Chapter Seven

From the Past

 

Minho was sitting beside Ara on the couch when Yoona entered the apartment. Ever since their kiss, Ara and Minho began to date, once again.

                “Anyong Minho and Ara.” Yoona slipped on her house shoes, walking over to the kitchen to get some water.

                “Anyong.” Minho glanced over Ara’s computer screen.

                “Hey Yoona, are you planning to go to America or not? I need to know like in a day or so. Taecyeon already gave me his answer.” Ara looked up at Yoona who was currently taking a large gulp from the water bottle.

                “I still need to think about it. But I’ll let you know tomorrow.” Yoona nodded, capping the water bottle before walking to her room. After the coast was clear, Minho glanced at his girlfriend who had a troubled expression on her face.

                “Hey Ara, are you okay?” Minho wrapped an arm around her.

                “Neh…It’s just that…Yoona has to go to America. She has to. Taecyeon still loves her…He just thinks so lowly of himself that it’s sad. They both deserve each other, and now Taecyeon regrets his deal with Yong Hwa…” Ara said, laying her head gently on Minho’s shoulder.

                “Yong Hwa had a deal with Taecyeon? He never has deals with anybody.”

                “That’s because he owes Taecyeon a lot…Practically his life. Taecyeon thought it was better if Yoona forgot him, so he asked Yong Hwa for some help.” Ara explained, making hand gestures.

                “I see…But Yong Hwa isn’t that bad…Even though he’s a two timer, it’s not entirely his fault…During his entire childhood, his parents abandoned him for work. But ever since he started dating Yoona, he changed…A lot.” Minho nodded, putting his feet on the coffee table.

                “Yah! Get your feet off the table!” Ara playfully pushed Minho’s feet off the coffee table. “But…is it a good thing? That he changed?” Ara’s tone softened.

                “Neh, I think he stopped flirting with other girls after he met Yoona…For sure it’s a good change. I just hope Yong Hwa sorts out his feelings soon. It’s clear he likes Yoona, but there was this one girl who was just like Yoona, and he was really in love with her. But one day, out of the blue, she just stopped seeing him, and she sort of…disappeared.” Minho yawned lightly.

                “Disappeared? For what reason?” Ara asked, curious.

                “I don’t know…Nobody knows, but I just remember her name was Seohyun. She was really pretty too, just like Yoona. Only thing, Yoona looks so much more innocent. Maybe Yong Hwa really does love Yoona. Or, he’s just seeing Yoona as Seohyun.” Minho rubbed his eyes before getting up.

                “Can I stay over? I’m really tired…” Minho asked, stretching his arms.

                “No, you can’t stay. Now shoo!” Ara suppressed a giggle as she playfully shoved her boyfriend out the front door. “Bye bye now!” Ara laughed before closing the door.

                “I hate you!!” Minho yelled loudly so Ara could hear him.

                “I love you too honey!” Ara chuckled before walking to her MacBook, turning it on. Seohyun…Isn’t she one of my employees? In Yoona’s department? Ara was too focused on her computer screen that she barely even noticed Yoona standing behind the wall. Yoona had heard everything, including about Taecyeon loving her and Yong Hwa loving Seohyun…

~~~~

                ‘Hello? Mianhae Yong Hwa for waking you up…Can we talk?’

                ‘Neh.’

                ‘Alright, can we meet at the front of Ara’s apartment complex in ten minutes?’

                ‘Neh, I’m on my way over.’

~~~~

                “Anyong Yoona.” Yong Hwa was still in his sweats and a plain white t-shirt when he walked over to Yoona.

                “Hi.” Yoona nervously tucked a stray hair behind her ear.

                “What’s with the late call? It’s not that I mind, it’s just not normal of you to do such things…”

                “Yong Hwa, what do you think of me?” Yoona asked.

                “Yoona what do you-“

                “Honestly, what do you think of me?” Yoona interrupted.

                “Yoona…”

                “Tell me, so we can get this over with. We’re both tired, but I just had to ask you. I couldn’t wait any longer.” Yoona hushed Yong Hwa.

                “I like you, that’s why we’re dating. Remember?”

                “Or is it because Taecyeon forced you too?” Yoona couldn’t stand it; she had to bring up this topic sooner or later. Yong Hwa was speechless, in utter shock.

                “So it is because Taecyeon made a deal with you. Besides that, am I one of your toys? After you’re done playing with me, you dump me and move on? Is that right?” Yoona continued bitterly.

                “Yes, the reason why I met you was because of Taecyeon. But you’re not one of my toys, you never were, you never will be. You’re special.” Yong Hwa caressed Yoona’s soft cheek.

                “Why am I special? Is it because I remind you of Seohyun?” Yoona shook Yong Hwa’s warm hand off her face.

                “W-W-What?” Yong Hwa stuttered, completely thrown off guard.

