Amber, The Girl with Too Many Exes

The Truth Behind Amber Josephine Liu

Amber lets out a soft sigh the moment the bedroom door closes. She slowly took a glance at Minho, who still busy staring at her.

"Minho oppa, you do know that Kris and I did not break up." she stated.

"Yeah, I know." he replied.

"And you do know that I really don't want to be with any rebound guy if I ever break up with him." Though she sounded harsh, she really wants Minho to be clear of where their relationship stands. She really treasured him as a friend and really did not want to break his heart once more by giving him false hope. It may seem that Amber is over confident to acknowledge that Minho still has feelings for her, but actually it is not. Why? Because Minho has made it clear to her that he is still pursuing her. She knows about it, he knows about it, heck, even the whole SM Entertainment knows about it. Talk about company gossip.

"Yes, I know that too." he said. "Though it will be such a waste if I don't make a move on you when it happens. I'm confident that I can treat you better even with my status as the rebound guy."

"Please don't start. Don't you think our relationship is awkward enough without you boasting about your undying love for me?"

"Look who's talking." Minho glared. "Come on, Am. Don't you think that you have some feelings towards me? If not, why would you still hanging to that stuffed llama I gave you?" he said while pointing at the stuffed llama in the corner of her bed. The one that she took a picture with and posted on her me2day account months ago.

"It's not because I have feelings for you like that, but because I like that stuffed llama, okay? And if you say it like that, don't you think I still have feelings for all my ex-boyfriends? I mean considering that I still have some items from them."

Minho immediately shuts up. She is right. Her room is basically a museum of her romance life. Other than the stuff llama from Minho, there is the scrap book for her drawings made by L, and also her custom made guitar, a birthday present from Henry. Other than that there are some dino dolls from - yup, you guessed it - Jonghyun, a custom made t-shirt that says 'Fashion Rules' courtesy of Key, numerous hats of all design and colors from Donghae, and of course not forgetting the tattoo on her wrist which she got with Daniel. And truly it does not stop there. Minho is convince that there are a lot more stuff that she did not buy herself, most of them would probably be from her girl friends (which he also needs to be careful, especially considering her status as 'the only girl that can make any straight girls go gay") or from her ex-boyfriends back home in LA, with emphasized on the 's'.

"You really cherish every gift you have ever got, don't you?" Minho said as he took the llama doll and played with it.

"Of course. Even though maybe my relationship with that person ended badly, it does not mean that person is all bad. These gifts remind me of the good things in people." Amber answered as she took back the llama doll and put it back in its original place.

"Now you just sounded like a priest." Minho commented.

"So? Being religious is a good thing." Amber said. "I always wonder why you are never so religious, especially considering the time you spent with Siwon oppa. Look at me, I practically have a Bible collection because of him. But you've never mentioned about anything religious. Not even once."

"Being religious doesn't mean you have to show it." Minho said.

"True." Amber nodded.

"Well, enough with all the guys stuff. I'm here as a friend, not as a guy who is head over heels in love with you." Minho said. "Now, do you want to tell me what's wrong?"

"Why do you have to put the 'head over heels in love with you' part? We are starting to pass that awkward moment and you had just managed to bring that up again." Amber pouted.

"Just forget about it then for a moment." he said while messing up her hair. "Now, tell me, what's wrong?"

Amber started with a sigh. "It's complicated."

"Complicated? That bad?" Minho asked, to which Amber just nodded.

Complicated, in Amber's term is among top level problems. Why is that? Because she did not even consider the love triangle, no correction, love rectangle that happened between him, Krystal, herself, and Kris as complicated. The highest level is 'DOOMED' and Minho only ever heard it once, when the fridge in f(x) dorm was broken. Yeah, I know what you are thinking, it is weird, but hey, that's Amber.

"Are you going to tell me why is it complicated?" Minho asked.

Amber stayed quiet and just shook her head.

"Hmmm... If I ask you something will you at least give me some response?" Minho asked again. This time Amber nodded.

"Does it ended badly?" Amber nodded.

"Do you still love him?" Amber nodded once more.

"Does this involve other people?" Amber hesitated but nodded once more.

"Does this involve a guy?" Amber nodded again.

"Does this guy someone I know?" Amber nodded.

"Does this guy has some kind of relationship with you in the past, regardless romantic or not?" Amber nodded. This time around Minho really tried to figure what really is the problem.

"How about a girl?" Amber nodded again.

"Is this concern jealousy or trust issue?" Amber nodded once more.

"Are you sure you still love him?" Amber nodded vicariously.

"I know that you love me, don't you?" Amber was about to nod, but after realizing the question, she stopped.

"Yah! What's with the last question?" she glared at him while punching his upper arm. 

"Oh man! I thought you will fall for it." he said while rubbing the spot she just hit.

"Yah! I thought you are here to help, not to tease me." Amber said while crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"How can I help if the only thing you do is nod?" Minho defended himself. "So, are you going to talk now?"

Amber did not answer, but sighed instead.

"Okay, let's start again." Minho said. "Is this problem bigger than what we have before?"

