Chapter 14

When The Sun Goes Down

 

Ms. Kim comes in, “Morning class! Today, we’re going to be working on our study guides. You only have four more days, counting today, to prepare for your exams. Please use your time wisely.”

The class started working on their study guides.

Kibum tries to get Hyoyeon’s attention, “Hey, Hyoyeon.” he waves his hands in front of her face.

“Huh..” Hyoyeon looks at him.

“Do you have a boyfriend?”

Hyoyeon looked at him dumbfounded, “No. I don’t.”

“Really..then what’s Eunhyuk to you?”

“Eunhyuk? He’s just…a friend.” She blushed.

“You like him, don’t you?!” Kibum starts to get mad.

“Wh—what?! No, I don’t.” Hyoyeon covers her face.

“Hyoyeon! Shh!” Ms. Kim said.

Kibum scoffs, “Love isn’t real. He’s just another monster like me.”

“Why are you asking me these questions? Did Eunhyuk say anything?” Hyoyeon got curious.

“No. Nothing. Leave me alone.” Kibum went back to working.

Hyoyeon looks at him confused, “What did I do?”

 

When class was over. Hyoyeon receives a text from Eunhyuk. “Remember, the room from yesterday :)” Hyoyeon smiled at her phone. Kibum looks over and sees Eunhyuk’s text, “What is this room he’s talking about?” Hyoyeon looks up, “Hey! What are you doing?”

“Why are you texting him, you said you didn’t like him.” Kibum exclaimed. “Why are you yelling at me? This isn’t your business anyway.” Hyoyeon yells back.

“What’s going on here? Why are you guys fighting?” Ms. Kim shouted.

Kibum glares at Hyoyeon and gets up and leaves.

“What the hell is wrong with him?” Hyoyeon gets annoyed.

 

Hyoyeon walks in the room where she supposes to meet Eunhyuk. “Hey..I’m here.”

“Hey..what’s wrong?” Eunhyuk went up to her.

“..i was arguing with someone.” She frowned.

“Who? Sunny? Tiffany?”

“No, no.”

“Is it Key?”

“No..never mind, just forget it.” She smiled.

“Are you sure you don’t want to talk about it?”

“Yea.” She sighed.

“Alright then. So you said you wanted to learn that move I showed you yesterday.”

“Yea.”

“Okay, let’s begin!”

“I’m ready.” Hyoyeon got on the mat.

“Uhh..first you have to take some notes.” He said.

“What..but why?”

“Cause it’s important. Notes first, demonstrations later.” He laughed.

“Fine, fine.” She sighed and took out a notebook and sat on the mat.

“Alright, there are pretty much five steps to self-defense. Step one, confidence. You need it when you’re in a dangerous situation. You’ll have the ability to succeed in winning and escaping. Are you writing this down?”

“Duh…continue please.” She holds up her notebook.

Eunhyuk smiles, “Step two, avoidance. Never visit places that you’re unfamiliar with or empty places. Step three, awareness. You should be aware with your surroundings and what you’re getting yourself in. And follow your instinct. Step four, confrontation. You need to be prepared or know what’ll happen next. You should sense when an attack is coming. Okay last step, escaping. If you’re in difficult situation, try to escape first. But if you’re too late, you’ll have to strike your attacker before they attack you first.” He explained.

“Okay..is that all?” Hyoyeon looks up.

“Yea, now for the fun part.” He smiles.

Hyoyeon gets excited, “Finally.”

“Alright..I’ll use a dummy to do this so you can observe what I’m doing.” He said.

“Okay.” She nodded.

Eunhyuk shows her the same technique he did yesterday on the dummy. “Okay, you got it?”

“Yea.”

“Okay, your turn. Pretend it’s attacking you.” Eunhyuk hands her the dummy.

Hyoyeon does the same move but failed. “Your hands are placed wrong. You have to put your right arm behind it’s back. Then slam it down.” Eunhyuk explained.

“Oh..okay, I’ll try again.”  So, Hyoyeon repeats it again and finally succeeds. “Was it right?” She asked. “Yea. Now try on me.” He stepped forward. Hyoyeon starts blushing and nods. As she turned anti-clockwise on her left foot, she carefully puts her arm around his back. “Go ahead, flip me.” He said. She closes her eyes and flips him but Eunhyuk grabs her arm. She falls on top of him which leads to an accidental kiss. Hyoyeon’s eyes widens and Eunhyuk’s face turns red. They quickly got up and faced the other way from each other. Hyoyeon covers , “Did..we just kiss…” Eunhyuk gets up, “Uhh..I’m going to g—get some water.” He leaves the room.

 Eunhyuk walks toward the vending machine. As he drinks from his bottle, he touches his lips, “Her lips..” He shakes his head and decides to cool off before he goes back to the room.

Hyoyeon is still shocked by the incident.”What do I do…this is so embarrassing..” She covers her face. Then she hears Eunhyuk’s phone going off. She ignores it but it keeps going off. “Ugh..shut up.” She picks it up. The person stops calling so she tries to put it down but notices something. “Wait, isn’t this me? When did he take this picture?” she stared at it. Eunhyuk comes back. Hyoyeon quickly puts his phone back and reads her notebook, pretending to be busy. He sits down and plays with his bottle. Hyoyeon glances at him, “Why does he have picture of me? Does…he like me?”

“Uhh..I’m..” Eunhyuk tries to say something but pauses.

After a minute of awkward silence, “I’m sorry about what happened.” Eunhyuk said.

Hyoyeon looks at him, “Huh…uhh it’s fine. It was just an accident.”

“But I shouldn’t have pulled your arm. I’m sorry.” He awkwardly smiles.

“…it was just an accident.” She shakes her head and smiles back.

The two got up. “Well, umm..i guess I’ll see you tomorrow.” Eunhyuk said.

“Yea…bye.” Hyoyeon nods.

Eunhyuk leaves first. Hyoyeon stays behind and practices her self-defense.

 

When Hyoyeon was finish, she decides to go back to her dorm. She throws herself onto her bed and sighs loudly. Sunny looks at her, “What’s wrong with you?” Hyoyeon quickly sits up, “Sunny..” She whined. “What?” She stopped studying and turned around. “…I accidentally…kissed…” She covers her face. “What..who did you kissed?!” Sunny ran to her. Hyoyeon tries to say his name, “..Eun…Eun..” “Come on, who?!” Sunny gets annoyed. “..Eun..hyuk..” Hyoyeon whines. “What, omg you guys kissed? I’m so happy!” Sunny hugs her. Hyoyeon pulls her away, “But it was an accident.” “What..but don't you like him?” Sunny teases. Hyoyeon starts blushing, “..i..don’t know!” “No that’s not an answer, Hyoyeon, yes or no?!” Sunny gets mad. “..well, I don’t hate him.” “Ugh, I’ll just take that as a yes since you’re too embarrassed to admit it.” Sunny smiles. Hyoyeon plays with her with her fingers “..you know what’s weird? I saw a picture of me and him on his phone.”  “No way! He likes you!” Sunny squealed. Hyoyeon turns really red and hides her smile, “Ugh, I’m going to sleep.” she said as she hide herself under the cover.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading. I'll update in a few days :3