                “Seohyun, your first love. She disappeared from your life after you fell in love with her, how unfortunate. But Seohyun’s my co-worker, and I see no similarities between us two whatsoever. Am I really that special?” Yoona glanced sternly at Yong Hwa.

                “I-I…”

                “Maybe not. Maybe I really did remind you of Seohyun.” Yoona paused, allowing Yong Hwa for some time to speak. He was too struck with surprise that he couldn’t answer. “Well you know what Yong Hwa? If you don’t even know how you feel about me, it’s over.” Yoona’s eyes began to water. “I hope to never see you again.” Yoona began to walk into the main gate of the apartment complex leaving Yong Hwa behind.

                “Y-Y-Yoona…” Yong Hwa mumbled. Yoona’s heart ached, but she continued to walk towards the main gate, entering the lot where Ara’s several cars were parked.

                “I think…I really did see you as Seohyun. Mianhae…” Yong Hwa muttered before heading back into his convertible, silent tears rolling down his face.

~~~~

                ‘Taec…she knows.’ Yong Hwa sighed, remembering Yoona’s words.

                ‘What do you mean, she knows?’ Taecyeon’s voice rose.

                ‘Yoona knows about our deal, she knows about…Seohyun…’ Yong Hwa mumbled, feeling uncomfortable with the mention of his ex-girlfriend.

                ‘How?! Ommo…’ Taecyeon groaned.

                ‘I don’t know, in the middle of the night, she called me. It was sort of odd, since Yoona never calls me in the middle of the night. And then I met her in front of Ara’s apartment, she began to ask me all these questions…Then she just…Broke up with me.’ Yong Hwa wiped at his watering eyes.

                ‘She. Broke up. With you?’ Taecyeon gasped loudly.

                ‘Neh…I was so surprised to answer her. Then, she just dumped me.’

                ‘Mianhae…’ Taecyeon whispered softly.

                ‘Its fine, I never really was that interested.’ Yong Hwa lied, sniffling lightly.

                ‘Either way, thanks bro. For everything. Thanks for not two-timing while you were dating Yoona, I really appreciate it.’

                ‘Neh…’ Yong Hwa nodded. Even if Taecyeon didn’t tell Yong Hwa to not cheat, Yong Hwa wouldn’t have cheated on Yoona anyways. She was just too…special, just like Seohyun.

                ‘Alright Yong Hwa…I should get going. I need to start packing for America.’

                ‘You’re going to America?’

                ‘Yeah, it’s a really good opportunity.’

                ‘Is Yoona going with you?’

                ‘Hm…I don’t know…hold on…Oh, I got a text…From Ara! I guess Yoona’s coming along!’ Taecyeon was heard pressing buttons on the other line.

                ‘Well, I wish you the best Taec.’ Yong Hwa paused before continuing, ‘With Yoona. Let me know if you win her over.’

                ‘Neh Yong Hwa. Bye!’

                ‘Bye.’

~~~~

                “I’m going to go pack now.” Yoona left the living room, heading to her bedroom.

                “Wait…Yoona? Are you…okay?” Ara followed Yoona, worried about Yoona’s grave expression.

                “Me and Yong Hwa…we broke up.” Yoona quietly muttered, stopping in her tracks to face Ara.

                “You guys…what?”

                “I heard everything you and Minho said. I’m going to America with Taecyeon because I, myself will go find out if he truly loves me, not from what you said. Thanks for telling me everything without directly saying it to my face. I really appreciate it you know? So much for being best friends.” Yoona’s words were like an invisible slap in the face to Ara.

                “Yoona…” In answer, Yoona slammed the door in Ara’s face.

~~~~

It’s been a whole week when Yoona began to zone out, and ignoring everybody, including her co-workers.

“Dude…What’s wrong with Yoona?” Jiyeon whispered loudly to Hailey.

“Maybe she broke up with someone…” Hailey observed quietly.

“Why would anyone want to break up with Yoona? She’s like a goddess! She’s so stunningly beautiful…” Wooyoung, another male model who glanced dreamily at Yoona.

“You’re not helping!” Jiyeon slapped Wooyoung’s shoulder.

“Owww!” Wooyoung groaned loudly, rubbing his shoulder, which caused Yoona to look up for a mere two seconds before looking back down at her paperwork.

“Maybe someone didn’t dump her, maybe she dumped her boyfriend, but then…she really liked him, but had to dump him because he was two-timing her!” Hailey raised her index finger as if she got the perfect idea.

“That could be true…That’s what happened to me once.” Jiyeon sighed sadly before flipping through her binder on her desk.

“Such sore losers. I never got dumped, it’d be the other way around-“ Jiyeon threw a dirty look at Wooyoung and that hushed him up immediately.

“Mianhae.” Wooyoung sighed in defeat, as he returned back to his computer screen, playing Call of Duty.

“Go back to work!” Hailey stood up, glaring at Wooyoung.

“I don’t have work. My work is to just pose and look good.” Wooyoung winked at Hailey, running his hand through his hazel hair.

“Ugh. Disgusting.” Hailey shuddered before sauntering off to her desk.

“I know you want me babe!” Wooyoung laughed before he shot down an armed man. “YES! 8 STREAK KILL! BOO-YAH!” Everybody in the office laughed at Wooyoung’s childish act before returning to their work. Except for Yoona. She had lots of thinking to do, involving Yong Hwa and Seohyun. Should I ask her? It won’t hurt, will it? Just do it…

