Review

The Truth Behind Amber Josephine Liu

So, basically since I need to save this, I just posted it here. Hehehehehee... Enjoy

 

Story Review for 'The Truth Behind Amber Josephine Liu' by XiaoZhen
Reviewer : VietzxDuy


Title (3/5) : Your title is very good, but a tad bit misleading. When reading over your title, you wouldn't expect it to be a love story, but rather a thriller or mystery. I'm not saying that that's bad or anything but if the story is going to be about romance, than the title didn't really enhance that.

Foreward and Description (8/10) : Your Foreword and Description was almost quite good actually. Normally people would just write a bunch of nonsense about something OTHER than the story. But yours stays on point and very straight to the point. I like how you don't give out to much information in the description as well. making the reader wanting to read more. Like a lot of authors do in the foreword, they add in 'character profiles'. In my honest opinion, I am totally against that. I don't want to know about all the characters just by reading a foreword, I want them to be revealed throughout the story instead of knowing how they're already going to act. So I applaud you for not adding in character profiles.

Character and Character Development (8/10 points) : The characters were very well described, although I have to be picky about this a little bit. You have these all these 'suitors' chasing Amber around, and that's good and all, but I would only consider Minho and Kris to be the main ones. Although it was a good idea to add the others in, you should really keep your focus on the main ones, and only a little bit on the minors. I'm not saying take them completely out, but just a little bit. BUT I love Krystal and Minho's personalities and development. I don't want to give away to much because your readers might be reading this before starting your story, but I just LOVE how you played out Minho and Krystal.

Overall Plot (18/20) : The plot was percise and clear. Just after reading the first chapter I could tell that there was drama within Ambers relationship.

Flow (9/10) : The flow of the story was consistent. Meaning it didn't jump from scene to scene, but rather peacefully flowing into the next. Often time authors like to rush from scene to scene, but this story is not the case. So good job! Only part you did rush was the ending. I feel like you could've added a whole lot more into it than you did. What happens to the couple now? What happens to _____ (didn't want to spoil your readers)? I would've really liked to know what happened between them, not to mention Krystal too!

Grammar and Mechanics (4/5) : This is the part where I'm about, but there were very little grammar and mechanics. You probably won't pick up on this if you rush reading, but I like to take my time to read a story. They were very small mistakes that you could barely tell, unless you're an English Major. 

Organization (10/10 points) : The story was neatly set up. You took us step by step into what's going to happen in the end.

Originality (4/10) : Originality wise, is a bit so-so. There's countless stories about a girl being chased by guys and vice versa. So it's nothing new to me.

Clarity (8/10) : Very clear to understand. A lot of stories on AFF are very hard to read. Many of them actually have a pretty decent plot and storyline, but it was just hard to read with all the spelling errors and wrong use of past and present tense.

Overall Enjoyment (7/10 points) : Although I'm a fan of f(x), I'm not a big enough fan to actually search them up and read about them. Although, Minho is my favorite within ShinEE and EXO's Kris is in the story. It just wasn't enough for me to fully enjoy the story. It was an excellent story, don't get me wrong, I'm just not a big enough fan of f(x) to fully enjoy it. 

Overall Score (79/100)

C+ : 77-79



Reviewers Comments : The story was excellent. The originality or the story just set you back a lot. Theres just way to many stories like that already here on AFF, but it's still a very well written peice of work. And I just don't know that much about the f(x)'s personalities to actually read about them so that also set you back a little bit. f(x) fans should read this because even though I'm not a big fan of them, it's still worth a good read!

The Truth Behind Amber Josephine Liu was reviewed by VietzxDuy of 'S w e e t ▬ P e a r f e c t┋Graphic ● Review ● Trailers'. Feel free to request a redo once you update your story. Please no bashing the reviewer.