Chapter 1

When The Sun Goes Down

It was 7:20 pm. Hyoyeon was with the other humans quietly studying in the library that only allows humans to enter. She wanted to go to the bathroom. But weak humans like her aren’t allowed to leave the library after the sun goes down. She asked Ms. Choi, who she claims she’s very close to, if she could go with her so she can be safe. But Ms. Choi kept telling her no.

"You can't keep asking me every time, Hyoyeon." she said furiously.

Hyoyeon got on her knee begging. "But...I really need to go this time”.  

"Fine, this will be the last time I’m taking you and you better not ask me again.”

“Got it!” Hyoyeon said while smiling.

If Hyoyeon went by herself, she would’ve have been attacked by the vampires. She’s too weak compared to the other humans. The other humans practice their self-defensive skills but all Hyoyeon does, is study.

As they left the library, Hyoyeon stayed close to Ms. Choi. There were vampires in the hall staring at her automatically. Hyoyeon is actually friends with some,the ones who are nice to her. Her close friends are Tiffany, Key and her roommate, Sunny. Tiffany and Key are both vampires even though Hyoyeon are scared of vampires but she feels comfortable with them. She got to know them by Ms. Choi.

Key spotted Hyoyeon and yelled “Hyoyeon!”

“Hyoyeon…where?” Tiffany said as she turned her head.

Hyoyeon and Ms.Choi walked directly to key and Tiffany.

“Hyoyeon, how’s life?” Tiffany asked while giving her a hug.

“Good and you guys?”  Hyoyeon asked.

Both Key and Tiffany blurted out, “great.”

“Why are you out again, you know it’s too dangerous” Tiffany said while laughing.

“She’s acting like a whip again” Ms. Choi mumbled.

“What?” Hyoyeon asked.

Ms. Choi shakes her head, “oh nothing”.

“I had to go to the restroom” Hyoyeon said.

“Wait, why aren’t you going then?!” Ms. Choi asked.

“…..oh yeah oops, bye you guys” Hyoyeon remembered.

Both Tiffany and Key waved bye.

Ms. Choi and Hyoyeon rushed to the girl’s restroom.

“What the hell, you forgot you had to use the restroom?” Ms. Choi said furiously.

“I’m sorry, you know I quickly forget things.” Hyoyeon said while laughing.

“Hahaha, hurry up!” Ms. Choi said, mocking her.

Hyoyeon came out of the stall and found Ms. Choi gone.

Uh, where’s Ms. Choi?” she wondered.

Hyoyeon looked in the other stalls but couldn’t find Ms. Choi. “I can’t stay here, I’ll get attacked.” she said quietly. She kept walking back and forth in the restroom to come up with a plan to escape. But she couldn’t think of anything. The only way out is through the doors.

“Uhhh..” she sighed. “What am I going to do? I don’t know any self-defense.” she companied.

She doesn’t have time. If she doesn’t leave, someone will come. So, she finally gave up and ran directly to the library. However, there was a guy standing in front of the library. She stopped and stood 10 inches away from him. He just stared at her.

“What is he, a human or a vampire?” she questioned herself.

Hyoyeon assumed he was a human so she walked passed him, but he grab her hand.

“What?!...I have a black belt, don’t mess with me.” she yelled as she pulled away from him. She had a terrified look on her face. He couldn’t help but laugh. Hyoyeon was confused so she awkwardly laughed with him. He stopped laughing and had a serious look. She nervously asked, “Uhh…what do you want?” and he didn’t reply at all. Instead he leaned forward, bringing his face close to hers, and whispered “You smell nice.”

Hyoyeon’s eyes widen when she heard his comment. “I-I..sm-smell..nice?!” she nervously stutters. “A vampire?!” She slowly tries to escape…”Wait!” he yelled.

“I didn’t mean to scare you like that. I was just playing around.” he explained.

“Oh...you jerk, that wasn’t even funny.” she shouted.

He started laughing, and said “sorry”.

“But why did you grab my hand?” she asked.

“Oh, is Sungmin in the library?” he asked.

“Sungmin?...ah, yea he is, you didn’t see him when you---

“Wait…you’re not a human?” she asked.

“No.” he said.

She froze as she stared at him with her eyes widen.

“Can you--

She quickly opens the door and runs in the library before he finished his sentence.

“What the…wow, she seems fun.” he said with a smirk.

"But..why do i feel weird." he wondered.

 

“Oh you’re back…alive?” Ms. Choi asked.

“WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?!” Hyoyeon yelled.

“Shhhh..why are you mad, I just wanted to teach you a lesson.” Ms. Choi explained.

“I was almost attacked?!” Hyoyeon glares at her and goes back to studying.

 

Ever since that incident, Hyoyeon had with that vampire, she became more caution. She started asking other humans for help on self-defense. She knew it’s time she stops relying on others and toughen up. 

“Ohh..you now realize your responsibility, Hyoyeon?” Ms. Choi teased.

“Yea whatever, I don’t trust you anymore; now I have to waste my studying time on strengthen my self-defense.” Hyoyeon pouted. 

“Good, now I don’t have to hear your nagging anymore.” Ms. Choi exclaimed.

The next day, Hyoyeon feels ready and decided to challenge herself. So, she asked Ms. Choi to help out.

“Alright, let’s see what you’ve learned. Go out first and stay calm. I’ll be behind you.” Ms. Choi explained.

“Okay, I’m ready.” Hyoyeon said nervously.

Hyoyeon took a deep breath and exhaled as she opens the door. She walks out and starts to freak out and goes back in the library.

“I can’t do it!” Hyoyeon yelled.

“What?!...that was just one second and you already quit? Just go!” Ms. Choi said while pointing at the door.

“Okay..Okay I’ll try again.” Hyoyeon said while nervously opening the door.

So, Hyoyeon stepped out and looked back at Ms. Choi. “Go, I’ll behind you.” Ms. Choi said.

She continued walking in the hallway filled with vampires. They all stared at her as she tried to not make eye contact with any of them. She walked passed them and spotted her Tiffany.

“Tiffany.” Hyoyeon said with a big smile.

“Uhh..crap my stomach, Hyoyeon I need to go to the restroom” Ms. Choi said while groaning. Hyoyeon didn’t hear her. Ms. Choi couldn’t wait and ran to the girl’s restroom.

As she headed toward Tiffany, she saw someone next to Tiffany. It was that same guy she saw at the front of the library. She stopped walking and paused briefly.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed it. I'll upload Chapter 2 soon.