Chapter Nine

From the Past

 

“Are you sure we aren’t pushing him to his furthest limit?” Luhan asked after Yoona and him left the hotel room quietly.

                “…I don’t know…” Yoona whimpered, recalling the sight of Taecyeon weeping softly.

                “Look, Yoona, I don’t want to push you or anything, but since the photo shoot is over, you better make up with him fast. I won’t be by your side anymore to help you.” Luhan said, glancing at Yoona who was closing her eyes.

                “I know Luhan…” Yoona whispered.

~~~~

                Taecyeon had to think quick, before he lost to that jerk Luhan. No way was he going to give up the love of his life for Luhan. If Yoona actually was happy with Luhan, then fine, Taecyeon would let her go. But he wasn’t going down unless he at least tried.

Taecyeon punched in the familiar cell-phone number of one of his best friends and relatives. “Hey Ara, mianhae for waking you up…I need some help.”  Ara began to mutter words into the other line and Taecyeon paid close attention, because who knows? Those words might do him some good.

~~~~

Yoona-ah,

                Can we meet tonight? Go down to the lobby at 7 o’ clock sharp. You’ll see where to go from there.

P.S. Wear something nice, preferably formal. If you don’t have anything to wear, here’s some money that’ll pay for tonight’s attire. There’s a shop nearby just around the corner, if you can’t find it, go call a taxi or something. Just be careful out there.

-Taecyeon

                Yoona glanced at the note beside the bed stand lamp, smiling to herself as she got out of bed. She was excited for what was planned tonight, even if she didn’t know what was going to happen. Hm…Didn’t bring anything formal to wear, I guess I’ll just go shopping instead. Look back at the note, Yoona smiled once again. Maybe Taecyeon really does care for me…Hehehe…Time to go find a dress and all that good stuff. Yoona dressed herself in white shorts and a nice flowing pale blue tank-top to go along with it. With that done, she grabbed a small purse and put all her necessities inside, like her cell-phone, her wallet, her sunglasses, pepper spray etc. (Yes, Yoona had pepper spray. Ara gave it to her before she left to America, in case of any stalkers or creeps.)

                Luckily, just like Taecyeon said, the store filled with nice formal dresses was just a block away from the hotel. Just because Taecyeon to be careful out there, Yoona called up some of her friends that she met on the photo shoot to walk with her there. Oh yeah, Yoona must have forgotten that she was the only girl there because she was sandwiched between six guys: Luhan, Tao, Chanyeol, Kris, Kai, and Sehun.

                “Wow Noona! This place is off the hook!!” Kai smiled at Yoona when the seven of them appeared in front of the clothing store.

                “Let’s go in! Noona needs to get ready soon!” Tao exclaimed pushing all of his friends into the store, including Yoona.

                “Tao!! It’s only one!!” Chanyeol rolled his eyes at Tao’s anxious behavior.

                “Neh, but Noona’s date is at 7! We have six hours!! Oh I’m so scared for Noona if she doesn’t make it!!” Sehun bit his lip.

                “Awh guys, it won’t take that long. It’s fine! Now help me pick out some dresses and I’ll go try them out.” Yoona laughed at the childish behavior of her dongsaengs.

                “Alright Noona!” Yoona’s four dongsaengs beamed brightly at her before running around the store, looking for some dresses.

                “I’ll go help them.” Kris pulled on a small smile before walking away from Yoona.

