Chapter Eight

From the Past

 

It’s been a day since Yoona and Taecyeon landed in California for their photo shoot, and they barely exchanged any words since then. It even got more awkward when they found out there was only one room booked.

~~~~

                “Hi, we’re here for Go…” Taecyeon started, but the hotel receptionist interrupted him.

                “You’re here for Go Ara right? Here’s your room key, if you have any questions, please feel free to call us!” The receptionist handed Taecyeon two room cards.

                “Uhm, excuse me miss? But…I was expecting-“ Taecyeon shook his head.

                “You were expecting two rooms, one for the lady and one for you. But unfortunately, because everyone’s flying in from all over the world for this very important photo shoot, Ms. Go could only book one room.” The receptionist interrupted Taecyeon once again, giving him a fake smile.

                “I-uh…okay.” Taecyeon nodded curtly before leading Yoona off to their hotel room. Once they entered, Yoona plopped down on the king sized bed, claiming her spot.

                “I guess…I get the floor then…” Taecyeon awkwardly scratched his neck before laying out his sleeping bag.

~~~~

                The next day at the photo shoot, Taecyeon saw Yoona talking to an unfamiliar male model, which later on, Taecyeon found out his name, was Luhan. How could she move on? Does she really not love me…? He shook his head in disbelief before heading towards the wardrobe room to change. Little did he know, Yoona was just testing him the entire time, with the help of her new friend, Luhan.

~~~~

                “Hey Luhan!” Yoona waved at her friend from across the room.

                “Hi Yoona.” Luhan shyly walked over, sitting across from Yoona. He looked over Yoona’s shoulder and saw Taecyeon glare at him. “Who’s that guy who keeps on lurking around you? It’s scary…” Luhan gestured with his head to show Yoona. She turned around and glanced at Taecyeon who was at the moment, staring at the two, before looking away when Yoona caught him staring at her and Luhan.

                “Oh…it’s just my...co-worker who should be minding his own business.” Yoona said loudly, hoping Taecyeon would hear her remark.

                “Well, c’mon. Let’s get ready to take some photos.” Luhan extended his head, helping Yoona get up.

                “Thanks Luhan!” Yoona laughed with Taecyeon watching from afar.

~~~~

                “What was that all about?” Luhan asked, curious about Yoona’s behavior.

“You see, I love Taecyeon since we were little. But one day, he hooked me up with his best friend, and now all of a sudden, he says he loves me. How true can his words be? I came to America because I’m testing him. By using-“ Yoona was cut off short by Luhan.

                “By using me.” Luhan smiled at the scenery in front of Yoona and him. They were in the garden behind the studio, taking a small break.

                “Uhm…Yeah. Mianhae Luhan.”

                “No problem. I’m happy to help my friend and her soon-to-be boyfriend, or perhaps, husband.” Luhan winked at Yoona.

                “Hahaha. How are you sure Luhan?” Yoona rested her head against his shoulder in a friendly manner.

                “Have you seen how Taecyeon looks at you? I can seriously see two hearts in his eyes shining brightly. I, on the other hand, get murderous looks from him. I’m sorta scared.” Luhan widened his eyes in mock horror.

                “Psh. You’re exaggerating.” Yoona giggled.

                “Uh. No. I’m not.” Luhan wiggled his eyebrows, and more laughter erupted from Yoona.

                “Luhan…will you please help me?” Yoona lifted her head off Luhan’s shoulder before facing him.

                “Since you already used me, and I’m not complaining…What does that mean?” Luhan raised his eyebrow.

                “Yay! Thanks Luhan!” Yoona wrapped her arms around him. From afar, you would think Luhan and Yoona was a couple, but they were simply just friends who are really close. Taecyeon stomped off, misunderstanding the hug shared between the two friends. I shouldn’t resort to violence…Maybe I can change Yoona’s heart and mind…Taecyeon agreed to himself, pulling out his phone to dial Ara’s number in Korea.

~~~~

                “H-H-Hel-lo?” Ara said sleepily into her iPhone.

                “Oh shoot…Hi Ara! Sorry for waking you up at such a time like this, but I really need your help…” Taecyeon forgot it was night over in Seoul, but he continued talking anyway.

