The Exes

The Truth Behind Amber Josephine Liu

Myungsoo smiled as he read the text message he just received from a friend. The news about the fight between Amber and Kris has spread throughout SM Entertainment like wildfire. And fortunately for Myungsoo, most of SM artists have big mouths, not towards the reporter of course, but towards the close entertainment circle of idols, so it did not take long for the news tor reach him.

He had a feeling that their relationship would not be smooth sailing, especially since the start of it was not on a good term either.

"What are you all smiling for?" Hoya suddenly asked as he plopped himself on the seat beside him.

"I just got a news. Apparently Amber and Kris are having couple's trouble." Myungsoo said with a smirk.

Hoya looked at him with questioning eyes. "You're not serious, are you? I mean, coming in between them at this time is just low, especially for you." he said.

"Oh, I'm not going to interfere. I'm just going to wait. I know their relationship are not going to last long anyway." he replied.

Hoya was about to say something further, but Myungsoo quickly cuts him off. "When I said I'm going to get her back, I'm not lying." he said. "I will get her back. I'm sure of it."

Hoya did not say anything more and stay quiet. When Myungsoo said something about having a secret girlfriend on that interview, the one they did while promoting their album, which coincidentally was around the same week as f(x)'s Electric Shock promotion, the other members gasped, not only in surprise but also in confusion. Why? Because they know that Myungsoo is still single. Everyone was relieved though when he said it was just to tease the fans.

Woohyun was the first one to express his surprise about Myungsoo's statement when they were back at the dorm. But instead of saying that it was just a joke, Myungsoo suddenly went serious and said it was true. Everyone who heard them was in shock. Does Myungsoo have a girlfriend that the members does not know about? Myungsoo did not explain further, but then the members start to talk about it.

"Hyung, who is it? Is it Amber noona?" Sungjong asked at the time.

Hoya quickly covered his mouth to make him quiet and shush him. "Stop it. He's still sensitive about her."

Everyone was about to let the topic slide, but suddenly Myungsoo said "Yes, it's her.", which caused the members to not only gasped in shock but also stared at him at disbelief. Some even shook their heads because they think Myungsoo has gone crazy to acknowledge the fact that Amber, who is still in relationship with Kris, is his girlfriend.

"Amber is the one I was talking about. I'm going to take her back." to which the other members just stay quiet.

Every time Hoya or the others remember this, it really makes them feel uneasy. Sure it is good to love someone, but clinging into someone too much is never a good thing. The other members were worried. Worried because he was so serious about it. He even went out to seek help from Suzy. But at least Myungsoo knows his limit, though he tried to get her back, he did not really go into aggressive mode until he is sure that Amber is fully single again.

Truly, a lot of people, including INFINITE's members did not know that Myungsoo still has feelings for Amber. Yes, they broke up and it really took a toll on both of them, but they have a clean break up and after that Myungsoo went back to normal and Amber even dates other people, so everyone especially the members were pretty much surprised when they realized that the reason Myungsoo started to get close to Suzy was not because he liked her, but because he wants to use her to get to Amber. Yeah, it sounds harsh, but it is actually the truth. Still, Myungsoo knows manners and he had said it from the first time about his real intention to Suzy so that she did not get the wrong idea.

Hoya sighed before finally getting up from his seat to roam around the room. He and the other members have tried their best to avoid 'Amber topic'. It is not that they do not care about Myungsoo and the person he loves, it is just that every time he thinks about Amber or talks about Amber or hears anything about Amber, the atmosphere becomes intense and serious. Really different from how it used to be when they are still dating or during their break up period. While they were dating, Myungsoo always woke up and went to sleep with a smile on his face. Amber's simple texts of 'Good morning!' and 'good night' or 'sleep well' had made him that way. And then when they broke up, he went all gloomy and sad. He was starting to be 'normal' again, but ever since Amber broke up with Henry, Myungsoo became intense and serious, not wanting to give up a chance on taking Amber back in his arms. His expression alone really makes people feel like he is ready for battle.

Myungsoo did not react when Hoya left him. He always likes to be alone anyway. He quickly exit the message menu and the phone immediately displayed the main screen. Myungsoo smiled once more as he looked at the wallpaper. It was a picture of him and Amber together, taken while they were still dating, he had just recently made it as his wallpaper after he heard the news about Amber and Kris dating.

The truth is he was going to let her go. After they broke up, he was extremely sad. Amber meant a lot to him not just as a girlfriend but also as a good friend. But then he realized that perhaps he was not the best person that can give her happiness. That is why he decided to step back when Henry and Amber started going out. He figured Henry has more chance of making her happy, especially considering that Henry knew her longer than he did and they also shares the same languages and similar background.

Yet, even with all those, their relationship still did not work out. That is when Myungsoo began to feel confuse on whether or not he should pursue her once more or just let her go. When he heard about the love rectangle between Minho, her, Kris, and Krystal, he was waiting on who will end up with Amber. He always says that if Amber ended up with Minho, perhaps he would not pursue her. Why? Because he felt that Minho has this competitive attitude that will make him never give up on his relationship with Amber. That way Myungsoo is at least secure that Minho will never let her down.

And yet somehow, Amber ends up with Kris. He does not know Kris that well, especially because Kris is promoting in Taiwan and China while he was in Korea. But he had a rough image on what Kris is like. And based on what people are saying, he felt that Kris is way to cold for Amber's own good. He heard that Kris is from Canada and can speak Chinese, so basically in terms of background and language he does not lose to Henry. However, he heard from people's opinions and also from his appearances on TV. Yes, it is wrong for him to judge him based on those, and perhaps what he concluded is far from the truth, but he had a feeling that his cool attitude will clash with Amber's personality.

