Chapter Two

From the Past

 

“It’s official!” Ara screamed into Yoona’s ear, causing Yoona to wake up and rub her eyes tiredly.  

                “Neh?”

                “Good morning to you too!” Ara began to bustle around Yoona’s room, opening up the shutters, allowing the bright sun rays to come into the room. Yoona stared at Ara, wide-eyed, propping herself on her two elbows.

                “What smells so terrible?” Ara began to sniff herself before she reached over onto Yoona’s bed to smell Yoona, crinkling her nose in disgust afterwards.  “Oh. It’s you. Talk about BO!”

Yoona sniffed her t-shirt before innocently glancing at her friend. “What’s BO?”

                “Chinjia? BO is short for body odor. I’ve got a lot of teaching to do, I swear. It won’t be easy.” Ara sprayed the room with Febreze, trying to remove Yoona’s body odor from the room.

                “Now go!” Ara lightly shoved Yoona out of the room before handing Yoona a towel and a navy blue summer dress.

                “Wait. Go where?” Yoona titled her head, completely unaware what Ara was talking about.

                “Chinjia?!? Go to the bathroom to shower! Now the bathroom’s just across from this room. You think you can handle that?” Ara face palmed.

                “N-Neh.” Yoona nodded, shutting the bathroom door behind her. One second later, Yoona’s head popped out from the door.

                “Ara? Eh…Mianhae…But, I don’t know how to turn on this thing.” Yoona gestured to the showerhead.

                “Yoona…Okay, keep this in mind, because I won’t teach you again.” Ara dropped the blanket she was currently folding and walked over to the bathroom, where she taught Yoona how to turn on the showerhead and the sink’s faucet.

                “Before you leave Ara…” Yoona called out when Ara was about change out of her pajamas.

                “Neh?”

                “I need to go take a dump…So where do I do it? Where’s the hole or bucket?” Yoona smiled sweetly.

“Aigo Yoona!! Remember, we’re in the 21st century now. Not the 14th century where you’re from. There are no more holes or buckets. There’s something called a toilet, which is that.” Ara jeered her thumb towards the white appliance in the corner of the bathroom. “When you’re done taking a dump, you push down this, and it’ll magically disappear!” Ara exclaimed with loads of sarcasm in her tone. Yoona was fascinated, as she mischievously flushed the toilet, watching the water swirl and disappear.

“IT’S SO MAGICAL! Oh! This is my first time showering by myself; the maid won’t be here to help me! I’m so excited!” Ara heard Yoona blurt out as she left the bathroom. Ara laughed to herself before going back to her own room to change for the ahead of her.

~~~~

                “So this is called a purse, that’s called jeans, and over there? You see it? Yeah, that’s sunglasses. You can pick out some clothes for your new wardrobe, but I get the final say because after all, I’m buying it.”

                “Neh! Be back in a few!” Yoona cheerfully skipped away to the clothing racks. Ara sighed to herself, but she smiled happily at her friend. Yoona’s jubilant aura was so powerful, that it managed to bring back Ara’s deepest, and darkest memories.

~~~~

<>

“Noona!” A cheerful voice called out to Go Ara, who was sitting on the park bench, viewing the trees around her as she fiddled with her hair.

                “Hm? Oh it’s you Hyomin. What on earth have you been doing? Were you rolling in mud?” Ara looked down at her little sister who had brown stains on her clothes.

                “No!” Hyomin protested, while giggling loudly.

                “Oh yes you were!! You bad girl!!” Ara began to tickle her little sister, which Hyomin began to laugh uncontrollably.

                “Unnie! That tic—kles!”

                “I know it does.” Ara continued to tickle her little sister.

                “S-Stop Unnie! Hehehehehe!” Hyomin cried out in protest as tears leaked out of her big adorable brown eyes.

                “Alright. I’ll stop. That’s because I love you so much Hyomin!” Ara exclaimed, playfully tapping her six-year old sister’s round nose. Truth was, Ara was actually really thirsty, and she felt sort of light-headed. Her younger sister seemed to have noticed it too.

                “Unnie! Are you alright?” Hyomin’s worried voice rang in Ara’s head causing a slight headache.

                “N-Neh…” Ara collapsed onto the park bench, beginning to see black spots. Hyomin felt her sister’s parched lips, troubled.

