The Power of Soju

Stages of Love

 

"W-what?" Sunggyu managed to say after a flash of emotions stirred inside him.

"I mean, if we 'break up' it wouldn't make sense for me to see you, let alone spend hours with you out"

--------

Two weeks passed and their usual routine went on. Ever Friday and Saturday, Eunji met up with Sunggyu and practiced choreography, as well as singing. 

Hoya noticed how close the two has been getting. One day, in the filming of Respond 1997, Hoya came up and talked to Eunji.

"Eunji-ah~" Hoya greeted. Because of the sitcom they're both starring on, they've gotten closer as well. 

"Hoya sunbae!" Eunji waved at him, smiling brightly as ever.

"Aish, we've been working together for weeks, we're friends right?" Hoya waved his hand. 

"Hoya oppa?" Eunji said cutely, causing Hoya to slightly blush.

He cleared his throat "Let's go grab some lunch. My treat."

"Didnt you buy me lunch last time though? I'll treat you." Eunji grabbed her wallet. 

"Ani, next time. But you'll have to cook it yourself." 

"Wow, how demanding. Arasso." Eunji put her wallet big in her purse in defeat, following Hoya's lead to a restaurant.

"Let's eat samgyupsal. Don't you love that?" Hoya smiled

"I do actually. How'd you know?" Eunji turned to him, curiosity in her eyes.

"Who doesn't? Let's go to..." Hoya looked straight ahead, recognizing a bright sign. "There" he pointed to the sign he recognized. "They make it really good there."

"I'll trust you with that." Eunji replied. A couple minutes of walking and chatting about their work they arrived at the place.

"Ahjumma!" Hoya greeted with a smile. "Two servings please"

"Oh Hoya," the Ahjumma glanced at Eunji "Is that your girlfriend?"

Both Hoya and Eunji blushed "A-Aniyo" they both said in unison

"Aigoo.." the Ahjumma lead them to a table. Eunji takes a seat across Hoya.

"So, how's is your relationship with Sunggyu going?" Hoya let out a soft chuckle

"Oh hush, you know about us." Eunji playfully glared at him. Hoya is the only one who knows that they're not actually dating. Still, he continues to tease them.

"Well you guys have been extr----

"Hyung!!!" an excited Sungyeol hopped towards them, making both of them slightly jump.

"Oh Sungyeol, " Hoya turned around and found the other members are present. What the heck are they doing here? He thought.

"Oh Eunji, good you're here." Sungyeol gave Eunji a smile. Eunji waved to the others.

"Eat with us. " Woohyun said, patting Hoya's shoulder. "kaja" Both Hoya and Eunji followed. Sunggyu stared at Eunji as he patted the seat next to him. 

Eunji takes the seat, considering that he is her so called boyfriend. The ahjumma came and started taking orders.

"We should drink soju. Eunji and Sungjong are legal to drink now right?" Both nod. Its Eunji's first time drinking, but she thought shed give it a shot.

"So Sunggyu, how long have you guys been dating? Man it feels like it was yesterday when you told us about you two." Myungsoo said with his signature smirk. "Who'd ever thought Hyung would be the first one to get a girl among us." Everyone laughed but Sunggyu stayed serious.

"Actually...." he finally said. He turned to Eunji and wrapped an arm around her. "A month now." Eunji felt her face flush. She was still uncomfortable with Sunggyu's touch despite of him moving her arms during practice. 

"Oh good thing we're here then. Let's celebrate with the soju!" 

Sunggyu didn't take his arm around Eunji. She didn't seem to notice it after a while and continued conversing with the oh so hyper members. Sunggyu and Hoya stayed quiet. Surprisingly, Myungsoo was talking. Which was rare.

Eunji took glances of Sunggyu. Who seemed to be serious about something. "Something wrong?" she asked in a tone only both of them can hear.

Sunggyu shook his head, keeping his position and didn't say a word. 

The food arrived not long after. They started grilling the meat as Dongwoo opened the soju, pouring them in the shot glasses. He handed everyone each after.

"Okay, so we should drink at the same time." Sungjong suggested. They held their cups up and looked at each other. Sunggyu glanced at Eunji, who was staring at her glass and seemed to be quite worried about it. He pushed her arm down gently, a concerned Sunggyu looked at her as she turned to him. "You don't need to drink it."

Eunji shook her head "Ani, it's fine. It's not much." she smiled reassuringly, taking Sunggyu's hand off her arm. 

