Chapter 8: The Angel’s Kiss

What Happens In Heaven?

*IN YOUNG POV

Today was the day of my performance. I was nervous because Jung Mo backed out the last minute and said that he wants to hear me perform solo. “You’ll do great, In Young. I believe in you.” He said and smiled. Jung Mo’s smile takes all my doubts away and his gentle voice calms my nerves. This piece that I’ll be playing is something I want to dedicate to him. I hope he’ll understand what I want to say through this piece. It was almost 9 am when we reached the school. I decided to change my clothes there so I won’t ruin it since we’ll only be commuting from home to school. “I’ll be in front, In Young. I know you’ll do best.” He said and he gave me a hug and to my surprise, a kiss on the forehead that made my heart do back flips and egg rolls.

*NARRATOR POV

By 10 am, the school’s event hall was already filled with people and In Young couldn’t hide her nervousness. When she took a peek at the hall, she saw Jung Mo in front waiting for her performance to start. “Ready, In Young?” Mr. Oh asked her giving her a soft pat on the back. “Nae, Mr. Oh.” She said and smiled. This is it. “Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, distinguished guests and to our dear school heads and directors. Our 50th Foundation Week has finally come to close and I thank everyone in behalf of the school for making it very successful. And so before I move on to give the full speech, I am very proud to present you, my student and the child of two of the most well known music prodigies, Moon In Young!” he said and the curtains were drawn away revealing in Young sitting in front of a white grand piano wearing a beautiful light pink dress. Everyone clapped their hands and she began to play.

[A/N: I wanted In Young to play Autumn In My Heart’s OST: Reason because it suited her feelings for Jung Mo. Please listen to it while you read her POV. ^^ ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNqmSRtJz4U&feature=related

*IN YOUNG POV

I took a deep breath and began playing the song. I do hope Jung Mo can hear what’s inside my heart because this is what I want to say.

Hey, Jung Mo, do you remember the day we first met? Do you know that I never believed in angels and it took a while before I believed in you? Do you remember how Heechul first appeared and explained to me about your powers? And the day I didn’t feel like going to school and you stayed with me at home all day? When you told me that you knew why you were sent to me?

I never even thought that after my parents died, I’d be able to play the piano or even the guitar again. Jung Mo, you came and you’re half way in fulfilling your mission for me. I never would’ve done any of this without you. I’m scared to lose you and slowly, I realized, as time passed by, I have fallen for you. I hope you could hear my heart right now. I want to thank you, Jung Mo, for always being there for me and for making me believe in love and in angels again as well. I never asked God anything like this yet, He sent you to me. I love you, Jung Mo and you are the reason why I’m here right now. All those times we spent together, do you know how much your smile dissolves all my doubts? How your gentle voice chases all my fears away? And how your silence gives me peace. I’m lucky to have met you and I’m lucky to be with an angel .I don’t know how long will you be staying with me but I can feel that you’ll be gone soon. I know you’ll never leave my side and so, my beloved angel, I want to dedicate this piece for you. I love you so much, Jung Mo. And I’ll never forget you.

*JUNG MO POV

Yes, In Young, I can hear your heart clearly. And I love you too. I promise to protect and never leave your side for eternity until the time comes that we’ll be meeting each other in heaven again. I love you so much.

*NARRATOR POV

In young continued to play reminiscing her moments with Jung Mo and it was as if she felt Jung Mo guiding her and playing along with her as well. She smiled as tears fell down her eyes. Every person in the hall felt the sincerity and the love of the song. Some were in awe and some were even crying with her. Jung Mo smiled and continued to guide In Young. His powers were back.

*IN YOUNG POV

I finished playing and stood up, still crying. Everyone gave me a standing ovation and I saw Jung Mo smile at me and as if I saw my parents smiling and clapping along in the corner of my eye, it made me cry harder. After the closing ceremony, I never thought that most of the guests were dignitaries and they all offered me to study and make my name in Paris but I did not accepted them at once. I said that I’ll be thinking about it I still want to spend my days with Jung Mo. I went out the office and saw him waiting for me at the pavilion beside our school. “Jung Mo!” I called him blushing.

“Hey, you did so great.” He said and smiled as he gave me a bouquet of flowers. “Omo!” I said in surprise and got the bouquet. “It’s so beautiful.” I said admiring the flowers. “Hm. Just like you.” He said looking at me. “Jung Mo…” I said and looked at him as reality struck me. I can see him shining so bright and his halo was almost too visible and even though he wore a black suit, there was a different light surrounding him. What was lacking were his wings. “Is there anything wrong, In young?” he asked me. “You… nothing! Ahaha! Thank you for this. I love it.” I said and forced a smile. “Chukahae, Jung Mo and you, In Youngie~!” we heard a familiar voice, it was Heechul. Jung Mo looked at his phone and we saw him there. “Oh my gosh, Jung Mo! You finally got your powers back!” he said and grinned widely. “I did?! How, hyung?” he asked him. “You’re shining bright. Go on and ask In Young. Your wings are the only thing that you’re lacking.” He said and Jung Mo looked at me with sadness in his eyes. “Is it possible if I ask for a little bit more time, hyung?” he asked Heechul but he shook his head, “I’m sorry, Jung Mo, it’s all set. You’ll be getting your wings soon and well… something will happen. I’m sorry.” He said and disappeared.

*JUNG MO POV

We continued walking home. “Hey, you seem so sad?” I asked In Young as I held her hand. She held mine tightly as if afraid to let me go. “You’re leaving soon. I don’t know what to do without you.” She said and we stopped under a cherry blossom tree. The wind blew calmly. “I may not be physically present but you’ll know that I’m always beside you, In Young.” I told her and hugged her. She began to cry and hug me tight. I wiped her tears and cupped her face with my hands. “Don’t cry, In Young. I’ll always, always be with you.” I said and closed my eyes as I gave her a kiss.

*IN YOUNG POV

Jung Mo, the Angel Of Music was my first kiss. He kissed me sweetly and I kissed him back as I wrapped my arms around his neck his hands around my waist pulling me impossibly closer to him. “I love you so much, In Young.” He said as we broke the kiss. “I love you too, Jung Mo.” I said and smiled.

I spent my whole day with Jung Mo. We went to Lotte World, ate in a restaurant, sang inside a noraebang and all things usual couples do when they date. It was almost night when we decided to go home.

 

“His time is up.”

*NARRATOR POV

Jung Mo and In Young were waiting for the stop light to turn red so they could cross the street but then In Young saw Kyu Min apparently listening to his iPod and looking down not noticing the stop light. The kid continued to walk and Jung Mo was checking his phone when In Young ran after Kyu Min. “IN YOUNG!!!” was all she heard and the sound of tires screeching and a bright light. And then, time stopped. In Young opened her eyes to see Jung Mo hugging her and Kyu Min, his wings enveloping the two of them. “J-Jung Mo!” she whispered as tears began to fall from her eyes. “In Young…” Jung Mo said and looked at her. He let go of her and In Young saw Heechul coming down from the sky. “Yah! Kim Jung Mo! I missed you!” he said and embraced him. “He’s leaving.” Kyu Min mumbled holding onto In Young.