Chapter Five

From the Past

 

It’s been two months since Yoona bumped into Yong Hwa, and they clicked to each other instantly. They started a relationship after going on several dates, leaving Yoona in a dreamy state when she came back home. Ara was secretly glad that Taecyeon’s plan worked better than expected.

                “How was it?” Ara smiled at Yoona, looking up from her MacBook.

                “Hehehehe.” Yoona blushed, exchanging her high heels for slippers.

                “I’m assuming it was good.” Ara laughed at Yoona’s rosy cheeks.

                “N-Neh. He took me out to a really fancy restaurant…” Yoona sighed with happiness, plopping down next to Ara.

                “Yoona, you’ve been going on several dates with Yong Hwa, so how do you feel about him? Like honestly, we’re all best friends here. Tell me!” Ara slammed down the top of her laptop, setting it on the coffee table.

                “Well…I knew the time would come that I would have to tell you…” Yoona sighed in defeat, crossing her arms.

                “So?” Ara waited patiently for Yoona’s reply.

                “You know how Taecyeon is from the Joseon dynasty? And I sort of freaked out because I was so thrilled my love was finally here with me…but he thought I was lying just to get close with him. Honestly, that week was the worse seven days in my life. But then, on that Sunday when we were at the movie theater…All of a sudden, Jung Yong Hwa appeared in my life…You know that term, love at first sight? Most people don’t believe in it…but I do. For some reason, I felt like happy all of a sudden, especially when I had recently got my heart broken. In the darkest days, Yong Hwa was there for me, and I think…I love him.” Yoona smiled bitter sweetly, recalling the dark memories from two months ago.

                “Neh. Yoona, as your best friend, I support you no matter what! I’m glad you finally found someone that equally appreciates you!” Ara hugged Yoona tightly, but she lied…Taecyeon did love Yoona, but…he was just too stubborn.

                “Neh! I’ll go shower now, we have work tomorrow!” Yoona nodded before heading off to the bathroom. Ara nodded and picked up her iPhone, dialing Taecyeon’s number.

~~~~

                ‘Hey Taecyeon, it’s me Ara. You want to hear something really interesting?’ Ara laughed lightly in a teasing manner.

                ‘What?’

                ‘Your love, Yoona, might possibly be in love with your best friend Yong Hwa.’

                ‘…’

                ‘Why are you so stubborn Taecyeon? You will regret it, and I know you will. Sooner or later, you will regret for not telling Yoona you love her.’

                ‘…Is that all you wanted to tell me?’

                ‘You don’t feel hurt, at all? Anything?’

                ‘If I should feel something, then all I feel towards Yoona and Yong Hwa is to wish them the best of luck.’

                ‘You’re really pathetic Taecyeon.’ With that said, Ara hung up, throwing her iPhone carelessly on the coffee table.

                “He will regret it…They will love each other for a thousand years and a thousand more…Their love is unbreakable.” Ara muttered to herself. Feeling exhausted, Ara slipped on her shoes and walked over to her room to go to sleep, preparing for the next day ahead of her.

~~~~

                “Anyong Yoona! Eunjung wants to see you in her room.” Jiyeon saw Yoona coming towards her in high stilettos and a cotton black strapless dress.

                “Neh.” Yoona set down her purse making her way up the staircase.

                “Anyong-“ Yoona pushed open the door seeing Eunjung talking to Taecyeon.

                “Oh hi Yoona, please, sit down.” Eunjung gestured towards the empty seat next to Taecyeon.

                “N-N-Neh.”

                “There’s a photo shoot taking place in America, and all of the entertainment companies are sending two models to go. One male, one female. I’ve already talked it out with Ara, and she agreed to let you two go together. We will be paying for your stay in America, so no need to worry about the money.” Eunjung explained, fiddling with the pencil in her hand.

                “When is this trip taking place?” Taecyeon asked.

