Chapter Four

From the Past

 

“You okay Yoona? You look sorta out of it today.” Ara creased her forehead with worry, before muttering under her breath, “Which is not a good day, especially when you have a photo shoot.” Ara’s friend in front of her looked zoned out, not even touching her cereal which was starting to get soggy due to the milk.

                “Yoona? Yoona?” Ara shook Yoona’s silky smooth hand, with a troubled expression plastered onto her face.

                “Wha? Neh?” Yoona rubbed her eyes tiredly, stifling a yawn. Until now, Ara hadn’t noticed how red Yoona’s eyes were, and her anxiety grew.

                “What’s wrong Yoona?” Ara found it quite odd how Taecyeon left without saying anything (which was not how Taecyeon usually handled matters), and Yoona did not mention about Taecyeon’s disappearance when Ara came back from last night’s meeting.  

                “N-N-Nothing. I-I-I got to go back to the room…I don’t feel too well…” Yoona bit her lip as she began to run back to her room, locking it behind herself. If something wasn’t wrong with Ara’s eye, Yoona was crying, tears leaking out silently. Ara finally realized, and began pounding at Yoona’s door, demanding her to open up, but as Ara figured, Yoona would never open the door. Ara finally gave in, and began to get ready for work.

~~~~

                At last, Ara dressed up in her sleek black business suit, she tried knocking at Yoona’s door one last time.

                “Look, Yoona, we’re all friends here. I actually consider us to be best friends, but friends or not, I want to know what’s wrong. You’re worrying me here Yoona. Please don’t do this to me.” No reply, not even a sound. Ara face fell, turning to leave for work.

                “M-Mianhae Ara…I can’t go back to work, especially not with…T-T-Tae-Cyeon.” Yoona hiccupped loudly from behind the door as she emotionally crumbled down while tears began to flow out.

                “Oh Yoona…I understand, I really do…” Ara nodded even though Yoona couldn’t see her reaction.

                “Mianhae!!” To Ara’s surprise, Yoona swung open the door, practically leaping into Ara’s arms.

                “He—He’s—From—Joseon—Changed—Loved—Him.” Yoona wept in Ara’s jacket, before noticing what she had done.

                “Mianhae…Your jacket…” Yoona attempted to wipe off her snot, but it just made it worse.

                “I’ll go change…But later. You want to talk it out?” Ara soothed Yoona with a soft and gentle voice.

                “N-N-No, you have w-w-work. More important matters to attend to.” Yoona sadly smiled, wiping away her tears.

                “When it comes to you breaking down, nothing comes before this.” Ara wrapped her arm around Yoona’s hunched shoulders.

                “Go to work. I’ll be fine…” Yoona pulled on a strained smile.

                “I won’t go to work unless you go with me.” Ara pulled Yoona’s blouse and a pencil skirt out from the closet.

                “You wear this, I go change.” Ara motioned towards her room next door.

                “But…” Yoona protested, but Ara stopped her from continuing.

                “I won’t go to work unless you go with me. And you know how important work is, especially how I’m the CEO of GGG Entertainment Company!”

                “N-Neh.” Yoona nodded hesitantly, but Ara was right.

~~~~

                “Ara…Please, I don’t want to go back into that department…” Yoona pointed at the seventh floor button.

                “You’ll have to go back sooner or later, why not now? Face your fears Yoona. You got this all under control!” Ara raised a fist in the air, before she continued. “You just won’t do the photo shoot today, I’ll push it back.” Ara began to furiously press her iPhone in her hand. Yoona placed her hand onto Ara’s forearm.

                “Can I not be a model anymore? It’s just that…” Yoona glanced down at the floor, feeling awkward at the mention of Taecyeon.

                “Yoona…” Ara trailed her friend’s name while looking at the petite girl in front of her. Yoona’s eyes were still puffy from crying last night, but Ara knew not to push Yoona too far before Yoona would physically break. She’ll just have to reconsider it later.

                “I’ll think about it. But as for now, just work as hard as you can with those fashion designs!” Ara smiled widely, as the elevator dinged to an open at the seventh floor.

