Chapter 15

When The Sun Goes Down

 

The next morning, Hyoyeon goes straight to her class so she can avoid Eunhyuk. Kibum stares at Hyoyeon as she comes in. She ignores him.

“Hyoyeon..I’m sorry about yesterday. I wasn’t myself.” Kibum apologizes.

Hyoyeon just scoffs, “…yea right.”

The girl who was waiting for Kibum last time, comes in, “Kibum, Hey!”

“Oh..your weird girlfriend is here.” Hyoyeon said.

“She’s not my girlfriend.” Kibum looks at Hyoyeon serious.

“What?! What do you mean I’m not your girlfriend?” The girl exclaimed.

“You’re not. We’ve never even gone out.” Kibum replies.

The girl slaps Kibum, “You jerk!” She runs out crying.

Hyoyeon laughs, “Wow, this is funny.”

“Really…” Kibum keeps a straight face.

She stops laughing, “..uh..sorry. But that’s what you get from messing with girls. Why did you do that? I feel bad for her now.”

“I don’t care. I’m use to it.” He scoffed.

“Wow, he seriously plays around too much?” Hyoyeon glares at him.

Ms. Kim walks in. “Morning class, please take out your study guide and work on it.”

“Did you finish section 5?” Kibum asked Hyoyeon.

“…yea.”

“What about section 10 then?”

“Yup.”

“Could you explain it to me, then?” He smiled.

“Uhh..fine.” Hyoyeon pulled her chair closer to his desk.

“For this question, you’ll have to solve them to see which one is greater than the other.”

Kibum doesn’t pay attention and just stares at her quietly. “No one will get in my way..” He grins.

“Hello? Why aren’t you doing anything?”

“I did. The answer is c, the two quantities are equal.”

“Ohh..that fast? If you’re smart why do you act like this?” Hyoyeon phone vibrates, “Hey, will you be coming over today?” From Eunhyuk. Kibum looks over and snatches her phone. “What are you doing? Give it back.” She gets mad. “No. You shouldn’t be on your phone. Focus on me, got it?” He grins. Hyoyeon gets annoyed and gives up, “Fine. I’ll put it away.” He hands her phone back. He smirks, “Good girl.”

“Whatever, answer the next problem.”

 

Class finishes, Hyoyeon texts Eunhyuk back , “Yea.” She smiles brightly as she pressed send. Kibum watches her leave. “Soon, I’ll destroy that smile.” He grins.

 

Hyoyeon walks in the cafeteria and sits with Tiffany and the others. Sunny starts smiling cause of what happened yesterday. “So they kissed, eh?”  Hyoyeon looks at her, “What’s wrong with your face?” “What..I can’t smile like this?” Sunny smiles more and then glances at Eunhyuk then back to Hyoyeon. “Stop. Don't. You’ll make it more awkward.” She nudged Sunny.

“What are you guys talking about over there?” Tiffany asked.

“Well..Hyoyeon and Eun—“ Sunny tries to say something. Hyoyeon quickly covers Sunny’s mouth. “What..Eunhyuk, what do you mean? What happened?” Tiffany said. Eunhyuk chokes on his juice and coughs. “Are you okay, dude?” Key laughs. Hyoyeon angrily stares at Sunny. “What..i was about to say, You two are matching today. That’s all.” Sunny smiles. “Oh..they do. Aw! You guys look like a couple.” Tiffany smiles. Eunhyuk coughs more. “Are you sure you’re okay?” Key laughs at him. “I’m fine.” Eunhyuk responds.

“I’m going to leave now.” Eunhyuk said.

“Oh where you heading to?” Key asked.

“The doctor.”

“Bye.” Tiffany waves.

Hyoyeon stares at his back while leaving. “..pills..doctor..Is he really okay?”

“Hey guys, don’t you think Eunhyuk is weird lately?” Key said.

“Now..that you mentioned it, yea.” Tiffany agrees.

“What about you Hyoyeon?” Key looked at her.

“Huh..umm..i guess yea.”

“It seems like you’re hiding something and you don’t want to tell us.” Sunny said.

Hyoyeon shakes her head, “No. I’m not hiding anything.” She forces a smile. “I can’t tell you guys.”

Hyoyeon gets up, “Well, bye. I have some studying to do.” They all bid their goodbyes.

After she left, “I think she’s hiding something from us.” Sunny worried.

“Yea.” Key nods.

“Yea, I feel the same way too.” Tiffany agrees.

 

Hyoyeon heads to the library to study. She forgotten Ms. Choi wasn’t here, “Oh yeah, she’s out of town.”  she sighs.

