Amber, The Player

The Truth Behind Amber Josephine Liu

Amber stirred in her bed once more as she took a glance at her phone. Still nothing. She has been having a relationship problem with a certain someone in her life. It was a massive fight that they had ever been in and unfortunately it ended up with both of them walking away from each other. It was in someway mutual, but Amber cannot help to be in blame.

Amber just sighed as she finally put her phone on the bedside table and tried to sleep. She has nothing to do to ease her mind of that problem. Everyone is busy with their own things and since f(x) had just finished promoting for Electric Shock, she is dead bored. Victoria got another drama offer from Taiwan, Sulli is busy shooting her drama 'To The Beautiful You' with Minho, Krystal is still busy with her sitcom 'High Kick 3', and Luna is busy with university life. The company actually offered her to be in a variety show, but after what happened to Invincible Youth 2, she decided to just stick to music from that point on.

Amber had just about to close her eyes when suddenly, her door room flung open, revealing the ever so charming maknae of f(x), Miss Krystal Jung or preferably known as Jung Soojung.

"Amber!" Krystal shouted.

Amber just groaned as Krystal yanked her blanket off of her.

"What's up this time, Krys?" she asked.

"I think I'm suppose to be one saying that." Krystal replied.

Amber growled and tried to cover herself with the blanket once more. She is not in the mood for whatever pep talk that maknae has in store for her.

"Come on, Am! You're Amber Josephine Liu for Pete's sake! How can you just lie around in bed just because of one guy?" Krystal shouted while trying to yank her out from her bed.

But Amber stayed in place, burying her face on her pillow, not wanting to see Krystal whatsoever.

"Let me just drown in my own sorrow. At least that way some good song will somehow come out from it." Amber mumbled.

"Amber Josephine Liu!" Krystal shouted. "f you don't get out now, I will publish your secret to the whole media. Let see what kind of commotion it will be like." Krystal threatened.

"You wouldn't dare." Amber said as her eyes went wide.

"Try me. I am the almighty Krystal Jung after all." Krystal said with a smirk before she let out an evil laugh that she has personally learned from the master of evil maknae, Master Cho Kyuhyun himself.

And with that, Amber cannot do anything but to groan once more.

"Why are you maknaes so evil?" Amber asked while trying to cover her face with the blanket. 

"SM won't be SM without us, dear. And you have to thank Kyuhyun oppa and Changmin oppa for that. Besides, not all maknaes are evil okay? Sehun, Taemin oppa, and Seohyun unnie  aren't." Krystal said.

Amber huffed. "Yeah, like I will believe that. Sehun just hasn't been corrupted by the masters yet. But after SMTown, just wait, it won't be long. Taemin and Seohyun unnie are just such good actors, okay? They played the innocent card way to well for the world not to see what they have done to their unnies and hyungs backstage. And let me tell you, those two are even more dangerous because they will attack when we least expected."

"You made it sound like we are some kind of animal ready to eat you." Krystal said while sitting down on her bed.

"Well, you guys made it look like you are animals sometimes."

Krystal just sighed and looked at Amber who is still lying on bed with blanket over her head.

"Come on Amber, you've been in this room for long enough. Why don't we go out and grab some milk tea and talk?" she asked.

"It's no use, Kyrstal. This is my problem with him and it is all my fault. I just have to think of a way to fix all of this." Amber said.

Krystal suddenly grabbed her shoulders and shook her. "Amber! Do you even know what you're saying right now? For Heaven's sake you're AMBER JOSEPHINE LIU!!"

"So?" Amber said while sitting up, trying to brush off Krystal's hands from her shoulder. "I'm just Amber, okay? A normal tomboy girl."

"Where have you been all your life woman? You are not 'just' Amber, okay?" Krystal said while making quotation marks on the word just.  "You are Amber Josephine Liu. The Amber Liu, the main rapper of f(x). The only girl that can make any straight girl becomes gay and the only girl that has male idols as her bodyguards."

"I do not!" Amber shouted.

"Oh yeah? May I remind you of what Minho oppa did in Shanghai airport when you, Key oppa, Sulli, and him doing that ad campaign together?" Krystal said with arms crossed in front of her chest.

"Oh come on, that doesn't just happen to me." Amber defended.

"Well, it certainly hasn't happened to me." Krystal scoffed. "Listen. You're Amber, the only girl that managed to put more than ten male idols on their knees. I'm just surprise the media haven't got to this one. But still, like I said, you are notorious player Amber Liu. Why the hell are you mourning around in your room because of damn guy?!"

"I'm not a player, okay? And I don't have more than ten male idols on their knees. You're just making that up. Besides, can't a girl be sad for being heartbroken?" Amber replied while hugging her pillow.

"Oh come on, Amber. Even I know your romance life better than that. You, Amber Liu, are the biggest heartbreaker in our generation, even bigger than YoonA unnie. You makes both guys and girls cry, okay? Don't you realize this?"

"I did not!" Amber defended herself once more.

"How can you be so dense woman? You, Amber, have managed to send Henry Lau flying to Thailand. Henry! The true maknae of SuJu. The cool violinist from Canada. The child music prodigy. You! You managed to chase him away to Thailand and he didn't even have the guts to face you on SMTown." Krystal said with her exaggerated hand gestures

"I didn't chase him away, okay? We had a mutual break up and at the same time he got an offer to film a movie with Michelle Yeoh. What kind of ed up idiot would he be if he turns down an offer to film a movie with Michelle Yeoh? She's Michelle Yeoh for Heaven's sake!"

"How about Key? You manage to tame him, don't you? The Almighty Diva of SHINee, Kim KEY Bum. You manage to tame him. Even Nicole still comes to you whenever Key 'relapses' again."