                “Maybe we should go find some dresses on our own? My dongsaengs don’t have a good taste in fashion, yet I don’t even know why they’re models.” Luhan chuckled, pulling Yoona to the racks. Yoona giggled in reply.

~~~~

                After an exhausting three hours of picking and trying on dresses, Yoona finally came with the final decision. She went with a dress she picked herself, even though she had a hard time choosing between hers and Luhan’s. The one she chose was a light blue strapless dress that stopped right above her knees with ruffles at the top to finish it off.

                “Noona, you look beautiful…” Chanyeol smiled dreamily at Yoona.

                “Yah!! Don’t be so gross! Stop staring at Noona!!” Kris smacked his friend’s head, but he too was admiring the goddess-like lady in front of them. Yoona blushed furiously at their comments, and she was glad she made the right decision. After she was done purchasing the fitting dress, Luhan pointed out a jewelry store down the street, where they bought a nice necklace that complemented Yoona’s dress. By the time the seven of them reached the hotel, it was 5 o’ clock already.

                “Thanks everyone for today!! You guys were great company!! Call me later when we get back to Korea, maybe we can meet up sometime?” Yoona hugged each and every one of her friends. Luhan was still waiting for Yoona’s departing hug, but after his five dongsaengs left them to go up to their rooms to pack, she finally turned to him.

                “Luhan…I guess this is our turn to say goodbye as well…” A single tear rolled down Yoona’s face. “Thanks for everything. I really appreciate it. This isn’t goodbye forever; we’ll keep in touch when we get back to Korea okay?” Yoona smiled and she gave Luhan a big hug before she kissed him on the cheek.            “Well I got to go get ready for tonight! Bye Luhan!” Yoona smiled one more time before she walked to the elevator.

                “Bye Yoona.” Luhan grinned back, waving goodbye as the elevator’s doors closed. “Wish you best of luck with Taecyeon.”

~~~~

                It was 7 o’ clock already, and like the note said, Yoona was down at the lobby once the clock ticked to 7 o’ clock. Surprisingly, the lobby was dimly lit with candles lighting up the room.

                “Ah, you must be Miss Im. Here’s a rose.” One of the bellboys handed Yoona a red, sweet-smelling rose without thorns.

                “Thank you…” Yoona bowed politely.

                “Please follow ahead! Hope you have a happy ending!” The bellboy smiled at her before returning to his work. This handing the roses happened for eleven consecutive times. The last one was something Yoona couldn’t forget.

                “You must be Miss Im! Here’s a rose.” The same receptionist that kept on interrupting Taecyeon handed Yoona the twelfth rose of the night.

                “Thank yo-“ But Yoona got interrupted.

                “Continue right on, where your happiness waits!” The receptionist giggled before motioning outside where Taecyeon was waiting, in a stunning black suit.

                “Hi Yoona.” Taecyeon grinned, pulling out a chair for Yoona to sit on. “You look beautiful, just like always.” yoona-in-blue-dress.jpg(A.N: So this is the dress I thought Yoona would wear...kekeke^^)

                “Uhm…Thanks…” Yoona awkwardly tucked a misplaced curl behind her ear.

                “Did you like the dozen roses?” Taecyeon gestured at the roses Yoona was holding.

                “Neh…They’re nice…” Yoona bowed her head before placing them on the table.

                “Let’s eat some dinner…then we can talk about other things…” Taecyeon clapped his hands and five waiters appeared.

                “Would you please take these roses up to our room? Thanks.” Taecyeon nodded to one of the waiters, and he took the roses and left.

                “Dinner please?” Taecyeon said in English to the remaining four.

                “Yes Mr. Ok.” The four waiters answered in sync. In just a few minutes, Taecyeon’s and Yoona’s dinner arrived. It was grilled steak and vegetables acted as a side.

                “How is it?” Taecyeon tried starting a conversation.

                “I guess it’s good…” Yoona nodded before taking a small sip of the wine placed in front of her. She was thirsty, and didn’t even know it was wine. It was sweet at first, but then it was bitter as an aftertaste. Yoona hated it. She spit out immediately with disgust.

                “GAHH! WHAT IS THAT?!” Yoona asked, alarmed.

                “It’s called wine…” Taecyeon sipped his wine ever so casually.  

                “IT TASTES TERRIBLE!!” Yoona tried getting rid of the aftertaste by eating some steak, but it tasted even worse. “Excuse me, can I get some water?” Yoona choked on her saliva. The waiter nodded and came back with a cup filled with water.

                “HAHA. Maybe next time you should ask what it is before actually trying it.” Taecyeon smirked, before continuing to eat his vegetables in peace.

