The Verdict

The Truth Behind Amber Josephine Liu

Amber rolled in here bed for the nth time that night. Her meeting with Suzy supposed to help her deal with current situation, not add more complication to it.

Amber sighed as the scene that happened hours before replayed itself in her mind.

One thing for sure is that Suzy kissed her. Yes, and it is not just a small peck like how girls use to do, but thankfully it did not involve tongue either. But still, Suzy kissed her. Suzy pressed her lips onto Amber’s for more than a few seconds and Amber just caught completely off guard.

But remembering the way Suzy looked at her after the kiss, as if signaling her about something, Amber finally knows what she meant and the reason behind the kiss.

The most important thing for her to do now is to make a decision and the sooner the better. She does not want to keep everyone hanging. And she did not want everyone to be too involved in the bet. She heard that Sulli has put 100+ CDs into her bet, and she knows though taking chances is good, but betting something too much is never good. She needs to end this before everyone starts to crack.

The problem is she still not really sure on how to end it. There are only two options for her, either make up with Kris or break up. She loves her, really, but like she said before it just seems so hard to maintain their relationship with both of them being apart every time, especially with now EXO going busier than ever and f(x) going to Japan for their Japanese debut.

Perhaps Suzy was right. No-strings-attached is probably the best solution for everyone, especially for idols like her. Still, she is just not so sure about it. And whenever she is going to make a decision she has to be 100% certain. If not, she is going to regret it later on.

Feeling that lying in her bed is not going to help her solve her crisis, Amber suddenly jumped off her bed and walked out from her bedroom. Perhaps a glass of milk would help.

As soon as her foot stepped into the kitchen, Amber immediately rammed around the kitchen to look for a glass and the milk cartoon. Victoria has banned her from the kitchen after she witness how her beloved kitchen looked like after Amber’s disastrous failed attempt of making a simple toast and egg for breakfast. And apparently after that sad day, Victoria had re-arranged the kitchen. So Amber is basically clueless on which is where.

Luckily for her, after a good 10 minutes of searching, she can finally enjoy her cup of milk. She was tempted in making a cup of hot chocolate when she found some cocoa powder, sugar, and some cream, but she really did not have the confidence to even go near the stove without blowing it up.

As Amber leaned at the countertop while sipping her glass of milk, she glanced at the wheel board in the living room. Sulli had explained all about it in a very enthusiastic manner after she arrived from the park. She was still a bit dazed from what happened with her meeting with Suzy, but she can still manage to capture bits and pieces of what Sulli is trying to say to her.

“You have to make a decision.” Suzy’s words kept ringing in her head.

“Let fate decide.” Sulli said to her when she demonstrated how to use the wheel.

Amber put her glass down on the table and slowly walked towards the living room. As she stared at the wheel and all the pictures attached to it, she took a deep breath before sighing at her pathetic attempt on solving the problem.

Her hand slowly crept up towards the edge of the wheel. “Maybe it’s better to just let fate decide.” she said before finally spinning it.

As her eyes trailed on the spinning wheel, she could not help but to feel nervous about this whole thing. And suddenly her heart stopped just as the wheel stopped spinning.

She looked at her picture and the arrow attached to it, and then her gaze diverted towards the picture underneath it. Fate has decided. It is Kris.

--------------------------

“I had a feeling that you will call.” Kris said to the phone. He has trouble sleeping that day so he decided to just spend the night thinking. He was about to go back to sleep but the ringing of his phone prevented him. He usually never answered any phone call after 2 a.m. but he had a feeling that he has to answer this one. And turns out his feelings were never wrong because he ended up smiling when he saw Amber’s name on the screen.

“I’m so glad you called.” he said again and then he stopped, listening to what she said.

“I’m really sorry. I guess we’re both childish in a way.” he said before letting a small laughed.

As his laughter die down, he attentively listens to whatever his girlfriend is trying to say. A few nodding and some thinking, at last he finally smiled.

“Okay.” he replied. “So, I’ll see you when I’m back in Korea, okay? Good. Bye.” And then he hung up.

He put his phone on the bedside table and lied on his bed.

“Ge.” Tao called.

“Hmm?”

“Who is that?” Tao asked him.

“Amber.” Kris answered.

“Everything’s alright?” Tao asked again.

Kris turned his head to face the panda face maknae, who is still a bit dazed from sleepiness. But he did not answer, instead he just smiled.

-------------------------

Minho immediately rushed to Amber’s dorm the moment he received her text message. She had asked him if they can meet up a few hours later after the sun is up because she wants to tell him something important. Actually he can just wait for a few more hours, but apparently his love won over his logical self (or so he claimed) and he immediately went down to his car and step on the gas.