                “I’m late to work…what do I tell Eunjung?” Yoona finally acknowledged the fact of her tardiness.

                “She’ll notice…” Ara glanced warily at her friend. “If not, tell her to call me.” Yoona nodded before the elevator closed, as it shot Ara up to the tenth floor.

                “Here goes nothing…” Yoona muttered before she went into the office.

~~~~

                “Ommo…what happened to Yoona?” Loud whispers spread as Yoona entered the room. She looked down with discomfort, attempting to locate her desk. On the way, she bumped into someone. Someone, as in, Taecyeon.

                “Yoona…” Taecyeon started, but Yoona ignored him and walked towards her desk, trying to focus on the stack of papers in front of her.

                “Where’s Yoon-“ Eunjung stepped out onto her balcony before staring down at her new employee.

                “Oh. There you are…Well okay…” Eunjung nodded awkwardly before heading back into her office. Yoona finally realized what Ara meant by ‘she’ll notice.’ Of course, Yoona’s puffy eyes and red nose! The entire morning, with the thought of Taecyeon sitting right next to her, Yoona couldn’t focus whatsoever. Finally, Yoona had enough. With those glances shot in her direction, Yoona felt like the odd one, the one who stood out. She hated leaving in the middle of work, but she couldn’t take it anymore. Yoona grabbed her purse, and hurriedly told Jiyeon that she had to leave for she wasn’t feeling well and to pass it onto her boss. Jiyeon agreed, looking worried at the same time. Yoona left without looking back and she ran in the direction of the woman’s restroom.

                Taecyeon felt guilty and had a sudden urge to run after Yoona. So he did, except in a more calm fashion compared to her. “I need to go to the restroom.” Everybody looked up at Taecyeon curiously before focusing back onto their work. When Taecyeon caught up to Yoona, she was five feet away from him, kneeling on the marble floor bawling.

                “Appa, what did I do wrong? I only loved him, and I get this in return? I should’ve stayed…I wouldn’t be in this alien world…Maybe that prince could have been better than him…It’s too late…I miss you Appa…” Yoona stared up at the ceiling feeling lonely. Little did she know that Taecyeon was hiding behind a column, hearing everything she had said. Taecyeon needed to remain strong, he had to. But…the girl he loved so much was breaking down. Because of him. And his silly reasons. Taecyeon was dying inside, crumbling down, piece by piece. All those words Yoona said…they damaged him in such a way, that they couldn’t do any damage to any other.

                “Yoona…” Taecyeon whispered softly in pain. Yoona looked around before she headed towards the elevator trying her best to be discreet about her crying. Then it popped into Taecyeon’s brain. The perfect plan for Yoona to get over Taecyeon. He smiled smugly to himself before heading back to the office.

~~~~

                “Anyong hyung! Neh! We haven’t seen each other since ages! You’re staying in Korea? Neh. Yup. I’m still single, but not ready to mingle. What about you?” Taecyeon laughed quietly as he spoke into his Black Berry.  From his bedroom window, Taecyeon looked out onto the Seoul skyline, as the bright, yet harsh lights dotted the sky.

                “Neh! That’s good! I found this girl who I think is-“ Taecyeon drawled on, nodding along the way before hanging up. Im Yoona, mianhae for everything I’ve done to you. Hopefully this will make up for it. I love you.

~~~~

                “After dinner, if it’s fine with you, we go get us some big tubs of ice cream and rent some romance movie!” Ara smiled at Yoona who was silently sitting across from her.

                “Yoona?”

                “Neh? Movie? Sure.” Yoona nodded solemnly .

                “Okay!” Ara knew the perfect way to rid of Yoona’s sorrows. Of course, the cliché, to eat off your sorrows with ice cream.

~~~~

                “Gah! Why did she have to die? Out of all people!! Ommo!” Yoona scooped a large helping of mint and chip ice cream into .

                “I know!! I liked her too!” Ara wiped at her tears with a tissue after the main character of the movie had died due to brain tumor.

                “Good movie!!” Yoona cried, mouth full with ice cream.