"In someway, yes." Amber finally said. "It's weird, oppa. I've never encountered anything like it. Our problem was severe enough because it is damaging our friendship with each other, not just the two of us, but also with Krystal. But if this problem I'm having right now got even worse, I can say that more than five people with get involved."

"Well, we can start solving it from the root. Can you tell me how it start?" Minho asked in a soft voice. Concern was visible when he said that rather than being interogative.

"I can't." Amber shook her head. "The root of it starts with me, but it is something so private that I've never told anyone. And I need to solve with myself. But the worst part about it, I don't even know where to begin. It's like a giant mess. And now that I think of it, I don't even know how we got ourselves into this mess."

"So you're not going to tell me anything more?"

"Not until I can figure out what it is, no." she answered.

Minho sighed. Ever since that accident happened between them, Amber has been holding back from him. Before, she always told him everything, regardless whether or not she is single or in a relationship with someone else. But now, other than the simple greetings and small talks, she hardly says anything to him.

"Fine. I won't push it further. But I want you to know that whatever happens, I'll stand by your side." he said to which Amber shyly nodded.

"Good." he said with a smile. "Now, if you excuse me, I have to report back to Miss Krystal Jung. She expects full coverage on this meeting." Minho said while standing up.

"See you in the gym tomorrow, okay?" he said, not expecting any replies from her. "I'm going now."

Minho suddenly leaned closer towards her face, but before he can do anything. Amber immdiately puts up an X mark in front of her with both her hands.

"I'm still someone else's girlfriend, oppa." she reminded.

"Aissh... I thought I will be able to still a kiss from you this time." he said while retreating back. Amber kept glaring at him until he was out of reach.

Not wanting to make the atmosfer even more awkward, Minho immediately walked away from her and to the door. "Bye." he said when he was about to close the door behind him.

"Oppa." Amber suddenly called, which makes Minho's head turned and faced her.

"She still loves you, you know. Krystal, I mean." she quietly said.

"She already has Taemin and Kai trailing behing her every move. I think she got enough." Minho replied.

"You don't know whether she loves either of them."

"Well, you also don't know whether she still has feelings for me." Minho said.

"I know. She still loves you, oppa."

"Why are you so sure?" he asked.

"Because we're KryBer." she said cheerfully.

Minho was about to say that they also have MinBer, but decided not to push her buttons further. "Arraso. I'll be going now. Don't miss me too much, okay?" he said before closing the door behind him, avoiding the pillow she threw at him.

As soon as Minho left the room, all that is left is silence. There is a reason for her to not tell Minho about her problem. One, is because it is a private matter between her and Kris. And two, because Minho and some others are actually involved in it. Amber growled while messing up her hair, the stressed of this problem is eating her alive and she is going crazy by the second.

She sighed once more for the umpteenth time that day before getting up to pick up the pillow she just threw at him. She quickly placed it back to her bed, but instead of burying herself in her bed once more, she decided to just sit down behind her desk, observing her room.

Suddenly she got up and picked up her guitar in the corner of her room. She looked at it carefully, admiring its beauty. Whoever though Henry was such a romance addict? She remembers how surprised she was when he gave it to her. He said it was custom made. He spent months on picking the right wood, size, type of string, everything was taking care of into much details. Amber Liu 劉逸雲 was engraved on the guitar with white ink, making it in contrast against the dark wood color.

As she admires it more, she stopped at the hole and peeked inside. There was a writing there. It says 'Happy Birthday Amber! Love, Henry'. Amber cannot help but to smile at that. Though it is short, but Amber understands. Henry is not the kind of guy that can easily say his feelings in front of her, different from Minho or L.

Amber walked to her seat and slowly strummed her guitar. But it was not long until she was distracted by the starring stuffed llama in front of her. Once more she sighed before placing the guitar back on its stand.  As she was about to go back to bed, she noticed her desk was a mess. So she slowly went to her desk, attempting to clean it up.

But before she can do that, Myungsoo's scrapbook catches her eyes. Quickly she flipped over the page and found her numerous drawings, either while or after dating him. It was not about him actually, even though it was given by him. It is just full of random stuff about her life and everyone else in it.

Reluctantly she closes the scrapbook and looked around her room once more, taking note at the guitar Henry gave her, the scrapbook, the stuffed llama, the dino dolls, the accessories lying around, the Bible from Siwon, the 'I heart LA' t-shirt from her friend back home, her caps collection, the 'Fashion Rules' t-shirt from Key, her photo albums and photo frames filled with memories of her friends here and back home (which also includes some of her exes), and also everything else in her room.

Slowly she got up, and sighed.

"Perhaps Kris is right." she said to herself. "I think I have major clean up to do."

 

--------------------------------------------------------

Okay, quick Author's Note. I know you are probably thinking that there is no way will a person still have his/her ex's stuffs. Well, trust me, some people still are. Though perhaps, I make a bit of exaggeration while writing this, but there is cases like that. Take me for example, I still have the stuffed animals my ex gave me even though I'm dating another guy. And I also have a guy friend, who is a player, and apparently, he still keeps all the pictures of his exes. Some are in his house, and few (I think one or two pictures) are inside his wallet, even though he dated other girls.

So yeah, I think I explain it well enough. Don't forget to comment or subscribe. Happy Reading!!! ^__^