                “Well I was thirsty!!” Yoona pouted, taking a large gulp of H2O.

                “You should have asked anyways.” Taecyeon wiped his mouth with a fancy napkin. He was done with dinner while Yoona was having trouble finishing the steak. After a minute of stuffing with meat, Yoona gave up and she slumped down on the chair.

                “Are you done with that?” Taecyeon glanced over at Yoona’s unfinished steak.

                “Neh…I’m full.” Yoona nodded.

                “I guess you won’t have room for ice cream…” Taecyeon grinned wickedly while waving over the waiters to clean up the table. Yoona shot up with the mention of ice cream.

                “Oh, I was saving room for that!” Yoona gave a small smile, making an excuse on the spot.

                “Mmhmm…” Taecyeon nodded with a smirk still on his face.

                “Whatever!” Yoona playfully rolled her eyes. When the dessert came, Yoona’s eyes widened into big saucers.

                “ICE CREAM!!!” Yoona squealed, spooning a big helping into . In a few minutes, Yoona was done while Taecyeon was laughing at Yoona’s childish behavior. Yoona patiently waited for Taecyeon, and he was done in a few seconds. The waiters went over and cleaned up the table, leaving it spotless.

                “What’s this all about?” Yoona asked what was on her mind for the entire day.

                “I...I wanted to apologize…” Taecyeon bit his lip, his mood changing ever so suddenly.

                “For what? For dumping me? For giving me away? For not even caring?” A tear leaked out of Yoona’s eye. Taecyeon saw the tear drip down her chin, and it hurt him so much.  

                “Yoona…I’m sorry.”

                “How true can your apologies be? It hurt a lot when you left me. And then to think you came back after me and Yong Hwa broke up. Are you using me as some toy? So you can play with my feelings then toss me away? Taecyeon, it doesn’t work like th-“ More tears rolled down Yoona’s face as she spoke.

                “Yoona…I love you. I was dumb for giving you away to Yong Hwa, its true. I…thought I wasn’t worth your time. So I left you that night at Ara’s house. And I thought Yong Hwa was better, but instead…it turned out, he hurt you too-“ Taecyeon interrupted Yoona, shaking his head vigorously.

                “NO. Neh, Yong Hwa hurt me, but not as much as you hurt me.” Yoona butted in, emphasizing on the first word in her sentence.

                “I…I’m sorry.”

                “Apologies don’t cut it. Why did you leave me behind?” Yoona glared at Taecyeon who finally returned her gaze.

                “I thought I wasn’t worth your time…I was shocked, especially when you said you loved me. That’s when I knew I had to leave you…I couldn’t break a promise…” Taecyeon felt a lump in his throat. He was close to crying, but he wanted to finish before he could start bawling.

                “That’s your excuse, not worth my time. Blah blah. I don’t care Taecyeon. It’s a lame excuse, anybody can use it. Stop lying.” Yoona shook her head in disbelief.

                “I…Your parents noticed your feelings towards me, and I guess they noticed I had mutual feelings as well…One day, they made me promise that we’d never end up together as a couple, because I was nothing. I was just a friend to you, not some prince with wealth and honor. They said I wasn’t worth your time, I was just a piece of trash. No value whatsoever. I can’t break promises Yoona…The only thing that I couldn’t promise was…To love you.” Taecyeon’s voice cracked at the end before he began to cry hard. Yoona bit her lip. Because what Taecyeon said, it was true. It was true that her parents would do that. Because around that time when Taecyeon and Yoona got closer, the Joseon dynasty was about to collapse. (A/N: I ACTUALLY DON’T KNOW IF THAT’S TRUE. PROBABLY NOT, BUT I JUST MADE THAT UP. KEKEKE^^) It was nearing its end soon if they didn’t defend themselves from invaders. If Yoona married Taecyeon, the royal family would get nothing in return. But if Yoona married to a prince, the two families would join forces together to save the dynasty.

                After a while, Yoona swallowed back the tears. “Mianhae Taecyeon…” She stood up and walked to stand by the poolside.

