken at all and she went to her room.

In Young continued to be like that for days. We just talked if she wants some help or anything but most of the time, she just stays in her room all day. I began to get worried. I can’t feel her emotions anymore. What could be happening?

*IN YOUNG POV

I need to distance myself from Jung Mo. After that halo incident, I realized that I’m slowly falling for him. I mean, who wouldn’t be? He’s all this angelic stuff but I’m only human, I’m a part of his mission, we can’t be seriously together. Yes. Reality and I hate it. But what I’m doing, this silent treatment only makes my heart want to say how much I… I… I love him.

*NARRATOR POV

In Young’s music teacher, Mr. Oh, heard about her playing and tutoring Rina. And it was a good thing that the school’s foundation day is coming up. And so he asked In Young’s help.

*IN YOUNG POV

“ME? To… play?” I asked in shock. “Yes, Ms. Moon. I want you to play the piano for the whole school on our foundation week. I heard from my niece that you’re a very good teacher. She’s very proud of you.” He said and smiled. “Niece? Omo! Rina-ssi is your niece, sir?!” I asked again and he nodded. “Please, In Young? I know you have finally gotten over your fear of hearing musical instruments because of well, the accident and I’m so proud of you. You’ll go places if you exposed yourself and I’m sure your parents are so proud of you right now.” Mr. Oh told me giving me a gentle smile. He was right but I never would’ve overcome my fear if not for Jung Mo. “So, will you accept? You can also ask your friend, Jung Mo to sing. I heard that he has a good voice.” Mr. Oh said and smiled. How did he know about Jung Mo? How much does this man know? “Well… okay, Mr. Oh, I accept. When will I be performing?” I asked him. “Great! You’ll be performing on the last day of our foundation week.” He said and smiled. I bowed and thanked him and left the room. I felt my phone vibrate and saw a message from him.

From: Jung Mo :)

Hey, have a nice day. ^^

I smiled sheepishly. It was his first time texting me like this. Why am I feeling like this? Aish! Jung Mo! You’re making my heart skip a beat!!! >.< Will he even know my feelings for him? Anyway, I need to break my silence. I need to talk to him about this anyway.

*JUNG MO POV

In Young went home smiling and greeting me. Oh, so now she’s finally come to her senses or something might’ve happened? “Err… Jung Mo!” she said as she sat beside me on the couch. “Hmm?” I asked reading one of her father’s music books. “Mr. Oh, my music teacher, asked me to perform in school for our foundation day. He asked me to play the piano and he even said that you could join me and sing.” She said and smiled. “Mr. Oh? How come he knows me?” I asked her. “Well, he’s Rina’s uncle. And Rina was also the one who told him about me playing the piano.” She said. “That Rina, really.” I mumbled and scratched my head. “How come you know Rina?” she asked me. “Rina failed her recital because of me.” I confessed to her. “Seriously?! How?! So, you mean, it was because of Rina that’s why you’re here?” she asked me. I nodded lamely. “I should thank her for that.” She said and smiled. “What?” I asked her. “None! I’ll go and have a shower.” She said, standing up and leaving the room. I smiled.

*IN YOUNG POV

It was almost 1 am when I suddenly woke up from my sleep because I was thirsty. As I was going down from the kitchen, I heard a familiar guitar playing but a very soothing voice singing along with the guitar. I took a peek and saw him singing, his eyes closed feeling every melody and voicing out every word. I felt the message of his song but he stopped when he saw me standing and looking at him. “You’re still awake?” he asked me breaking my trance. “I… I was thirsty.” I said and drank water. “In Young…” he said, his voice in a serious tone. “ N-nae?” I asked him. “Do you want me to sing for you?” he asked. “O-of course, yes. You do sing great, Jung Mo.” I said and smiled. “Sure.” He said. I was about to go up but then, “In Young?” he called again. “N-nae?” I asked looking at him. “Sweet dreams.” He mumbled and laid down the couch. “Thanks. You too, Jung Mo.” I said and went up my room.

*JUNG MO POV

This is crazy. What’s going on with me? Am I seriously falling for her? No. I’ll only hurt her. I can’t possibly do that. I’m an angel and I’ll soon be going back to heaven… but then, looking at In Young, she makes me want to stay and live here and be human. Aish, Jung Mo, really, you need to go to sleep.

[A/N: The song that Jung Mo was singing is Trax’s song, I Love You. I'm sorry, I don't have the link!! /cries]

*NARRATOR POV

Jung Mo practiced with In Young after they finish their teaching lessons. Kyu Min stayed with them. Eventually, Jung Mo told Kyu Min the truth and he did believed in him. “Hyung, your halo gets brighter and brighter every time.” He told Jung Mo one time before they went to practice with In Young. “What could it mean?” he asked the kid. “Well, mom said it means that the next thing you’ll be getting back is your powers. Ehmm… what are your powers anyway, hyung?” Kyu Min asked him. “Well, I can control music, Kyu Min. I can make a performance successful and I can break it as well. I can send my spirit to those who are in need of my guidance and have them perform well.” He said and smiled as he opened the door to In Young’s practice room.

After two weeks, they were all set and since it was the school’s foundation day, In Young asked Jung Mo to go with her and experience the school festival.