                “Neh!” Ara nodded as she began to see Yoona brighten up a bit. Somehow, Ara was going to find out the fishy details between Yoona and Taecyeon. Somehow…If Yoona’s not saying anything, then we’ll have to resort to Taecyeon.

~~~~

                ‘Taecyeon, I need to talk to you. Like, now.’

                ‘Alright, where?’

                ‘The park, where we first met.’

                ‘Neh.’

~~~~

                “What did you do to my best friend? She’s practically a disaster. Not talking, always quiet. She won’t eat unless I force her to. What have you done?”

                “She won’t eat?” Taecyeon gasped with horror.

                “You see what you’ve done? Speak now, and maybe your punishment will be less severe.” Ara glared at her relative.

                “I…”

                “You told her didn’t you? I told you not to, not yet at least. This is what would have happened. How could you?”

                “I couldn’t resist it…I missed her too much…”

                “You should have waited. When she actually adjusted. C’mon now. You should have been reasonable Taecyeon.”

                “Neh. It’s my fault…” Taecyeon looked down at the grass, filled with guilty.

                “Just try avoiding her…you’re only rubbing salt to the open wound. You’re not helping you know that right.”

                “Neh, and that’s why…” Taecyeon smirked. “I’ve got a perfect plan. But you have to help me.”

                “If it means Yoona will be happy, anything.”

~~~~

                “C’mon Yoona! It’ll be fun, going to the movies with some of my friends!” Ara nudged at her best friend who sat as still as a statue.

                “I thought you said all of your friends left you.” Yoona replied, poking at her chicken.

                “Most, but a few have been quite loyal.” Ara smiled, though she felt quite hurt from Yoona’s blunt statement.

                “They’re probably family friends. Can’t leave you. It’s a friendship family bond.” Yoona glanced at her nails, totally carefree.

                “Maybe.”

                “Not a maybe, it’s a yes. So what movie?” Ara was surprised. Yoona had changed drastically this past week. From utterly quiet, from being so blunt that it actually hurt other people’s feelings.

                “You’ll see.” Ara smiled, in high hopes Taecyeon’s plan would flow out smoothly.

~~~~

                “So which one should we watch? Ooo! I heard that movie was really good!” Ara pointed at the movie screenings.

                “Whatever doesn’t matter,” Yoona curtly replied, looking around.

                “As long as we get popcorn, we’re fine?” Ara sarcastically teased Yoona.

                “In fact, yes.” Yoona stuck out her tongue.

                “Alright. Mister, could we have-“ Ara’s voice was not to be heard anymore. Yoona began to walk around until someone bumped into her.

                “Mianhae…” A charming, but deep voice sounded, causing Yoona to look up shyly.

                “It’s okay…” Yoona blushed furiously for some unknown reason. The man in front of her was handsome, yet he was cute at the same time.

                “Anyong. I’m  Jung Yong Hwa.” He grinned sweetly at her which sent chills all over Yoona’s spine. Something that never happened, unless she was talking to Taecyeon…

~~~~

heyy! (: this is probably a record, updating twice in one day!! :D i'm making up for the delayed update from chapter two to chapter three! :D yupp! (: i apologize if this chapter isn't that great, i sort of rushed through it. >.< but yes!! taecyeon loves yoona, but he wants yoona to get over him. to forget him..hmm...maybe that's not a good choice, taecyeon. but no worries, b/c later on in the story, he'll realize it. (MAYBE.) but moving onto jung yong hwa. yes, from c.n. blue(: kekeke^^ i've actually never written about him in any fanfic, so this is a first!! :D so yong hwa probably has history with taecyeon because he's so willing to do anything for taecyeon...hmm...mysterious(; hahaha!! :D STAY IN TUNED FOR THE FOLLOWING CHAPTERS! everything will be explained later on, and things might not turn out how they seem as of now!! 
 

p_s: THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE SUBSCRIPTIONS AND COMMENTS! i'm really glad!! (: each and every one are special to me in every way! (: b/c of your subscriptions and comments, it actually motivated me to continue on with the story!! :D thank you guys so much. and i honestly can not express my gratitude in words, it's beyond that. :D YOU GUYS ROCK! :)