Chapter 8

When The Sun Goes Down

 

Hyoyeon sat down and started studying. It’s been two hours and for some reason she can’t focus. “Why do I keep thinking about him?” She asked herself.

Sungmin comes out of nowhere and sits next to Hyoyeon. “Thinking about who?”

“Eun—Wait?! What are you doing here?! You scared the crap out of me!” Hyoyeon hits Sungmin.

“What..how, I just sat. And who’s Eun?” he asked.

“What…i don’t know what you’re talking about.” She lied.

“hmm…I can’t believe you’re spacing out and thinking of someone. You’re like the top ranked student.”

“I’m not spacing out; I was just taking a break.”

“If you say so. Anyway, is Sunny in the dorm?” He asked.

“Umm..yea.”

Hyoyeon remembered that she was supposed to meet Eunhyuk. “Ah! I need to leave!” she packed up.

“Why?”

“Uhh..because..I have to talk to a teacher.” She lied.

“Oh, okay. Bye then.”

“Bye!” she ran out of the library.

Am I late? Will he be mad?” Hyoyeon hurried off to the vampire building. She entered the building and started looking for Eunhyuk’s dorm. “212…where’s 212?” She bumps into someone.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I wasn’t looking…” She looks up and sees the mysterious guy from the picnic yesterday. He smiles, “Well, isn’t it nice to see you again?” She ignores him and walks off.

He grabs her wrist and pulls her against him, “What’s wrong, I’m just being friendly.” Hyoyeon tries to pull away but he was too strong. “Let go!” She demanded. “Wow, you’re even pretty when you’re angry.” He grins. Hyoyeon raised her eyebrow, “What do you want?” She asked. He leans in and whispers, “You.” Hyoyeon eyes widen. He lets her go and walks off.

“Why me?” she wondered. She tries to forget what happened and continues looking for Eunhyuk’s room.

“Oh! It’s right here.” She smiled and knocked on the door. The door opened, “Hey, come in.” Eunhyuk said.

“Sorry I’m late.” She said.

“No, It’s fine.” He smiled.

Hyoyeon looks around, “So this is your room, eh?”

“Yea, sit anywhere.”

“Okay.” She sits on his bed.

“So, we agreed where their date will be, right?” he said.

“Yea.”

He walks to his computer, “Alright then, let’s use the computer for ideas.” he sat down.

“Oh, okay. So what about swimming, is not romantic?”

“They can swim if they want but won’t they be tired. So we need other ideas.”

Hyoyeon gets up and stands next to Eunhyuk, “What are they going to eat?”

Eunhyuk smiles and looks at Hyoyeon, “Here, sit.” he offers his seat.

“Huh…oh thanks.” She smiles.

“So what do you think? Snacks will be good, right?” She asked.

“Yea, like having a picnic. We can set it up for them, so they don’t have to do anything.” He replied.

“Okay. Oh, it says dancing is romantic on the beach. What do you think?” she pointed at the computer screen.

Eunhyuk stands behind her and leans in to see the screen “Sounds nice.” She can feel his chest pressed up against her. Hyoyeon starts blushing, “Uhh…I think we have enough ideas.” She stands up. “Oh, okay. Do you know what to make for their picnic?” he asked.

“Umm..no, I don’t know..how to cook.”

“That’s fine. We can make sandwiches for them.”

“Uh..i don’t know how to make…sandwiches.” She embarrassedly admitted.

“What, you’re serious?” Eunhyuk laughed.

“Yea, stop laughing.”

“How can you not know how?!” He continued laughing.

“I grew up in a rich family, so we had chefs to make our food.” Hyoyeon explained.

“Oh, still funny.” He snickered.

“Stop or I’ll leave.” she scowled at him.

“Okay, okay I’ll stop.” He smiled.

“You better not tell anyone about that, got it!”

“Okay, I won’t.”

“You handle the sandwiches and I’ll look for what type of music they like.”

“Hmmm…what about we both do it.”

“Hello, did you forget?…I don’t know how to make sandwiches.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll teach you. Sunny and Sungmin will appreciate it.”

“Okay, then when will you teach me?”

“What about tomorrow? We can go to the cafeteria and ask for permission if we can use the kitchen.”

“Okay, then the date will be tomorrow. I’ll handle the music.”

“Alright, I’ll walk you back.” He said.

“No, I’ll be fine.” She denied as she opened the door.

“Okay then.” Hyoyeon leaves then Eunhyuk follows. She looks back, “Why are you following me? I said I’ll be fine.”

“I’m not following you. I have to be somewhere.” He laughs.

“Oh, sorry.” She got embarrassed.

“Bye.” He said.

“Bye.” She said. Suddenly she remembered something, “Eunhyuk!” she ran to him.

“Huh, what?” he asked.

“Um..thanks for this morning.”

“Oh, no problem. I’m glad I got closer to you.” He smiled.

“Really?..me too. ” She smiled and blushed.

“Good night.” He waved.

“Night.” She smiled.

Eunhyuk watches her leave and smiles, “Cute.

Hyoyeon walks back to her dorm. “Why are you smiling?” Sunny asked.

“Huh..oh I’m smiling? It’s nothing. By the way, what kind of music do you like?”

“Why are you randomly asking me that?”

“Come on, answer.”

“Umm..i don’t know, I guess music like classical music. Why?”

“Ohhh..thanks! Nothing, just wondering.” Hyoyeon smiles.

“Okay…well, go get ready for bed.” Sunny said.

“Okay.” Hyoyeon replied.

“Does Sungmin know Eunhyuk’s number?” Hyoyeon asked while brushing her teeth.

“Umm…i guess. You guys have been close lately…do you like him?!” Sunny replied.

 Hyoyeon chokes and comes out of the bathroom, “WHAT?! NO!” She yelled.

“Wow, you didn’t have to say it like that.” Sunny laughed.

“Oh, sorry. I don’t like him, okay.”

“Fine.”

“Let’s sleep! Night!”

“Good Night.” Sunny said.

 

Sunny wakes up in the middle of the night. She hears Hyoyeon weeping. “Hyoyeon, what’s wrong?” Sunny runs to her. But Hyoyeon is still weeping and asleep. Sunny tries to wake Hyoyeon up, “Hyoyeon, wake up!” Finally, Hyoyeon opens her frightened eyes.

“Hyoyeon, are you okay?” Sunny anxiously asked.

“….I’m..f—fine.” Hyoyeon replied.

“But why were you crying?!”

“I don’t know…I kept seeing...this guy with red, gloomy eyes and fangs sticking out. He was slowly approaching..me.”

“Are you sick? Did something happen to you lately?”

“No…nothing that I can recall of. It's nothing to be worried about. Let’s go back to sleep.”

“Hyoyeon…are you sure, you’ll be okay?” Sunny hugged her.

“Yea, I’ll be fine. Sorry that I woke you up.” Hyoyeon smiled.

“It's fine, good night then.” Sunny went back sleep.

“Night…” Hyoyeon sighed.

 

Three hours later, Hyoyeon is still awake and can’t go back to sleep. She feels confused and worried about dream. She looks over to Sunny and sees that she’s asleep. She gets up and goes to the bathroom quietly. She splashes cold water over her face and looks in the mirror. “He seems so similar. Why do I feel like I shouldn't be scared of him?” she kept thinking. “It's nothing, Hyoyoen. Forget about it.” She shook her head. She decides to go back to sleep and clear her mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tried to make this chapter longer for you guys. Chapter 9 will be updated soon! Well, thanks for reading!