~~~~

“Anyong Seohyun!” Yoona walked towards her co-worker still typing at her desk even though it was lunch break.

“Hey Yoona! What’s up?” Seohyun glanced up at Yoona.

“Oh, nothing much…I was just wondering if you want to go eat lunch with me.”

“Uhm…” Seohyun looked like she was considering something before replying, “Yeah, sure, why not?” Seohyun shut off her computer, walking with Yoona to the elevator.

“Is anything wrong Yoona? You’ve been sort of quiet lately in the office…” Seohyun sat across from Yoona, tearing open the plastic wrap that surrounded her sandwich.

“Neh…” Yoona took a spoonful of rice and shoved it into .

“Do you want to talk about it? Is it about a break-up? I’m sort of experienced in that area.” Seohyun offered politely.

“Neh…” Yoona nodded timidly.

“So what’s his name? What went wrong?” Seohyun asked gently, careful not hurt Yoona’s feelings even more.

“His name…is Jung Yong Hwa.” Yoona annunciated on her ex-boyfriend’s name, watching Seohyun’s face flicker with emotions.

“Jung Yong Hwa?” Seohyun whispered, obviously shocked.

“Neh…You know him don’t you?”

“N-N-Neh…”

“You used to date him didn’t you? And then you completely disappeared from his life.” Yoona wiped with a napkin before staring hard at Seohyun.

“N-N-Neh…How…do you-know?” Seohyun swallowed, nervous.

“I heard from one of Yong Hwa’s friends, but what really makes me wonder Seohyun…Why did you disappear?”

“It’s been so long ago…I don’t really remember…”

“Do you know Yong Hwa actually loved you? He just saw me as you, a replacement for his first love. He had mixed feelings about me, that’s why I dumped him. He didn’t even know if he liked me. So why did you Seohyun? Did you know he loved you?” Yoona pulled on a strained smile.

“I…Mianhae…I…” Seohyun stuttered.

“Mianhae for pressuring you. It’s just that, I want to get clear everything up, and I really need your help.” Yoona nodded slowly.

“I was afraid…to love him. I’ve never been in love, and people say, love can overcome anything. Love is so powerful that it can get people to murder one another. To say you love someone, to me, that’s such a brave thing. But Yong Hwa,” Seohyun smiled bitter sweetly, “he was different. He was mysterious at times, but he was so sweet. You couldn’t resist falling in love with him, but when he said he loved me…I thought he was joking. I knew beforehand he was a player who two-timed, but saying he loved me…How true can a player be with his feelings? That’s why I was scared. And that’s why I left.”

“Trust me, Yong Hwa loves you with all his heart. He can’t stop thinking about you, and that’s why he saw me as you. Because maybe our personalities are alike, I don’t know, but what I do know, is that he still loves you. Even though he may not show it in his actions, I can see it in his eyes.” Yoona put her hand on top of Seohyun’s smiling brightly.

“Chinjia?” Seohyun gasped.

“Chinjia. You should call him, and meet up sometime.” Yoona pulled out her phone, looking for Yong Hwa’s phone number.

“N-Neh…I’ll do it when I’m ready…Kamsahamnida!” Seohyun bowed her head politely. Yoona smiled warmly at Seohyun, thinking in her head, Seohyun and Yong Hwa were meant to be…I made Yong Hwa realize who he really loved, and he? I think he made me realized who I really loved too. 

~~~~

hey everyone! chapter seven is posted! yayy! (: back to taecyeon and yoona's story! so how was this chapter?! especially after yoona dumped yong hwa!? (: originally, i was going to say tiffany was yong hwa's past lover, but i read everyone's comments, and alot of you guys wanted seohyun, so i changed chapter three (if you remember me mentioning tiffany) and this chapter to seohyun!! :D (: and yoona's going to america with taecyeon...YAYYYY for taecyoon fans!! kekeke^^ this is totally random, but i'm currently co-authoring another story: Same Face, Different Place so please check it out and let me know what you think of it!! :D i'll be back for another update soon!! (: maybe tomorrow, if i'm not too busy!! thanks everyone for your support! you guys mean the WORLD to me!! <3!