Chapter 08

Confession Of A Fool

Chapter 8

 

“If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him/her. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate.”  ~ C.JoyBell C.

 

Seohyun POV

 

“Sound of glass shattering on the floor”

 

“ahhhhhhh ahhhhhhh” “I hate her!!” “aaaahhhhhhh”  scream can be heard from seohyun room. She has been throwing things and screaming inside her room since she got home 15 minutes ago. Her housemaid has been knocking on her door since.

 

Seohyun dad arrived home 20 minutes later after been called by the housemaid telling him about seohyun situation. He asked about seohyun. Mrs Yeo,their housemaid said seohyun is now crying in her room. He quickly go to seohyun room and unlock the door using his spare key.

 

“Angel, what happen? Why are you crying like this?” he asked but seohyun just kept on crying. When she fall asleep her dad put blanket on her; clean her room and leave her to rest.

 

But the truth is seohyun just pretend to sleep. She sat up on her bed and slid her legs to the side staring at nothing. She start remembering thing from two years ago when she was in New Zealand.

 

It was the day before her graduation. Seohyun and shinhye promise to go for late dress shopping to wear during their graduation day tomorrow but shinhye had to cancel the very last minute as she had to pick her families at the airport. So instead shinhye asked yonghwa to go shopping with seohyun on her behalf.

 

It’s was a very happy day for seohyun. This is the first time she shopping together with yonghwa; just the two of them. She felt like a couple going on date.

 

They go from one store to other designer boutiques along Queens Street. But nothing caught seohyun attention also yonghwa look like he is force to accompany her.

 

Yonghwa was browsing through the shop closet when something caught his attention. At the corner of his eyes he saw a cute vintage dress. He grabbed the dress and looked at it.

 

Not far from him, seohyun is looking and smiling.  She approach yonghwa.

 

“Omo.. it’s cute and beautiful. A little old fashion but I like it” seohyun whispered.

 

Yonghwa looked at her and say “you like it? So shinhye gonna love it too” startled by yonghwa answer seohyun froze while yonghwa goes to the cashier and paid for the dress.

 

They end up going home shortly after that since seohyun said she didn’t want to dress shopping anymore and will just wear the new dress her father brought for her recently.

 

On their graduation day she saw shinhye wearing the dress yonghwa brought. After the ceremony, shinhye invited seohyun to go with her for some celebration with her families; looking at shinhye dress and the way yonghwa smile for her make seohyun angry. One year being best friend with shinhye  seohyun secretly hate and jealous of her; her hate toward shinhye grow bigger after yonghwa brought her the pink dress.all this time seohyun know yonghwa like shinhye but she just assume it a crush but seeing how shinhye accept his gift mean that yonghwa must have confess and shinhye accept his feeling which mean they are couple already. seohyun got so angry;they fight and seohyun left. That was the last time she saw shinhye cause that night seohyun flight back to Australia following her mother.

Remembering that seohyun become more angrier. She grab her phone and start texting someone.

 

“Keep doing what you do but make sure she didn’t realize”

~seohyun

 

 

Shinhye Pov

 

I put my spoon down and drink my water. I looked out the window, it was kind of my thing lately, looking out windows and look absent minded.

 

Jonghyun waved his hand in front of my face to get my attention. ”Hello from planet earth” he joked. I looked at him, “Yeah?” I yelled. He smile and took a sip of his soda, “Day dreaming again?” he asked.

 

“Aniyo, I’m just wondering”

 

“About what?”

 

“Secret” I answered, with a smile and a wink.

 

“Let go, we have so much to do with little time” I said to jonghyun.

Jonghyun stood up, “Come on, We need to relax today. Want to go to Han River? He asked. I smiled and stood up, “Sure, I need some time to relax my mind” I answered.

 

He took my hand. “Okay, let’s go” he said.

 

At Han River,

 

They were walking side by side along the paths of Han River. The weather is nice. Sun was shining and warm, cold wind breeze from the river touched their body, they were looking at each other from time to time.

 

Smiling.

 

“Do you still remember the day we meet?” Jonghyun asked. It was a day like this. You were seating at park bench looking absent minded. I was taking picture. I saw you and I took a picture of you just when you start crying. You know from my view it’s like a Sad Drama.

 

Shinhye sighed, and looked at him, he was smiling. “You know I hate to remember that embarrassing moment right?” “And you owe me that picture; just give it to me already, please jonghyun-ah!” I begged him. Jonghyun just look at shinhye.

 

“And that time you slap me to stop me from taking picture of you because you thought I was stalking you? Well, I was, but it was my job. I like taking picture anywhere and everyone.. You just happen to be one of them. He continued.

 

“That was when I realised that I was falling for you. My heart couldn’t stop beating fast. After that you were everywhere in my life. And believe me I tried to ignore this feeling for you, I really tried, but unexpectedly I meet you again. And one thing leads to another’s and here we are today. He said.

 

Shinhye never forget that day. It was the day of yonghwa enlistment to the army. Without yonghwa knowing she was there amongst all the people’s that sending their love one for their military duty. After that she goes to Han River for some fresh air. But she was so caught up with emotion that she end up crying, suddenly she heard a camera clicking and turn to look and saw someone taking her picture. The rest is history. And that was one year ago.

 

“I miss him”