                “One month from now, but you have two weeks to think about this offer so we can plan out everything. The sooner, the better.”

                “Do we have to go?” Yoona twirled with one of her curls feeling uncomfortable with the thought of Taecyeon always by her side.

                “Why not Yoona? This is a great opportunity, especially since we’re paying. If you have your reasons to not go, then we’ll have to resort to other models…but I’m sure Ara really wants you to go.”

                “Neh…I’ll think about it.” Yoona nodded her head slowly.

                “Me too.” Taecyeon stood up. “If that’s it, me and Yoona need to prepare for today’s photo shoot.”

                “Neh. Good luck.” Eunjung nodded, focusing on her computer screen. When Taecyeon and Yoona descended down the stairway, everybody swarmed them like little bees.

                “What did Eunjung want to talk to you about?” Jiyeon asked.

                “Yeah…is it bad?” Seohyun appeared next to Taecyeon’s side.

                “We need to get ready for a photo shoot, like soon. We’ll tell you later.” Taecyeon pushed through the crowd with Yoona following his lead.

~~~~

<>

                “Lame dork…newbie…Let’s get him!” A boy laughed at Taecyeon who was sitting silently on the bench reading a book.

                “Neh! Hey dork…you want to learn a lesson?” Another boy grabbed Taecyeon’s hand leading him to the boy’s restroom.

                “WEDGIE!!” The two boys laughed wickedly at Taecyeon who was staring at them with horror.

                “Stop, STOP IT!” Taecyeon cried.

                “Such a geek. BAHAHAH.”

                “Kris and Junsu…” A tall boy with thick black glasses glared at the two boys who were about to give Taecyeon a wedgie.

                “Yong Hwa…” The two boys bowed their heads in respect.

                “Pick on someone your own size. Just because he’s new doesn’t mean he’s a geek. You guys are such immature boys. That’s why no one likes you. Now get out of my face and don’t bother him, ever again. Or else you’ll be hearing from the principal…” Yong Hwa raised his head high, acting superior.

                “Mianhae…” Kris and Junsu scurried out like little mice.

                “Mianhae…” Yong Hwa helped Taecyeon down from the wall. “They can act like such little kids, it’s unbelievable. What’s your name?”

                “Ok…Ok…Taecyeon..” Taecyeon stuttered, blessed for Yong Hwa.

                “I’m Jung Yong Hwa. Pleasure meeting you. Wanna eat lunch together?” Yong Hwa stuck out his hand for Taecyeon to shake.

                “Neh.” Taecyeon shook Yong Hwa’s hand. Taecyeon was just a mere fifteen year old when he got transported in time. He met Ara in the middle of the street, and she was really nice about everything, setting him up for a private school, giving him a home, all that stuff. But they couldn’t really hang out, because Ara was dating someone, and she didn’t want her boyfriend to misunderstand. So Taecyeon was basically friend-less, until he met Yong Hwa. Yong Hwa was like his big brother, someone who protected him from everything. So on that day Yong Hwa saved Taecyeon, they became the best of friends.

<>

~~~~

                “I need to tell Yong Hwa about this…” Yoona muttered to herself as she looked at the fashion designs in front of her. “Will this be a good idea? Going to America?” Taecyeon overheard what Yoona was whispering. He too was wondering if he should go to America. After Taecyeon’s and Yoona’s fight, it was uncomfortable just sitting next to each other. More the less even go to a foreign country together. If Yong Hwa shared mutual feelings for Yoona, then Taecyeon wouldn’t go to America at all…But Yoona going with some other male model to America…It made Taecyeon protective over Yoona…Taecyeon decided he would talk to Yong Hwa tonight.

~~~~

                ‘Hey buddy!’ Taecyeon said cheerfully.

                ‘Anyong.’

                ‘So I heard you and Yoona are faring pretty well…’

                ‘I guess.’

                ‘Hyung, can I ask you a question?’

                ‘Neh.’

                ‘How do you feel towards Yoona?’

                ‘She’s not bad, she’s actually pretty friendly compared to other girls I dated. She’s also amazingly beautiful.’

                ‘Do you…love her?’ Taecyeon choked out the word love, remembering his and Ara’s conversation.

                ‘Love? Taec, you know me. I don’t love anything. Except coffee and bacon.’ Yong Hwa laughed.

                ‘…’

                ‘Taec?’

                ‘There’s a possibility Yoona loves you.’ There. Taecyeon said it.

                ‘CHINJIA?’

                ‘Chinjia…’

                ‘Taec, I didn’t plan to go this far…I just planned to help you…’

                ‘Well can you do me a favor?’ Taecyeon rubbed his temples tiredly.

                ‘Do I still owe you?’

                ‘Neh.’

                ‘Fine. What do you want?’

                ‘Try to love Yoona.’ Taecyeon mustered as his heart pained while he said those four words.

