Chapter 10

When The Sun Goes Down

 

 

The four sat down on the picnic blanket and ate the sandwiches. “Wow, who made these? They’re good.” Sungmin said. “Hyoyeon did.” Eunhyuk said. “I had to teac—“

“Hyoyeon covers Eunhyuk’s mouth. “Shh..you’re not suppose to tell anyone, remember?”

“Oh yeah.” He moves her hand and laughs.

“What?” Sungmin asked.

“Oh nothing.” Hyoyeon smiles.

“I just noticed something…” Sunny said.

“What, Sunny.” Hyoyeon asked.

“This is like a double date!” She smiled.

“What, double dat—NO! I am not on a date with him!” Hyoyeon exclaimed as she points at Eunhyuk.

“Hmm…double date, I don’t mind.” He .

“What, we’re not on a date!” Hyoyeon shouted.

“Sure..” he grinned.

“Aww…they’re so cute!” Sunny said.

“Yea, they are. But we're cuter!” Sungmin laughed.

Sunny laughs and pinches Sungmin's cheeks.

Hyoyeon puts slow music on. “You two need to dance.” She demanded.

“…I feel a little embarrassed.” Sunny blushed.

“Come Sunny.” Sungmin lend his hand. The two started dancing. They stared at each other, “I’m glad I’ve met you.” Sungmin said. “Me too.” Sunny smiled.

“I’m happy for her.” Hyoyeon smiled as she watched them dance. Eunhyuk stared at Hyoyeon and noticed how beautiful her smile was. Hyoyeon looked at him, “What?” He quickly turned, “Uhh..nothing.”

Hyoyeon started getting sleepy and kept yawning. Her eyes slowly closed. Eunhyuk looks at her, “Hyoyeon?” She slowly falls on his shoulder. “She must be very tired.” He stares at her while smiling. He takes his phone out and takes a picture. “I’ll just keep this.” He smiled.

The sun sets. “We should go before we get in trouble.” Sungmin said. “Yea, Hyoyeon let’s go.” Sunny said. “Shh..she’s sleeping.” Eunhyuk said. “Oh, I guess you’ll have to carry her back then.” Sunny smiled. “I hope she’s not heavy.” He smiled. He picked her up and they went back to the school. They quietly walked to Hyoyeon and Sunny’s dorm. “Who’s boombox and CDs?” Sunny asked. “Oh, it’s Tiffany’s. I’ll give them to her.” Eunhyuk said.

They reached Sunny’s and Hyoyeon’s room. Sungmin and Sunny started hugging and flirting. “Umm..aren’t you going to open the door?” Eunhyuk asked while waiting. “Oh, sorry.” Sunny opens the door. He goes in and lays Hyoyeon on her bed. But then Hyoyeon quickly grabs his neck and pulls him closer. “Uhh..Hyoyeon, my neck.” He struggled. She lets go of his neck slowly. But he doesn’t pull away from her. “What…she’s still sleeping?” he thought as he closely observed her face. Then he laid his eyes on her neck. Suddenly, he feels uneasy and his fangs comes out. He gets closer and closer to her neck but stopped when he heard the door opened. “What are you doing?” Sunny asked. He covered his fangs and muttered, “Nothing.” He quickly walks out the room. “Wait..Eunhyuk, aren’t you suppose to take this to Tiffany?” Sungmin blurted.

“What’s wrong with him?” Sunny asked.

“I don’t know.” Sungmin shrugged his shoulder.

Eunhyuk ran to the other side to his dorm. “What’s wrong with me? I was about to bite her…this feeling, what is this feeling?” He held his chest while breathing heavily.

 

It’s Tuesday morning,  Hyoyeon wakes up and gets ready for class. “Hey, did you sleep well last night?” Sunny smiled. “Uh..yea I did.” Hyoyeon smiled. “You know someone carried you here.” Sunny grinned. “Really, who? Sungmin?” Hyoyeon asked. “No idiot, your date.” Sunny teased. “My what?! I was not on a date with Eunhyuk. You asked us to stay and that’s all!” Hyoyeon exclaimed. “Aww you’re blushing!” Sunny hugged her. “No, I’m not!” Hyoyeon pushed her away.