After a countdown led by Dongwoo, all drank their shots. The face Eunji made caused laughter on the table. She laughed a long while Sunggyu continued to look at him, his concerned demeanor not changing.

After a couple more shots of soju and bites of the samgyupsal, Eunji seemed to be the most drunk. She was more giggly than ever. She collapsed on her 5th shot.

Sungyeol offered to carry Eunji, but Sunggyu refused. "He's my girlfriend. I'll do it" The statement left the others shocked, as grandpa gyu offered to do something that requires immense physical strength. He crouched down and waited for Hoya to put Eunji on his back. Eunji managed to hold onto Sunggyu tightly. The others have left, leaving only Hoya and Sunggyu behind with Eunji.

"Go ahead, I can do it."

"Really? You?" Hoya raised an eyebrow, earning a death glare from the grumpy Sunggyu. Because of this, he headed out first.

Sunggyu got up and felt the great weight on his back. It wasn't as heavy as he thought Eunji would be, but it's still requiring him to use a lot of energy.

"This girl seriously.." he sighed. The piggyback ride for her was a pain, yes, but he couldnt just let Hoya or any other carry her. Along the way he decided to take a break, seating Eunji carefully at a bench.

Eunji seemed to regain some consciousness and turned toward Sunggyu. "Oh, it's my boyfriend."

Sunggyu knew Eunji was very drunk, having that in his mind didn't affect him at her statement at all.

"Sunbae.."

Sunggyu stayed quiet and looked away. Exhausted from the walk, he took deep slow breaths and stared at the bright night life of Hongdae around him.

"Oppa." 

Having to hear Eunji call him "oppa" for the first time since he's asked her, he felt himself flush quite a bit, and stutter as he spoke "W-what is i-it?"

Eunji smiled and sat up. She turned to Sunggyu only to fall to his shoulder. Sunggyu caught him and held her in his arms "Y-yah.."

"Oppa, why are you so nice to me hm? Wae?"

"I don't know either." Sunggyu absentmindedlg wrapped his arms around Eunji. "Don't ask. I just am."

Eunji buried her face on Sunggyu's shoulder. Sunggyu could feel Eunji exhalation of warm air against his neck. He wasnt uncomfortable, but he wasn't comfortable either. This intimacy was new to him.

"Oppa. What if I tell you... I've come to like you?" Eunji said after.  Sunggyu's eyes widened but he kept in mind that Eunji is drunk.

"Cause I have." Eunji pulled herself back, having a perfect view of Sunggyu's face. She traced her thumb down Sunggyu's nose. 

"No double eyelids.. a straight nose.. a nice expression when smiling.." she chuckled softly "Youre perfect!" she was smiling cheekily. Sunggyu blushed a bright red. He looked away, avoiding Eunji focused gaze on him.

"Why are you red?" Eunji now patted both of Sunggyu's cheeks. Sunggyu couldn't keep focus because of her actions, not believing any of this is happening.

"We should get going come on let's--"

"No." Eunji had a childish expression on her face. "No no no no. Not until.."

"Not until what?"

"Oppa."

"What?" Sunggyu put his gaze back on her.

Eunji leaned forward, inches away from Sunggyu's face. "I like.. you."

"You're just drunk Eunji come on let's--

"Aniya!" Eunji exclaimed with frustration. "I like you. Okay?"

"You're drunk and it's late we sh--

"Yah oppa!" Eunji lightly hit Sunggyu's shoulder. "Are you rejecting me?" a frown formed on her lips.

"Eunji.." 

Eunji sniffled "They were right, you are mean. Forget what I said, who would even like you?"

Sunggyu didn't say a word. He's heard this from Sungjong but Eunji's words seemed to hurt him more. 

"Eunji.."

"Wae?!! Say something already!"

Sunggyu inched his face closer to hers, pressing his soft lips against Eunji's cherry tinted lips. She closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around his neck, moving her lips along with his. Sunggyu lingered for a while then broke away. He stared at Eunji, who's eyes are still closed for a response.

She'd seemed to be knocked out. 

 

 

Author's Note:

Well didnt this chapter just .. I feel like its rushed but im kinda hoping you guys still like it.

Is it rushed or is it okay? Tell meee D:

Oh and, if you can it would be nice if you can click and join us~

http://seoulmaterp.tumblr.com/

Also, im planning to start a oneshot collection.  Tell me which group would you like to see~ See ya guys Saturday!