~~~~

                “Yong Hwa Oppa? I need to talk to you.” Yoona smiled over her Android.

                “Tonight? Alright. You’ll pick me up? Neh. See you then!” Yoona smiled at the thought of Yong Hwa, walking over to her room to change into a fancy formal dress.

                “I love you Yong Hwa.” Yoona flashed a smile in the mirror as the arranged appointment was drawing closer.

~~~~

                ‘Do I still owe you?’

                ‘Neh.’

                ‘Fine. What do you want?’

                ‘Try to love Yoona.

                Yong Hwa constantly replayed Taecyeon’s sentence in his head…Try to love Yoona? Impossible. Even though he may not seem like it, Yong Hwa was a player. A jerk, who always two-timed, always broke girls hearts. He didn’t care about the girl’s feelings. As long as he could play with them, that’s all he wanted. But this time, a girl actually saying he loved him…Now that’s just unbelievable.

                Yong Hwa grew up as the only child, with both parents as one of the richest people to live in Seoul. They never cared for him, always work before Yong Hwa. He soon grew to loathe his parents, and he adjusted to that feeling of being unloved. Yong Hwa never learned the word love, he only was taught the word: neglect and hate. So you could see why Yong Hwa was a player, so he could show how he felt in his childhood days…But to love someone that he barely even knew? That’s hard, even when you’re taught how to love. But he owed Taecyeon big time, he literally owed Taecyeon his life.

~~~~

                “Hi Oppa!” Yoona gently kissed Yong Hwa’s cheek when he opened the door for her.

                “Hi.” He made way over to the drive’s side, getting into his Mercedes-Benz.

                “Now where do you want to go?” Yong Hwa adjusted the rearview mirror as he gunned the engine.

                “Hm…Let’s go to the beach, our first date!” Yoona suggested while laughing lightly.

                “Neh. But let’s go to dinner first, alright?”

                “Neh!”

~~~~

                “Oppa, I have something to tell you…” Yoona leaned against Yong Hwa’s shoulder as they walked down the pier holding hands.

                “Hm?” Yong Hwa was scared, but he was good at not showing it. Yoona’s going to tell she loves me isn’t she…Do I lie and say I love her?

                “My boss offered an opportunity for me to go to America for a modeling photo shoot…I don’t know if I should go, I don’t want to leave you alone…” Yoona sighed.

                “America? That’s so far away.” Yong Hwa dropped his head down, blessed Yoona didn’t confess.

                “Neh, that’s why I don’t know if I should go…Taecyeon also got offered the same opportunity…”

With the mention of Taecyeon, Yong Hwa said, “You should go, it is a really good opportunity. And if they’re paying for you, definitely you should go.”

                “Neh, they’re paying for me…they’re paying for the entire trip…I’m just not sure…”

                “If you feel bad leaving me alone, it’s okay. This is something work related, you must go!” Yong Hwa said with a bitter tone, reminded of his parents.

                “No, nothing comes before you.” Yoona peered into Yong Hwa’s eyes. Yong Hwa gaze softened. That was a first…All the girls Yong Hwa dated before would have said different things, but Yoona? She was a special case…Yong Hwa kissed Yoona full on the lips, which surprised Yoona, but she managed to kiss back encircling her arms around his neck. Fireworks shot in the sky, breaking their kiss.

                “It’s so beautiful...” Yoona laughed glancing at the waves crashing on the sandy shore.

                “Neh…Just like you.” Yong Hwa threw his arm around Yoona’s shoulders while Yoona leaned against his shoulder. Maybe it isn’t so hard to love someone after all. Yong Hwa thought.