He always wonders why Amber ended up choosing Kris instead of Minho, especially since Minho has shown a lot more care and attention compare to Kris, well at least from the outside world it looked like that. At some point, he even convinced that she chose Kris because she was drawn into his cool persona. But  he always hopes he was wrong because he knows his Amber is not like that. Perhaps Amber has seen some quality in him that other people cannot see and that is what attracts her towards him, who knows, right?

Quietly Myungsoo leaned his phone towards his lips, placing a quick peck on Amber's face on the screen. As he looked at the screen once more, he cannot help but to smile.

"Embeo a~, we're going to be together soon. Wait for me." he said to himself, not knowing the concern looks s darted towards him.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"So, how's filming going?" Zhou Mi asked as they waited for their food.

Henry was still in Thailand for his movie and Zhou Mi was visiting him. Truth be told, Henry is supposed to be back in Korea by now because his parts for the movie has already been filmed. But then, he asked his manager to let him stay in Thailand for a while longer, reasoning that it will be easier for him to re-shoot any scene if needed, especially since filming of the movie itself is not finished yet. The manager played along and decided to let him stay, it is better for him anyway since Super Junior M is still in hiatus. SM Entertainment had focused all its Chinese promotion towards EXO-M and bringing Super Junior M to the market right now will create unnecessary competition between the two groups.

"Good." Henry answered. "Michelle Yeoh is truly amazing. I really learned a lot from her."

"Well, that's good to hear." Zhou Mi replied.

"So, how is your drama?"

"The promotion went well and I got news that the ratings are going of the roof. Apparently, my appearance with Song Qian, along with Calvin's long awaited drama comeback was an amazing combination."

"That's good. Your drama debut and you're already a hit!" Henry cheered.

"Hopefully the same goes to you too." Zhou Mi said.

"Thanks." Henry replied. "So how is everybody doing?"

"Nothing much. The boys are preparing for their comeback, while the others are doing their own thing." Zhou Mi answered, earning a simple nod from the younger boy.

"Oh, and Amber and Kris are having some relationship trouble." And Henry froze in place.

Henry inhaled deeply, gathering his thoughts. "Relationship faces troubles all the time, it's not something out of the ordinary."

"Their ship is almost sinking. Everyone is going to rescue her and Minho is already holding her."

"Why are you telling me this, hyung?" Henry asked while looking directly into his eyes.

"Donghae asked me to convey this message to you." Zhou Mi said. He took in a deep breath and looked at him. "The one that I trust her to is you, no one else."

Henry sighed. How can he forget those words? That sentence has been ringing on his mind since the day Donghae approved of their relationship and it has gotten a lot louder since she has to deal with Minho and Kris.

"Then what you want me to do, hyung? We broke up. I came here and she somehow managed to get herself stuck into a love rectangle. And at the end she ended up with Kris. I cannot do anything, hyung. Our story has already finished." Henry said.

"Do you still love her?" Zhou Mi suddenly asked.

"It's not like that, hyung. She's already someone else's. I'm not--"

"I asked you, do you still love her?" Zhou Mi cut him off.

"Of course, hyung! Why do you think I ran off to Thailand in the first place? But there is nothing I can do anymore. She already let me go and chose to be with someone else."

"If you still love her, then go get her back. Minho doesn't give up, so why should you?""

"It's not as easy as it sounds, hyung." Henry said before sighing once more.

"And why is that?" Zhou Mi asked.

Henry did not answer immediately, thinking of how to put it into the correct words. He had known Amber for a long time since they were trainee. And the truth is even since then he already had feelings for her. But he knows that at that time, she already loved someone else. Someone who nobody else knew except a handful of people. Someone that can never be with her. And until now, Henry is convinced that she still loves that guy or at least has some feelings towards him.

"Because I can never make her smile like she used to be. It is no longer my place to be beside her."

"Why are you so sure about this? Chances are she still has some feelings for you."

"No, she won't, hyung. I'm sure of it." Henry replied. "I've known her for more than just a couple of years and I know her better than anyone else, even her band mates. And I know right now my place in her heart  is no different than Donghae hyung and Jonghyun."

"So you're going to let her go just like that?"

"She was never in my arms in the first place." Henry said sadly. "All I can do now is watch her from afar, protect her without her knowing it, and trust her to the person I know is capable of protecting her and making her smile. Just like what Donghae hyung did."

"You already have someone in mind?" Zhou mi asked again.

He knows Henry well and though at times he seems cute and humorous, when he already made up his mind, there is no way he will change it. So it will be a waste to ponder him to fight for Amber once more. He had already made himself clear of where he stands and Zhou Mi, along with Donghae, cannot do anything but respect that.

Henry went quiet. In his heart he knows that no one will be close to that guy Amber loved. No one, not even him. But he knows that it is impossible to get that guy back in her life.

"I have someone in mind." Henry finally said after a long pause. "I just hope he meet my expectations."

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So.... Another Author's Note. Hmmm... I'm not particularly familiar with L or any of INFINITE's members because I do not follow them and have only known them from fanfiction. So if any of you are INSPIRITS and there is some things in this chapter that is not in correlation with real life, e. g. the schedules or the honorific names, I'm sorry and I hope I didn't offend anyone.

I initially want to make Henry's part and L's part a separate chapter, but then I decided to just put it in one under the title 'Exes'. I mean, that suits better. HAHAHAHA....

Oh and one more thing. You may think that it is impossible for a girl to have so many suitors that loves her to the death, but truly it's not. Why? Because I have a friend that actually experience this. In her case however, all the guys are her classmates. Yeah, that got out of hand and became the school hottest gossip. Everyone is kind of betting on who she would end up with. I don't really know how they ended it, but I heard they have a conference with the girl and the girl chose right there and then. So yeah, I hope my explanation makes this story more realistic.

Well, hope you enjoy this chapter... Happy Reading!!!