“Thank you for the date. Seriously, you’re an amazing friend.” Sunny smiled.

“No problem, Sunny. I’m glad you enjoyed it!” Hyoyeon hugged her.

 

They walked to their class. Hyoyeon saw Eunhyuk on the way. “Eunhyuk, hey!” She waved. He glanced at her and walked off, “It’s best to avoid her.” Eunhyuk is scared that he’ll lose control and attack her because of what happened last night.

Hyoyeon looked confused, “Did he not see me?” she wondered. “Weird…” Sunny said. “What?” Hyoyeon asked. “It seems like he’s ignoring us or maybe…you. Well, I’m leaving, bye!” Sunny waved. “Oh..bye.” Hyoyeon said and went to her class.

She sat down and kept thinking about Eunhyuk. “Is he really ignoring me? Did I do something wrong?”

Kibum came in and saw Hyoyeon spacing out. He rips a paper out his notebook and starts throwing small paper balls at her. Ms. Kim comes in and hangs worksheet to students.

“Stop, You jerk!” She blurted.

“Hyoyeon, was that you?” Ms. Kim asked.

“Huh..oh, I’m sorry.” She quickly apologized. She gave Kibum a scary look and ignored him.

Kibum starts laughing, “You’re mad?”

She looks at him again, annoyed by his childish act. “Stop bothering me.” She glared at him.

“I can’t.” He grinned.

“Okay, I’ll assign partners for this worksheet. After she assigned the class partners, she accidently forgot to give Hyoyeon a partner. “Ms. Kim, I don’t have a partner.” She raised her hand. “Me too.” Kibum said. “Oh I’m sorry I forgot, and then you two are partners.”

“WHAT?!” Hyoyeon shouted. The teacher looked at Hyoyeon dumbfounded, “I’ve never seen you act like this before, Hyoyeon.” She raised her eyebrow. “I’m sorry. But can I work with someone else?” Hyoyeon asked. “I’m sorry, Hyoyeon. I already gave everyone their partners. So please be nice to Kibum. Okay?” Ms. Kim said. “Okay…” Hyoyeon frowned.

Kibum smiled, “Well, we’re partners.”

“Whatever, this will be the last time we’re partners.” She stated.

“You must really hate me?” He grinned.

She ignored him. “Can we work on this?” She pointed at the paper.

 

He stares at her quietly and doesn’t speak at all.

“Work on problem 2 and explain it to me.” She looked up. She notices him staring and starts feeling uncomfortable. “Why’s he staring at me like that?” “Umm…can you work on problem 2?” She asked nervously. He smirks and leans toward her, inhaling her scent. “Your smell is very strong.” Her eyes widen and she turns away. “I’m going to the restroom.” She hurried.

He grins, “Weak little prey.”

Five minutes later, she comes back. “Ignore him Hyoyeon, he’s just messing with you.” She glared at him.

“I finished the worksheet.” He said.

“What?! Already?!” She blurted.

“Hyoyeon, shh..keep working.” Ms. Kim said.

“We’re finished.” Kibum said.

“What, already? Wow, you guys work well together.” Ms. Kim said.

“No, we don’t.” Hyoyeon muttered.

“Yea we do.” Kibum grinned and placed his arm around her.

She took his arm off, “Now, that you’re finished, explain them to me.”

“Alright.” He smiled.

Kibum finished explaining the problems. “Okay, I get it. Thanks. You're really smart.” She said.

He looked at her and smiled.

“What?” she looked at him confused.

“You’re acting nice all of sudden.” He teased.

“Really? Well, I’ll make sure I won’t do that again.” She scoffed.

The bell rang, it was lunch time. Hyoyeon got a text. “Hyo~ Let’s have lunch together with the crew!” from Tiffany.

Hyoyeon gets her lunch and finds Tiffany, Key, Sungmin and Sunny sitting at the corner. Then she spots Eunhyuk sitting with them. “Eunhyuk..”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading, everyone! I'll update Chapter 11 soon. :)