                “You know. When I heard you and Yong Hwa kissed, it really broke my heart into a million pieces. I mean leaving you was hard enough, but…then I heard from Ara you loved Yong Hwa…It’s hard loving somebody, but not being able to say it…” Taecyeon stood up from his seat, his voice wavering.

                “I had thoughts about it, but I never did love Yong Hwa. Cause when I’m with him, I’m always thinking of  you.” Yoona shook her head as more tears dropped down her face.

                “You…what?” Taecyeon walked closer to Yoona.

                “I always saw Yong Hwa as you…A replacement. Ironic much? He saw me as Seohyun, I saw him as you. Funny isn’t it?” Yoona glanced back at Taecyeon. But he didn’t reply, he was too close to Yoona. His face was literally one millimeter away from Yoona’s face. He closed the gap, kissing Yoona deeply, allowing all his feelings to flow out in that one kiss. In Yoona’s mind, fireworks were exploding. She kissed back, encircling her arms around his neck. In the middle of the kiss, she smiled and whispered against Taecyeon’s lips, “I love you Ok Taecyeon. Don’t ever leave me again.”

~~~~

                The flight back to Seoul was better than the one going to America. Taecyeon and Yoona always smiled brightly, talking to each other non-stop. They chatted so much that one of the flight attendants had to tell them to stop talking because everyone else in the plane was sleeping. They laughed it off, intertwining their hands together. Their love…was unbreakable.

                Finally, after several hours on the plane, Yoona and Taecyeon got off and reached Seoul. Home sweet home. Waiting for them were two other couples holding a welcoming sign: WELCOME BACK YOONA AND TAECYEON!! Yong Hwa and Minho held it up proudly and Taecyeon gave them both a big warm hug. Yoona smiled at Ara and Seohyun, and after a few seconds of smiling at each other, the three of them came together for one big group hug.

                “You guys got back together?” Yoona smiled at Seohyun who was staring dreamily at Yong Hwa. She nodded happily.

                “I’m happy for you guys!” Yoona exclaimed while Taecyeon reached for her hand.

                “You’re not bad yourself.” Yong Hwa remarked, staring at Yoona’s and Taecyeon’s intertwined hands. Yoona blushed.

                “Whatever Yong Hwa.” Yoona playfully glared at her ex-boyfriend. Usually, when you’re around your ex, it would be awkward, but the atmosphere was friendly between Yoona and Yong Hwa.

                “So we’ll see you two tonight at the Italian restaurant?” Minho gestured at Yoona and Taecyeon.

                “YAH. YOU GUYS BETTER GO. I’M PAYING FOR IT.” Ara growled playfully.

                “We’ll be there.” Yoona and Taecyeon said harmoniously.

                “See you later then!” Yong Hwa and Seohyun waved bye and followed Ara and Minho.

                “Happy ending for everyone…” Yoona sighed, as Taecyeon wrapped a secure arm around her waist. He pressed his cheek on the top of her hair, sighing too.

                “C’mon. Let’s go do something before we have to meet our friends tonight.” Taecyeon led Yoona down the street, but the couple stumbled upon a wooden box with flashing buttons. The couple stared at each other, alarmed. It was the exact same time machine that brought them here to the 21st century. 

~~~~

hi everyone!! another update for you guys!! kekeke^^ so(: FINALLY, some taecyoon moments!! hehehe^^ i also mentioned exo just cause...(: ANYWAYS. so. happy everyone? hehehe. but the story's not over yet...so...HEHEHEHEEHEHEHE^^ one more chapter guys!! :D the dozen of roses was sorta corny, i know...but. i thought it was sorta romantic, yet cheesy at the same time. hehehe(: i will update most likely tomorrow or on friday!! keke^^ stay in tune!! TAECYOON LOVE IS UNBREAKABLEE!! <3

P.S. did you see the italize when yoona said, "cause when i'm with him i am thinking of you?" yeah thats from katy perry!! :D SO YEAH. alright(: goodnight everyone!! <3