~~~~

MEANWHILE…BACK IN KOREA…

                “Hello?” Yong Hwa received a call from an unknown number, but he picked up anyways.

                “…” The person on the other line didn’t answer after a few seconds.

                “Hello?! I’m going to hang up now.” Yong Hwa got impatient, and he was about to hang up when…

                “Wait!” A feminine voice stopped Yong Hwa from doing so. So familiar…It can’t be Yoona…no…It can’t be…

                “Seohyun?” Yong Hwa muttered, hoping it wasn’t who he thought it was.

                “Uhm…hi Yong Hwa…can we meet?” Seohyun’s nervous voice chilled Yong Hwa. It was her. After all these years of waiting, Seohyun finally called. He never changed his number, in high hopes Seohyun would call again, but she never did. Until now.

                “Yeah…sure.” Yong Hwa nodded.

~~~~

The two lovers met each other at the place where they first met: the beach. The beach had so many good warm memories, but it was also where Seohyun last saw Yong Hwa.

                “Hi Yong Hwa…” Seohyun was wearing a yellow summer dress with a cute head-band to accompany it.

                “Hey Seohyun…” Yong Hwa was wearing swimming shorts with a plain white t-shirt.

                “Uhm…you want to go grab something?” Seohyun suggested, feeling the awkward tension building.

                “Yeah sure.” Yong Hwa followed Seohyun to a seafood shack.

                “Ajumma, a table for two?” Seohyun greeted the middle-aged lady at the front of the food stand.

                “Neh. Here you go now…” The ajumma led Seohyun and Yong Hwa to a tight spaced table, which caused Seohyun’s and Yong Hwa’s knees to rub against each other.

                “I…uh…let’s order first.” Yong Hwa scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

                “Yeah, sure…” Seohyun nodded, flipping through the menu. After Yong Hwa and Seohyun knew what to order, they called the ajumma over.

                “Uhm, ajumma, we would like a lobster for me, and crab legs with lemon for her.” Yong Hwa ordered for the both of them before turning to face Seohyun. “That’s what you want right?”

                “Neh…” Seohyun brushed her bangs to the side.

                “I…” Yong Hwa started, he didn’t know where to begin. “Seohyun, why did you call me all of a sudden?” He fiddled nervously with the placemat, waiting for Seohyun’s answer.

                “I…thought it was time I cleared things up. I mean…it’s been five years after all, I think it’s time I should tell you…You deserve it anyways.” Seohyun cleared .

                “Oh…yeah. Thanks.”

                “Well…you know, most of the time, stupid reasons are what hold people back from loving someone. I guess…I was afraid of loving you, and you loving me…Complete different story. You were a player saying you loved me. How do I know if you said that to other girls beside me? So I left. But then Yoona came to me one day…she said you still loved me and saw her as me. I was beyond shocked. I felt bad for Yoona, yet at the same time, I was happy. Because  you still loved me. But you know, I don’t even know if you love-“ Seohyun was interrupted by Yong Hwa whose eyes were b with tears.

                “Seohyun-ah. I love you forever and ever. Don’t ever leave me again. Because even if you want to, I won’t let you do so. I’ll always be by your side, stuck to you.” Yong Hwa caressed Seohyun’s smooth face as silver tears streamed down his face.

                “Yong Hwa…you…” Seohyun laughed as tears began fall from her eyes. “I love you too.” She whispered. They were so into their little speeches, that they didn’t notice everybody in the food stand staring at them. When Seohyun said those four words, everybody began to clap happily.

                “Ommo…I’m so silly crying.” Seohyun giggled wiping at her own tears.

                “And I love you even for that.” Yong Hwa chuckled, while everybody heaved sighs saying, “AWHH.”

                “Aigo. So cheesy.” Seohyun playfully pushed Yong Hwa away from her. Taecyeon-ah…I got my happy ending, when are you getting yours?  Yong Hwa grinned widely at Seohyun.