She sits down and opens her book. But she can’t focus. She keeps staring at her phone, wanting to know if Eunhyuk is okay. “Should I text him?” she kept thinking.

So she decides to text him, “Are you at the doctor?”

He replies, “Yea. Is there something wrong?”

“Did the doctor say anything? Are you okay?” She texted back.

Eunhyuk pauses and stares at his phone, “…is she worried about me? I don’t want to her to be worried.”

Hyoyeon waits impatiently for his text. “Why isn’t he texting back? Is there really something wrong with him?”

She receives a text, “I’m fine, Hyoyeon. Stop worrying :).”

She sighs, “..i can’t ...”

 

After two hours, she receives another text from him. “Hey, you can come over, now. I just got back.”

Hyoyeon smiled and quickly ran out of the library.

 

She knocks on the door, “It’s me.”

Eunhyuk opens the door, finds Hyoyeon out of breath. “You ran here?”

“Huh...uh no...” She lied.

“Yea, right. You’re even sweating.” He laughed.

She quickly whipped her forehead, “..it was..raining!”

He scoffed, “Just admit it.”

“No! Let me in, geez.” She laughed.

“Oh, yeah sorry.” He smiled.

“So, tomorrow are exams, are you nervous?” she asked.

He sat on his bed, “Well..i guess. I mean everytime we have exams, I’m always freaking out.” He laughed.

“Okay, let’s get rid of that..by studying.” She smiled.

 

The two studied and studied until they were done with the chapters. “Wow, my head feels like it’s about to explode.” He touched his head and laughed.

“That’s impossible. Oh do you have any drinks?” She pointed at his mini fridge. 

“Yea.” He gets up and takes two cans of soda.

Eunhyuk drinks his soda. Hyoyeon glances at him. As she quietly watches him drink, she can’t stop staring at his lips.

Eunhyuk glances at her, “What’s she looking at?”

She looks up at his eyes and gets startled. She turns quickly and she drinks her soda awkwardly.

Eunhyuk looks at her confused, “What were you looking at? Was there something on my face?” he touched his face.

“Huh…uh no. It’s nothing.” She lies.

Eunhyuk then finally gets what she was staring at. “Was it..my lips?” he asked.

“What?! Noo!”  She exclaimed. While she was shouting, she accidentally spilled soda on herself.

“Uh..you spilled soda on yourself.” Eunhyuk points at her shirt.

“Omg..what the..” she gets shocked.

“Uh..you can borrow a shirt from me, since your shirt is sticky and wet.” He laughed.

“Stop laughing. And that’s fine.”

“Really, you sure?”

“…okay, fine. I’ll borrow it.”

Eunhyuk hands her the shirt and she goes in the bathroom to change. “..it smells like him.” She smiles.

She comes out, “Wow, this is too big for me.” She laughs.

Eunhyuk laughs at her, “You look weird..”

“What, really? Ugh, give me another shirt!” she gets mad.

“’No, I was just kidding. It looks good on you.” He smiles.

Hyoyeon starts to blush, “Thanks.” She smiles.

“I’ll see you tomorrow. And oh yeah, do good on your exams especially the self-defense exam.” He smiled.

She nods, “You too. And thanks, I’ll clean your shirt and give it back to you.”

“It’s fine. You can keep it.”

“Really, but I might not even wear it anymore.”

“Fine, I’ll take it back.”

“No! I’ll keep it.” She smiled.

Eunhyuk laughs, “Good night, then.”

“Night.” She waves.

 

Hyoyeon heads back to her dorm and enters.

Sunny looks at her, “Umm..what are you wearing?”

“What..it doesn’t look good on me? But Eunhyuk said it looks good.” She smiled.

“Eunhyuk? Wait! That’s his shirt isn't it?” Sunny exclaimed.

“..uhh yeah.”

Sunny gasped, “Omg! Don’t tell me you guys...”

“WHAT?! No, you idiot!” Hyoyeon shouts.

Sunny laughs, “..but that wasn’t I was going to say, you ert!”

“Yea right!” Hyoyeon glared at her.

“So why are you wearing his shirt?”

“I spilled soda all over my shirt, so he offered me his.” She holds up her wet shirt.

“Oh..makes sense now.” Sunny laughs.

“Whatever. Aren’t you going to get ready for bed?” Hyoyeon asked.

“In a bit. I still have some studying left.”

“Oh, okay. Then I’ll get ready then.” Hyoyeon goes in the bathroom.

She comes out and lies on her bed. Sunny looks at her, “Are you going to wear that shirt to sleep too?”

“Yea..what? I want to.” Hyoyeon smiles.

Sunny laughs, “Weirdo.”

 

                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! I'll update soon :))