Chapter 1: The Epic Fail

What Happens In Heaven?

*NARRATOR POV

It was a bright sunny day when Rina woke up. Today was the day of her piano recital. She worked hard and prayed hard just to have the best performance for her parents today. As she was preparing for her much awaited recital, in heaven, her guardian angel Jung Mo, was still asleep.

“Hee Chul, check on your best friend, Jung Mo. I can’t sense his guidance on little Rina. Today is the little girl’s recital. If he fails to do his duties again, I’m afraid the consequences are severe.” Angel Michael told Hee Chul that day. “Yes, Angel Michael. I shall go to him at once.” He said looking at his mirror.

Heaven was like a big building with many floors and rooms. And angels didn’t use their wings to transport from one place to another, they walk. Yes, just like what humans do. They wanted to be humane in their actions because of the fact that they were once human when they were still alive.

As Hee Chul reached the Hall of Music, he saw Jung Mo sleeping in front of his mirror where he can see the human he’s guiding and guarding. “YAH! KIM JUNG MO!!!” Hee Chul screamed out loud. Jung Mo was startled and woke up instantly.

*HEE CHUL POV

Seriously? This guy’s really something. He can be reliable at times and he can be so stubborn when he feels like it.I told myself looking at Jung Mo who was rubbing his eyes and stretching. “Why were you screaming?” he asked me as he yawned. “Well, Angel Michael just told me that you were again, not fulfilling your duties to little Rina. Today is her recital just to inform you, Angel of Music.” I told him one of my eyebrows raised. “I know that today’s her recital. Look, she’s still on her way. I’m going to help her later when she steps up the stage.” He told me looking sour as he gazed at the mirror. “Well just make sure you do your work. I can’t cover you up anymore because Angel Michael’s planning on giving you the so-called ‘severe consequence’” I told him. “Psh. And what kind of consequence is that?” he asked looking at me smiling. “I don’t know. If you really want to know, don’t do your duties and see for yourself.” I said and smiled mischievously at him. “Whatever, Hee Chul.” He said and looked back at the monitor. “You could leave me now. “ He continued. I heaved a sigh and left the room.

*JUNG MO POV

There are still 2 performances before Rina’s recital. I should get ready. Looking at my room filled with musical instruments of all kinds, I went over to my grand piano and sat feeling a bit tired, I yawned and stretched. Helping Rina pass her recital is my last assignment for now and I need to finish it soon and he must not fail.

*NARRATOR POV

Finally, it was Rina’s time to perform. She went up nervously on stage and whispered her prayers before breathing deeply and sitting in front of the piano. Meanwhile, Jung Mo began to play flawlessly and as if he was inside Rina who was also making a flawless performance. But then, he accidentally hit the wrong chord causing Rina to fail instantly. Jung Mo managed to get back from his fall but the humans back at the recital did not accepted Rina’s tiny flaw.