Chapter 12

When The Sun Goes Down

 

It got awkwardly silent.“Soo…” Eunhyuk said.

Hyoyeon stared at him, “Why did you ignore me?” She asked.

“Huh?..uhh..I..” Eunhyuk couldn’t tell her.

“Why?” She kept asking.

Eunhyuk started getting nervous. “I can’t tell her..”

“I-I had family problems.” He lied. “Sorry, Hyoyeon..”

“Oh, okay. I hope everything is okay now.” She said.

“Uhh..yea, it is.” He said.

The nurse came in, “Oh, you still have visitors?”

“Yea, sorry.” Hyoyeon said.

“No it’s fine. But you need to rest.” The nurse stated.

“Oh, I was about to leave. Bye, Hyoyeon.” Eunhyuk waved.

“Oh..bye.” Hyoyeon was disappointed.

Eunhyuk walked out of the clinic. “Why did I lie…but I can’t tell her the truth.” Suddenly he felt pain. He grabbed his chest and ran to the restroom. His eyes squinted as the pain increased. He took a bottle of pills out of his pocket, quickly swallowed one and washed it down with water. “I can’t tell anyone about this.” He felt awful.

(FLASHBACK)

Last week, Eunhyuk went to visit a vampire doctor. “What’s wrong?” The doctor asked. “I’ve been feeling sick and awful.” Eunhyuk said. “Do you know what’s making you sick? What are you symptoms?” The doctor asked. “Well, there’s this girl, she’s a human. Whenever I’m close to her, I just feel bothered. There was an incident that happened last week. My fangs came out, my heart was beating rapidly, and I had no self-control. I was about to bite her. So, I tried ignoring her but the pain just keeps growing.” He explained. The doctor put his hand on Eunhyuk’s shoulder, “I’ve had patients like you before. They’ve suffered from this. And it’s always this one person that interests them. And for you, it’s the girl.” The doctor said. Eunhyuk looked at him confused, “What..how do I stop this?” “You have to drink her blood.” The doctor replied. “What?! No, I can’t do that! I’ve never drank anyone’s blood.” Eunhyuk exclaimed. “I’m sorry but this is the only way you’ll get better. If you don’t do anything, you’ll get even sicker!” The doctor stated. “I can’t do that to her! I don’t want to hurt her. I’ll scare her. I don’t want that. Please, is there any other way?” He asked. The doctor sighed, “I can give medication but the more you wait, the more pain you’ll feel and the less effective the pills will be.” The doctor warned him.

(END OF FLASHBACK)

Eunhyuk has been taking medication to control himself. “I can’t drink her blood.” He kept telling himself. He goes to his dorm to take a nap. On his way, he saw Kibum and a random girl making out in the corner. “Wow, so this guy is a playboy...” he scoffed. Kibum notices Eunhyuk. “Why did you stop?” The girl pouted. “I got to be somewhere. I’ll call you.” He kissed her.

He ran after Eunhyuk. “Hey, wait.” He shouted. Eunhyuk turns around. “What does he want?”

“How’s Hyoyeon?” He asked.

Eunhyuk glares at him, “She’s fine. Why?” He sharply asked.

“Well, we are classmates.” Kibum smirks.

Eunhyuk seemed jealous, “…so.”

 “Why? I can’t worry about her?” He asked as he tilts his head and left grinning.

Eunhyuk just glares at him as he walks off. “I don’t like this guy..”

 

Finally it’s exam week for Vera Hall students. They are required to take various exams on school subjects and seniors are also required to take the self-defense test.

And this is when the stress begins.

“It’s exam week. I’m doomed.” Hyoyeon said unenthusiastically.

“I know, I'm getting nervous too. I’ve been studying on my self-defense.” Sunny smiled.

“I haven’t…studied my self-defense...” Hyoyeon frowned.

“Yea, you’re seriously doomed.” Sunny patted her back.

“Ughhh…what am I going to do?” Hyoyeon sighs.

“What about asking a teacher for help?”

“The only teacher I’m close to is Ms. Choi but she finds me annoying.” Hyoyeon said.

“Just ask her! And I’m pretty sure she’ll help you out like last time.” Sunny smiled.

“But...fine, I’ll ask.” Hyoyeon smiled.

 

Hyoyeon asked Ms. Choi for help on her self-defense. And of course, Ms. Choi will answer, “No.”

“But..come on. I really need some tutoring.” Hyoyeon frowns.

“Did you not understand what I said? Here, I’ll spell it out for you. N! O! No!” Ms. Choi crossed her arms.

Hyoyeon got on her knees, “Please…please, please, please.” She begs.

“No, No, NO! I can’t tutor you, Hyoyeon.”

“Why not?! Do you hate so much?!! Is that it? I thought we were close!” Hyoyeon pretends to cry.

“Wow, you seriously at acting. I don’t hate you..you’re just annoying. And I can’t tutor you because I’ll be out of town this week.” Ms. Choi explained.

“Oh..I’m seriously doomed now.” Hyoyeon sighs.

“Why don’t you ask someone who knows self-defense? Like one of the top rank students.”

“I don’t know anyone who’s in the top rank..”

“Better look for someone.”

Hyoyeon nods her head, “Yea..I know.”

“I’ll see you next week. I’m sure you will do well, Hyoyeon. Don’t worry.” Ms. Choi smiled.

“Aw! You’re leaving already? Come back safe!” Hyoyeon hugged her.

 

Hyoyeon walked in hallway with her head down. She kept worrying about the exam. She bumped into someone. “Oh, I’m sorry.” She said as she picked up his books. She looked up and it was Eunhyuk. “Eunhyuk.” She smiled.

“Hey, Hyoyeon.” He replied.

She looked at the books, “Wow, seems like you’ve been studying a lot.”

They walked as they talked. “Yea. It’s been a while since I’ve studied. I hate it.” He rubbed his eyes.

Hyoyeon observed him, “You look really tired, Eunhyuk.”

“Huh..oh, it’s just stress from studying.” He smiled.

“Do you need help? I can tutor you.” She smiled.

“Really? You can tutor me?”

“Yea..but you need to help me find someone who’s top rank in self-defense.”

“Top rank..she doesn’t know I’m one of them.” He smirked, “Sure, already did.”

“What..already?! Who?” She smiled.

“Me.” He smirked.

 

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! I'll be updating in a few days. :)