~~~~

MEANWHILE, BACK IN AMERICA…

                Taecyeon was having no fun whatsoever. Luhan was everywhere, including their hotel room. Turned out, Luhan lived right next door and Taecyeon rarely saw Yoona in the hotel room he shared with her. Probably with Luhan again…Taecyeon fed up, knew he had to make his move quick, before Luhan was going to confess to Yoona. (Or so Taecyeon thought.)

Taecyeon’s phone vibrated loudly, interrupting Taecyeon’s thoughts.

                “Hello?” Taecyeon stood up, walking onto the balcony, which was overlooking most of Los Angles.

                “Hey Taec! Ommo! Guess what? Me and Seohyun got back together!!” Yong Hwa announced while laughing to himself.

                “Well that explains your cheerful tone.” Taecyeon said, clutching onto the balcony bar.

                “Neh! So how is it over America? You know, with Yoona and all?”

                “Terrible…I think she found another guy…” Taecyeon rubbed his temples.

                “Ommo! But I don’t think she would…”

                “Well she did, and now I feel heartbroken.”

                “Taec, you’re just jealous.” Yong Hwa teased on the other line.

                “Maybe…” Taecyeon sighed loudly.

                “Just tell Yoona your true feelings. You haven’t even talked to her other than ask her stupid questions like, ‘how are you today?’ So go. Be the brave Taecyeon that I once knew. What happened to him? You needa come back with Yoona, or else Seohyun will go crazy. She really-“ Yong Hwa started, interrupted by Seohyun’s yelling.

                “YAH. OK TAECYEON. PUT A BRAVE FRONT AND CONFRONT YOONA. IF YOU DON’T, THE ENTIRE FLOOR, INCLUDING EUNJUNG, WILL KILL YOU.” Seohyun screamed into the line.

                “How do you…?”  Taecyeon winced due to the loud noise on the other end.

                “LOOK, WORD TRAVELS FAST. WE AREN’T DUMMIES. SO GO BRING HER BACK. FIGHT FOR HER IF YOU REALLY DO LOVE HER. YOU SOUND LIKE A BABY, SCARED OF FIGHTING FOR YOUR GIRL. PSH. I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOONA SEES IN YOU-“ Seohyun was interrupted by Yong Hwa.

                “Sorry about that yelling…It’s just that everyone wants you to have a happy ending with Yoona because everybody else already got their happy ending. Take me and Seohyun for instance. Or maybe even Ara and Minho.”

                “Yeah, so go back and fight for her…Just using words. Tell her how you really feel. Not all girls are willing to make the first move, you know?” Seohyun lowered her volume once she got the phone from Yong Hwa.

                “HEYY! NOT COOL!” Yong Hwa knew what Seohyun was talking about.

                “Psh. Don’t be lame like Yong Hwa here. Okay! Tell me how it goes, kay, Taecyeon? Got to go! BYEE!!” Seohyun hung up with Taecyeon without letting him even answer her or Yong Hwa. Taecyeon sighed and threw his BlackBerry on the chair beside him. Everything his friends said, it was all true. What did happen to the brave Taecyeon? Why was he such a jerk in the first place? Letting go of Yoona…Taecyeon covered his face with his hands and wept quietly. Little did he know Yoona had just entered the room with Luhan…

~~~~

i'm sorry everyone for the delayed update!! unfortunately, i had writer's block. D: i was out of ideas for this chapter...so i had to brainstorm all over again just last night!! I'M REALLY SORRY IF THIS IS A REALLY BAD CHAPTER, because like i said, i was fresh out of ideas...>.< so i wrote this entire chapter just this morning!! don't hate me for some luyoon going on!! >.< you'll see how it plays out later on! so don't hate me!! two more chapters..and i'll mark this as complete! you guys excited?! i'm writing chapter nine now, so stay in tune! :D