~~~~

                ‘Taec, you won’t believe it!’ Yong Hwa cheerfully spoke into his phone.

                ‘What? What happened?’

                ‘It’s not so hard to love someone after all!’

                ‘What happened?’

                ‘Well, hehehehe!’

                ‘Spit it out!’

                ‘We went to the beach. Yoona and I…she told me about that modeling opportunity, I told her to go…but she told me nothing comes before me…and I was just blown away! So afterwards…we kissed.’

                ‘…Look, Yong Hwa, I got to go. See ya!’ Taecyeon hung up without waiting for Yong Hwa to say anything. 

~~~~

                From the other end, Taecyeon’s lip was trembling with fury. He punched the wall with all his strength, causing his hand to bleed.

                ‘…So afterwards…we kissed.’ Taecyeon didn’t know their relationship would go so far…They kissed? Taecyeon moaned with heartache as he stood up to go to the bathroom to get gauze for his hand.

~~~~

                “Hehehehe!” Yoona came back with rosy cheeks.

                “What happened?”

                “Ommo! ARA!! You won’t believe it!! M-M-Me and…Yong Hwa…We…Hehehe!”

                “What happened? What did he do to you? Did he hurt you-“

                “No of course not! He…we…hehehe!”

                “…Spill!”

                “We kissed…” Yoona walked to the bathroom, leaving Ara struck with shock. They kissed??! Ara was beyond shocked. She quickly dialed Taecyeon’s number.

                ‘Taecyeon…did you hear about-‘

                ‘I know…I know.’ Taecyeon moaned.

                ‘Are you okay?’

                ‘You’re right Ara. I regret it. So much.’

                ‘You love her still right?’

                ‘Neh!’

                ‘Then you have to fight back, and fight back hard.’

                ‘How do I do that?’

                ‘Easy. Say the deal’s off with Yong Hwa.’

                ~~~~

hi guys! i finished writing chapter five-yay!! :D fast update!! (: kekeke^^ so i hope you guys enjoy chapter five! i apologize for making all my chapters short...on microsoft word it says i write like 7 pages for one chapter..to me, that's a lot. >.< hahaha^^ SO. what did you guys think about that kiss exchanged between yong hwa and yoona? (: AND HOW ABOUT THAT END? hahahaha^^ if some of you like yong hwa, i'm sorry for making him a player...someone had to be the bad guy, and i guess it had to be him. :P but he might not be that bad..he had his reasons...his history with his family...that made him what he is today. so technically, it's his parents fault too. :P who knows, maybe yong hwa might end up with yoona...or taecyeon might end up with yoona...(; STAY IN TUNE TO FIND OUT!! 

p.s. the poll is below, and i'd really appreciate it if you voted for it! just one click, and you can help me a lot!!! :D i'll keep the poll on just for a little while! (: i'll update maybe tomorrow or the day after, depending on whether or not i want to be a long chapter. POSSIBLY, this story might be halfway done...so that means chapter ten-FINAL!! :O (; stay in tune!! 

 

super p.s. (kekeke^^) if you voted other (which at the moment, no one did) please message me, post on my wall, comment below, it doesn't matter; then tell me who you want Ara to date. i'll take your person into consideration!! :D also, there will be another poll related to songs...i made a soundtrack for it..SO. vote!! (: THANK YOUU.