He had told her that he will be in the dorm in a jiffy and agreed to meet on the rooftop, like they always did before all these dramas happened.

As he walked towards the rooftop, he can feel his heartbeat raising. He is trying to be optimistic on whatever she is going to tell him, but somehow that little voice in his mind keeps telling him to just it and run away as fast as he can and as far as he can before he regrets it. Yet, he is not a coward and he will face whatever decision she has in store for him. He just hopes that it will be a good one.

When he steps into rooftop he immediately saw Amber’s back facing him. She looked so peaceful watching the night sky. Only dressed in sweat pants, t-shirt, and a jacket, it is probably freezing for her right now, but she did not look that way.

“Amber?” Minho called as he walked closer to him.

Hearing her name, Amber immediately turned and is now face to face with him. He looked so tired, perhaps texting him in the middle of the night was not a good idea. But what can she do now? Everything is already done, so it is better to just get this over with quickly. At least it will be less painful that way.

“Oppa, I have to tell you something.” Amber said as Minho is in arms reached right now.

Though it is dark, Minho can see her face very clearly. Her plump lips, her short dark hair, the highlights, her small nose and pinch-able cheeks, her big round expressive eyes, even her lashes. He loves everything about her, and everyone who keeps saying that she looks like a guy really needs to have their eyes checked up.

“Have you been crying?” he asked as he realized the water stains on her cheeks.

“No. It’s nothing.” she said. “Oppa, listen. I have something important to tell you and please do not interrupt me while I’m still talking. Oh, and one more thing. As surprising it may sound, please don’t faint.”

Minho raised his eyebrows at her last statement. What is it that is so surprising that is going to make him faint?

Amber took a deep breath and finally looked deep into his eyes before finally saying…

“Oppa, I’m gay.”

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Just kidding!”

And before Minho can even process anything that she just said, he was given another shock of his life when he suddenly felt her lips massaging his. As his brain finally able to slowly process everything, his eyes slowly close.

The feeling of her lips against his, her sweet taste combined with his. He can feel her hands slowly rested on his neck, pulling him closer and he did not hesitate to rest his hands on her waist.

As they enjoy their moment together, Amber can feel butterflies and fireworks beginning to burst from the pit of her stomach.

This is what Suzy was trying to show her. And Amber was glad that she did. Because if she didn’t, Amber would have not experience that fireworks she longed to feel when she kissed someone.

Even though she loves Kris because he makes her feel at home whenever he is around, right now in her youth what she needs is someone that can ignite the sparks within her. And kissing Minho right now, have just given her the perfect answer.

-------------------------

“So, you two break up.” Tao said.

Kris did not answer and just look towards the view from the veranda of their dorm in Taiwan.

“You know, for a guy who just broke up, you look amazingly calm. You have to teach me that sometimes!” Tao commented.

“I’m the least calm right now. And believe me, I’m actually crying on the inside.” Kris said before sighing.

Tao did not say anything for a couple minutes, letting Kris finally calm his heart for a moment.

“Are you sure you’re not going to regret this later?” Tao asked.

Kris sighed once more.

“I don’t know about that.” he said. “For now what important is for her to be happy and if letting her go is what makes her happy then so be it. And like you said, regret always comes later. The future is still a long way ahead of us.”

“So you’re probably going to get her back later then?”

Kris turns his head to face Tao and lets out a smirk. “Let’s just wait and see.”

 

----------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Yay!!! I am done!!! I really hope you enjoy this story. It doesn't really have any structure because I just wrote what I feel like, but I really hope it doesn't disappoint. After this I will be focusing solely on 'The ONE' and I hope you guys have the time to read it. That story is my 'baby' if you may, my 'masterpiece'. I put a lot effort on that one, so yeah, I really hope you can check it out.

Truthfully, there are a lot of alternate ending for this one and originally I was going to end it with the kiss. But then I changed it. Believe me, I was very very tempted in ending it with 'Oppa, I'm gay', just because I love messing with my readers so much. BUAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA....

The other endings involved Sulli and the wheel, and the bet, which mainly involves a lot of victorious evil laughters, crying, yelling, and also the epic long 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!'. But finally I just decided to choose this ending. I guess sweet ending is always my thing for short stories. HAHAHAHAHAA

Well, that's it then. I hope you enjoy the story. Don't forget to comment and subscribe. And also, please don't forget to click my name there to check my profile and my other stories. Happy Reading!!! ^_^