                “Unnie! I’ll be back! Hyomin will get you some water!” Ara was too drowsy to nod, she just sort of… out. When Ara woke up, she was in the hospital with her parents glaring furiously at her. Ara was bewildered. What had she done wrong? Then she noticed. There was no cheery voice to comfort her, no bear hugs, no more Hyomin.

~~~~

<>

                Ara dropped her head, feeling solemn with the thought of her younger sister Hyomin, lingering in her mind. How much Yoona acted like Hyomin, it was impossible to describe.

                “Ara! Is this okay?” Yoona held up a crème colored shirt with a nice lace bow on the top to add a nice touch to it.

                “Neh! Let me look at the rest. Meanwhile, go choose some accessories, and pick out more clothes, because I swear, that’s not enough to fill your wardrobe.”

                “Okay! Kamsahamnida!” Yoona grinned before turning to the purses set out on the glass tables. She looked so focused, choosing between two bags in the mirror, posing along the way. I swear, by the second, Yoona is just like Hyomin. Oh Hyomin, mianhae. Noona was such a bad sister. Mianhae. Ara thought, before continuing to judge Yoona’s taste in clothes. Surprisingly, even if Yoona came from the 14th century, her taste was not bad at all. In fact, it was all in style, with all the brand names. After Yoona returned with two top-of-the line handbags and an expensive pair of sunglasses in her hand, Ara knew there was some fashionista in Yoona that just got discovered.

                “You done Yoona?” Ara’s friendly tone rang in the store.

                “Yup!”

                “So we can go to another store now?”

                “Sure!” After Ara had paid for everything, Yoona’s lip trembled. Even though Yoona was a spoiled princess, she still knew she had to repay her friend.

                “Mianhae Ara. I’ll promise to pay you back. Somehow!” Yoona exclaimed as they walked into a shoe store.

                “You’re funny Yoona. You don’t even have a job! It’s okay, I got it. I have a pretty well-paid job, so I can pay for it. It’s fine.”

                “No. I’ll find a job somehow!” Yoona protested, feeling guilty.

                “Yoona, you repaid me already by being my friend. It’s a-okay!”

                “But…Ara-“

                “End of discussion! Now if you want my money well spent, you better go buy several pairs of shoes. Besides, we can share shoes! Please?”

                “Alright.” Yoona nodded, as she began to skim the shoe store.

~~~~

                “Order whatever you want! It’s on me.” Ara sighed, taking a gulp of an ice cold cup of water.

                “Okay…” Yoona thumbed through the menu, not finding anything satisfying to eat.

                “They have a completely different cuisine compared to the palace!” Yoona blurted.

                “Well yes, that’s because there’s an 800 year difference. I can order if you would like.” Ara rolled her eyes playfully.

                “That’d be great!” Yoona took a sip of her coffee. Ever since Ara introduced Yoona to coffee, it was pretty much love at first sight, because Yoona constantly drank coffee. After Ara had ordered for the duo, they both began eating the side dishes set out.

                “So what’s the well-paid job you mentioned before? Because I think you’re some sort of millionaire, flinging around your money by shopping.” Yoona stuck out her tongue after she bit into her kimchi.

                “I actually work for an entertainment company, and I’m at a pretty high ranking, so yes, I get paid pretty well.”

                “Well, that explains a lot. So what’s the entertainment company called?”

                “GGG.” Ara wiped with a napkin.  

                “That’s an odd name!” Yoona laughed.

                “I guess so! But not as odd as last time when you didn’t even know where to take a dump. Psh-ya!” Ara snickered.

                “Hey! That’s not very nice! Remember, I come from the past, how would you expect me to know where to take a dump anyways.”

                “Whatever! Ooooo! Here comes our kimchi pancakes! My favorite!” Ara giggled like a little girl while clapping, which amused Yoona very much.

~~~~

                “So Yoona? You know how you said you’d pay me back somehow?” Ara asked as they drove home in Ara’s expensive Porsche.

                “Yeah, what about it?”

                “Well, you know how I work for GGG, the entertainment company?” Ara anticipated an answer from Yoona.

                “Well, you know what happened to my blunt friend Go Ara?” Yoona laughed.

                “Psh. Well I like to be blunt whenever I want to be. Psh-ya. Chinjia, stop distracting me. Where was I? Oh right. So they’re hiring female models for the newest edition of our company fashion magazine and you would repay me by being one of the models!” Ara drummed her fingers on the steering wheel.

                “So basically, my job is to look good and pose?”

                “Technically speaking, yes. A little addition to that, you pose in front of a camera and smile.”

                “Okay, but what’s a magazine? Oh! And what’s a camera?”

                “So you agree?” Ara asked anxiously.

                “Did you not hear my ‘okay’?” Yoona rebutted. Ara smiled in reply.

                “So what’s a magazine and a camera?” Here we go again. Ara silently thought before she began to explain pretty much everything that she thought Yoona had to know to fit into the 21st century. Fortunately, Yoona was a quick learner and remembered everything Ara had said. When they reached Ara’s colossal apartment, Ara got out of the car while telling Yoona, “You’re starting work tomorrow. You’re coming to work with me.”

                “Okay.” Yoona nodded, nervous for tomorrow already. Her first job ever, the princess personality in Yoona was beginning to fade away. Each and every second, Yoona began to adjust to the 21st century. 

~~~~

hi! (: okay! so the second chapter is posted up, like i said before, the story will start out slow, please bear with me! i promise you, the next chapter will be much more exciting! (or at least i hope so. :P) anyways, so in this chapter, parts of Go Ara's past is revealed. it sort of hints that there's possiblites of Ara being rich, but it doesn't mean its true. i mean her ex-boyfriend could've bought her lots of extravagant gifts before they broke up. its just a thought! i actually had lots of fun writing this one, because of the bathroom scene (where yoona sort of didn't know what was what) i actually nicknamed this chapter: the toilet chapter, but it just didn't seem to fit with the content! :P i'll be back for more updates! kekeke^^ oh so the: <> means that its flashback, but for some odd reason, it's not saying: start of flashback or end of flashback. >.< odd! huh? kekeke^^