Chapter 11

When The Sun Goes Down

 

“Hey guys!” Hyoyeon sat down. “Hey.” They all greeted. Eunhyuk looks up surprised and tries to avoid eye contact. “I can’t stay here, I need to leave.” “Oh! Hyoyeon, when are you going to return my stuff?” Tiffany asked. “Oh, yeah. I’ll return them to you after lunch.” Hyoyeon replied. Sungmin pointed at Eunhyuk, “Eunhyuk insisted he was going to return them yesterday but instead he ran away like a lunatic.” he laughed. “What? Why?” Key asked while munching on chips. They all looked at Eunhyuk waiting for his answer. “I—I forgot that I had to do something.” He lied. “What? Homework.” Hyoyeon laughed. Eunhyuk wasn’t laughing nor was he looking at Hyoyeon. Her smile drops and just stares at Eunhyuk worried.

The bell rings, lunch was over. Eunhyuk says bye and quickly leaves. Hyoyeon tries to wave but he left already. She watches him leave. “Is he really avoiding me?”

“Hyoyeon, let’s go.” Tiffany gets her attention.

“Oh, sorry.” She said.

They head to Hyoyeon’s dorm. “Here you go.” Hyoyeon hands Tiffany her boombox and CDs. “So, I heard you guys were on a double date.” Tiffany smiled. “Yea…wait WHAT?! We weren’t on a date. Who told you this, was it Sunny?!” Hyoyeon exclaimed. “Calm down, I was just joking.” Tiffany laughed. “You better. Eunhyuk and I are just…friends.” Hyoyeon frowned. Tiffany looks at her, “What’s wrong?”

“...I think he’s avoiding me.”

“What? How?”

“Well, this morning I saw him and shouted his name. He saw me but he walked away. And during lunch, he wasn’t even looking at me while I was talking to him. He seemed uncomfortable.” Hyoyeon explains.

“That’s odd…never seen him act like that before. He’s a nice, honest person. I don’t know why he’s avoiding you. Did anything happen between you two?” Tiffany asked.

“No..I don’t think so.”

“Should I ask him for you?”

“Uhh…no, it's fine...I feel like he hates me. I’ve never felt this hurt before.” Hyoyeon eyes got watery.

“Hyoyeon…” Tiffany hugged her. “Don’t worry, he doesn’t hate you. Eunhyuk isn’t like that.” Tiffany smiled.

“Really..” Hyoyeon smiled.

“Yea.”

“Thanks.” Hyoyeon hugged her.

“No problem, I'll be leaving now.” Tiffany smiled.

“Bye.” Hyoyeon waved.

 

Two weeks have passed. Eunhyuk is still ignoring Hyoyeon. “Hyoyeon, are you okay? You look sick.” Sunny worried.

“Huh, I’m fine.” Hyoyeon sighed.

“Why don’t you stay and rest for the day?” Sunny suggested.

“No, I can’t. I have a test today.” Hyoyeon replied.

“Okay, text me if anything happens, okay?” Sunny smiled.

“Okay. Bye.” Hyoyeon said.

“Bye.” Sunny waved and left for class.

Hyoyeon grabbed her bag and left. “It's been two weeks. Will I see him again?” She wondered as she entered her class.

She walks to her seat but sees a girl by her desk. “Umm..can I help you?” Hyoyeon asked.

“I’m sorry. Am I in your way?” The girl asked.

“Yea.” Hyoyeon replied.

The girl moved and asked, "Have you seen Kibum?”

“Uhh..no.” Hyoyeon took her notebook out.

Kibum comes in. “Kibum!” The girl shouted. “Ohh, hey. What’s up?” He hugged her. “Are you free after class?” She grabbed his hand. “Yea, wanna come over?” He rapped his arm around her waist. Hyoyeon glanced at them disgusted. “Ugh, what is wrong with this girl?” “I’ll see you later then. Bye.” The girl left.

Kibum sat down and glanced at Hyoyeon. “Were you jealous?”

“Why would I be?” She said.

“I caught you looking at me.”

“I wasn’t looking at you. I was looking at the girl. I can’t understand why she would even talk to you.” She exclaimed.

He laughed and leaned in, “That’s cause you’re missing out.” He winked at her.

She glared at him, “Whatever.”

“Okay, are you guys ready for the test?” Ms. Kim walks in. “Yea.” The class responds. She passes the test to Hyoyeon, “Okay, I can ace this test!”

“Good luck.” Ms. Kim smiled.

 

Hyoyeon finishes her test first and hands it to Ms. Kim. As she walked back to her desk, she starts feeling dizzy. Suddenly, she falls to the ground. “Hyoyeon?!” Ms. Kim runs to her. The whole class was shocked and worried. “We need to take her to the clinic.” Ms. Kim said. “I’ll take her.” Kibum picked her up.

 

Hyoyeon opened her eyes. She saw Sunny’s worried face. “Hyoyeon?” Sunny said.

Hyoyeon got up, “Where am i?” She touched her head. “Lye back down and you’re in the clinic.” Sunny said.

“What..why?”

“You fainted.” Kibum said.

Key, Tiffany and Eunhyuk ran into the clinic.

Hyoyeon looked at Kibum, “Did you carry me here?”

“Yea.”

“Thanks.” Hyoyeon smiled.

Eunhyuk stared at Kibum. “Where have I seen this guy before? Oh, the library…”

“Ugh, it’s that guy from the picnic.” Tiffany said. 

“What, It’s the same guy…why’s he here?” Eunhyuk glared at Kibum.

“Hyoyeon, are you okay?” Key asked. She turned and saw Eunhyuk standing at the door. She started smiling brightly. “Eunhyuk..”

“I’m fine, guys. You didn’t have to come.” Hyoyeon said.

“Hyoyeon, we were worried about you.” Tiffany hugged her.

“Aww but I’m fine.” Hyoyeon smiled.

“Say hi to her. You guys haven’t seen each other for a long time.” Key nudged to Eunhyuk.

 Eunhyuk couldn’t move and felt awkward. Key pushed him. “Dude!” He shouted. Everybody looked at him, “Ohh..umm Hi, Hyoyeon. Are you feeling alright?” He nervously asked. “I’m sorry, who are you?” Hyoyeon asked, jokily. “It’s me, Eunhyuk.” He said with a confused face. “I know. I’ve haven’t seen you in weeks!” Hyoyeon laughed. “Well...I..” He rubbed the back of his head. “It’s fine.” Hyoyeon glared at him.

“AH! The test!” Hyoyeon shouted.

“Calm down, you already finished it.” Kibum said.

“Ohh..i did.” She laughs.

“Yea then you fainted. It was funny because you drooling all over me.” Kibum .

“What! No I didn’t.” She hit him and laughed.

Eunhyuk looked at them, annoyed. “Since when did they get close? Wasn't he acting like a jerk last time?”

“Well, I’m leaving.” Kibum said.

“Oh..thanks for carrying me here.” Hyoyeon said.

Kibum smiles and leaves. Eunhyuk glares at him as he passes him. “I don’t like him..”

“I’ll see you later, Hyoyeon.” Sunny left also.

“Bye.” Hyoyeon smiled.

Tiffany went next to Key, “Let’s leave these two alone.” She whispered. “Okay.” Key agreed. “Oh! Well, look at the time..Tiffany and I need to be somewhere. Bye!” They walked off. “Wait..what?” Eunhyuk said. “Wow, that was obvious.” Hyoyeon laughed. “I know.” Eunhyuk smiled.

 

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! I'll update soon!