"Hey! That has nothing to do with being in a relationship or dealing with heartbreak." Amber said defending herself.

"Okay then. Donghae and Jonghyun. You manage to make the two Casanovas from SuJu and SHINee, to do whatever you want them to do. And you're not even their girlfriend! Do you know how many girls are willing to die for that? Even Shin Se Kyung cannot do that when she was dating Jonghyun oppa. And even up till now, if my sister has to go up against you to ask something from Donghae oppa, she will back down without a word because she knows perfectly well that you will win hands down."

"Again, nothing to do with being in a relationship. Donghae oppa and Jonghyun oppa are like my brothers. We are SMTown's Dino Siblings, okay?"

"How about L then?"

Amber suddenly went gloomy and sighed. "You know that it was a pretty tough time. I was badly affected by it."

"Yeah, but he got it even worse." Krystal said.

"I beg the differ. Look at him now, he is with Suzy." Amber answered.

"And how do you get that idea?" Krystal asked once more.

"Invincible Youth 2." Amber said.

"Are you really that dense? L is just trying to get close to Suzy because he wants to get back to you! You guys are so close because of that show that he thought he might have a chance by buttering up Suzy so that she can convince you to take him back." Krystal explained.

"And how do you get that idea?" Amber asked, mimicking Krystal.

"I know my resources." Krystal said. She is not that proud of it, but when it comes to gossip around idols, she has a lot more information than the paparazzi.

"Okay, how about Daniel?" Krystal said changing the topic.

"What about him?" Amber asked.

"Amber, come on. That guy went to a tattoo shop with you. He even tattooed 'One Love' in Arabic on his back."

"That doesn't mean it's for me."

"You are really dense, aren't you? Amber, listen to me. That tattoo is for you, okay? The whole Dalmatian know about it, even I know about it. Heck, even L knows about it when you are dating him."

"So what's your point?"

"You are Amber. Guys are lining up for you, okay? Daniel, Eru, Key--"

"Not included." Amber interrupted.

But Krystal did not seem to care and continued on. "Henry, L aka Myungsoo, Donghae, Jonghyun--"

"Again, those two are my brothers!" Amber shouted, trying to stop Krystal.

"Siwon, Yunho--"

"Why don't you just put the whole SM male idols in the list." Amber said sarcastically.

"Sungjong."

"He's closer to Luna." Amber retorted.

"Oh and you even managed to capture that Taiwanese guy, Danson Tang! You're popularity is international okay?" Krystal finishes off.

"I haven't been in contact with him in ages."

"And you also make girls go crazy. We even had a scandal together! And then also you with one of the SNSD unnies, and with Suzy too. Don't you see what I'm trying to say here?"

Amber just looked at her dumbfounded.

"Amber Josephine Liu, you are a goddess that managed to bring a lot of men to their knees. You even managed to make SHINee's main rapper, Mr. Flaming Charisma, the Noona Killer himself bow down upon you! I can't even make him do that! He even dumped me! ME! Krystal Jung! The mighty Krystal Jung who already had guys lining up even before I was an idol!"

"Well, thank you for the compliment, Soojung." a deep voice suddenly said.

Krystal and Amber immediately looked up, only to see Minho standing in the door way.

"Speak of the devil." Amber mumbled.

"Though, I thought we agreed to say that we have a mutual break up." Minho said.

"Oh come on, we both know that you dumped me and we all know why." Krystal said while taking a glance at Amber. 

"What are you doing here anyway?" Krystal asked as Minho walked inside the room and take a seat in the chair in front of her desk.

"Words already got out and spread around SM artists like wildfire. And since she is not coming to the gym like she usually does, I'm beginning to worry." Minho explained.

"Whatever." Krystal brushed him off. "The main point is.." Krystal said while facing Amber once more. "If you managed to get this guy--" she pointed at Minho. "--begging for you, why are you moping around in this room for more than a week just because of some quarrel with a rookie?! Yes, he is the leader of EXO-M, Kris, but he had just debuted for Heaven's sake. He has nothing to you. If you two break up, it is him who is supposed to be sorry. And what's more is the fact that he was away from you most of the time."

"You don't have to put it that harshly." Minho said. "It's sound like you are insulting me and Kris, rather than insulting him and complementing me."

"Well, thanks for noticing." Krystal said.

Minho ran his fingers over his head. "I'm probably the biggest idiot on the planet right now."

"And why is that?" Krystal asked.

"Oh come on, you already knew. You've been cold and harsh towards me ever since that accident happened between us." Minho said to which Krystal and Amber just stayed quiet and took a glance at each other. "And yet here I am, in a room with my ex who I actually left to pursue the girl who rejected me for a rookie artists. And I'm actually here to help."

"Well that's what you get for dumping me." Krystal said before sticking her tongue out at him.

"Since you're already here and Amber still hasn't speak up about what's happening, I expect you to deal with this. It is why you are here after all, right? To help her?" Krystal said eyeing him, however Minho did not budge and just stare back at her. "Good. I'll be going now. I still need some homework to do." Krystal said.

She quickly stood up and walked away from the two. "Oh and Minho oppa, I expect full coverage on what you two talk about after I get back, okay? Good. Bye!"

And with that she left the room, closing the door behind here, leaving the two in awkward silence. Little that the two know, under that harsh exterior, Krystal actually leaned against the wall and sighed as soon as the door closes. Though her relationship with Amber is still normal and her relationship with Minho manages to heal, she still cannot handle being in the room with only the three of them. Sometimes it is just too much.

Not wanting to ponder over it longer, Krystal quickly brushed off all that anxiety in her heart and left the dorm, not noticing that a single tear had managed to escape her left eye.