Chapter 9: Jung Mo’s Decision

What Happens In Heaven?

*JUNG MO POV

I never thought that I was leaving In Young so soon. “It’s time to go back, Jung Mo.” Heechul hyung said waiting for me. “What will happen to In Young?” I asked him. “I’m sorry but after this, her memories of you shall be erased.” He said and I was shocked. “NO! NO! Please! Hyung, please don’t!” I pleaded as tears began to fall from my eyes. “I’m sorry, Jung Mo, that’s our law.” He said and looked down. I turned and went to In Young. “Promise me… promise me that you’ll never forget your angel… I’ll be back for you, In Young. I swear to be back.” I said and hugged her tight before kissing her for the last time. In Young was sobbing hard and refused to let go of my hand. “Jung Mo… I’ll wait for you… I love you, Kim Jung Mo…” she said before letting my hand go and before I knew it, I was back in heaven.

*NARRATOR POV

“Welcome back, Jung Mo. I hope you learned your lesson.” Angel Gabriel told him as he faced everyone in the Hall of Music. He saw In Young’s parents beaming at him. “Angel Gabriel, I would like to have a word with God.” Jung Mo said and shocked everyone. “Why? Is there anything that you would like to tell Him?” his senior asked. “Yes. And I’d like to tell it to Him in private.” He said smiling. Gabriel couldn’t say no but he asked Jung Mo to talk to Him the next day. He agreed.

*JUNG MO POV

Back in my own hall, I instantly looked at what In Young was doing now. Things changed and I missed her. I wish I was the type of angel who could come down to earth easily. “In Young… I miss you.” I whispered as I saw her looking at the white teddy bear on her bed. All the time, I just watched her sleep like I promised. I saw the necklace was still with her except that the gem turned blue. Then I went to my piano and began to play the piece she played for me when I heard someone knocked on my door. The door opened revealing her mom and dad. “Jung Mo-ah, you did a good job in bringing back the music to our daughter’s life and loving her.” Her father told me. “I know that you wish to go back but… there would be a great consequence.” Her mother began. “Huh? What do you mean?” I asked them. “Of course if you want to be human again, aside from the fact that In Young doesn’t know you anymore, your immortality will be stripped from you and your powers as well.” She said. “I understand. I’m ready for anything just to be with In Young.” I said and smiled.

*NARRATOR POV

Time in heaven is different from the time in earth. It has been 5 years and In Young accepted the scholarship. She made her name in Paris and became a professional and a very famous piano player even famous than her parents and to her every performance, she never fails to mention ‘my angel’ whenever she starts to play, her angel who changed her life although she can’t clearly remember who that angel was.

*JUNG MO POV

My meeting with God.

“I want to ask you a favor straight, Lord. I want to be human and be with In young again.” I said and looked at a bright being. “Are you sure about your decision, my dear angel?” His voice echoed throughout heaven. “Yes. It is my decision, Father.” I said calmly and smiled. “I can see your pure heart and I am very happy and proud of you although a bit sad because I’ll be losing one of my precious angels, but for the sake of love, I’ll be happy to grant your request.” He said and I smiled brighter. “You do know the consequences right?” He asked me again. “Yes, Father. I am ready.” I answered. “Very well, let My will be done. God Bless you, Kim Jung Mo and see you back soon, Angel of Music.” God said and before I knew it, I was back in front of In Young’s door. I was human again.