Chapter 10: Do You Believe In Angels?

What Happens In Heaven?

*IN YOUNG POV

After my last concert in Germany, I decided to head back home to Korea because it was my parent’s death anniversary. It’s been 5 years and everything changed after that accident that day. I was lucky enough to have been saved by my angel or I wouldn’t have gained this status right now. 5 years ago, I accepted the Paris School of Music scholarship and after 2 years, I debuted and my life changed from simple to extravagant but I never forgot who I was. I had a lot of suitors but my heart kept telling me to wait for someone, I don’t know who but still, I keep on waiting for him.

After the long hour of flight, I was finally back in Seoul. I missed its fresh and crisp air and of course, my friends. The media were at the airport when I arrived. I did interviews but did not linger there longer. I went to my new house in Gangnam so I could have a rest before I visit mom and dad tomorrow.

 

<< A month before In Young arrived back in Seoul…

 

*JUNG MO POV

In Young wasn’t living there anymore but the family who moved there told me where she lives now. As expected, it wouldn’t be easy since everything changed a lot. I mean, it’s been 5 years right?

 I had no money so I had to sleep on the streets for 3 days before I finally found a position in being a music teacher at In Young’s previous school. I bought my apartment after a week. Being human wasn’t easy but it was fun. I often stay at the school’s music room and play the piece In Young dedicated for me thinking and praying that she’d come back soon. Until one day, a student saw me and went in. “Hyung? You’re back.” He said smiling, it was Kyu Min. “Omo, you still know me?” I asked him as he sat beside me. “I’m a special type of kid, hyung.” He said and looked at me. “You’re fulfilling your promise to Noona?” he asked me again. “Nae, even if she doesn’t know me anymore. I still asked to be human again.” I said as I let out a sigh. “She’ll remember you, hyung. You gave her one thing that never disappeared when you came back to heaven.” He said. “Jeongmal? What is it?” I asked him. “You gave her your love.” He said smiling. “Ahh…” I nodded and remembered the day I kissed In Young at the park. The bell rang before I could even ask Kyu Min another question. He stood up and looked at me again before going out the room, “You look much better without your favorite halo cap, hyung.” He said and smiled. I chuckled as he closed the door. I do hope In Young remembers me.

 

>> Back to the Present…

 

*IN YOUNG POV

I had a lot of things to do today. First is to attend mass and then visit mom and dad then visit some friends and finally, visit my school.

After attending the mass, I went to the cemetery. And it started to rain. I opened my umbrella and went under a nearby tree and I suddenly saw someone walking towards my parents’ graves, a man. He placed a bouquet of flowers beside the flowers I gave and bowed. After the man left, the rain stopped. I tried looking for him but he just disappeared. Who was that guy?

My next stop was the music shop; the owner’s son was already the one pursuing the business of his late father. I was happily chatting with him when I saw the man again. He was walking past the music shop. I went out but he was lost in the crowd of people.

The man bugged me to death. It was as if I know him but I’ve never seen him before. I tried to calm my thoughts by going to Yeouido Park. I stopped in front of a particular tree and felt something weird like I’ve been here with someone before. And then, I saw the man again. He was talking to a kid and the kid looked at me but then the man walked away leaving the kid before he could even point me to him. I went to the familiar looking kid. “In Young noona, I missed you.” He said and looked at me. “Omo! Kyu Min!? Cho Kyu Min?!” I asked in shock and the boy nodded and smiled at me. “Huwaaa~ Look at you now, you’re so handsome!” I said and pinched his cheeks. “Noona, the person you’re looking for is at school. He’s been waiting for you for so long.” He said and smiled as he bowed and left me asking myself again. Who would be waiting for me?

 

*NARRATOR POV

In Young continued her list of visits until she reached her school. It hasn’t change that much though there were new buildings and staffs. She continued exploring and reminiscing as she walked on the corridors, her footsteps echoing throughout the hall when she heard a familiar song being played on the piano. It was one of the first songs she played and she started to follow the melody until her feet lead her to a familiar music room where someone was playing the piano: the man that she saw earlier. She went inside and looked at the man as if trying to remember who he was when the man stopped playing and stood up to face her. She can’t see him clearly because the sun filled gentle light to the room. “I’ve waited for you, In Young.” The man said and smiled. “You… I… saw you coming to my parent’s grave, then at the music shop and you were even talking to Kyu Min. are you one of the music teachers here? And how come you know that song? Only me and…” she paused, she wasn’t the only one who heard and played the song but she never remake it and released a new version of it and she didn’t know why. The man moved closer to her as she stepped back. “Who are you?” she asked him, her heart beating fast. “Before I answer your question, I have to ask you this…” the man said moving closer. “ In Young… do you believe… in angels?” he asked. In Young gasped and cupped her hands over .

 

“Kim Jung Mo…” she said as Jung Mo hugged her tight never letting her go.

 

--Le Fin! ^^

A/N: Kyaaaaaaa!!! I didn’t know how many months I waited and made my beloved friend wait for this but I’m so happy that it’s finally finished. :”) Your comments are always loved and appreciated. And if you ever saw this fic being posted and copied by another person, please feel free to tell me. Plagiarism is a writer’s number one enemy. And I don’t want anyone copying my precious work. You’d feel the same if I copied your and placed my name as author knowing that you worked hard on writing it, right? ^^ <3