Happy New Year!!

Be Loved (IWTMYFB)

So a new year is a upon us and this fic really should have been over forever ago but, alas, the universe is her own and won't let this pesky human interfere with her machinations.

Firstly, I want to wish you guys all the best in this upcoming year. I, for one, am certainly hoping for better. I'm sure you guys understand. Secondly, I want to thank you all for your patience and for sticking with me during my time off. It was tough but I got through it, am still getting through it, and I appreciate all your kind words and well wishes. I read every single comment so even if I don't respond to all, your thoughts and opinions are definitely being heard.

Speaking of which, I'm vacillating between being the evil biznitch that I can't help being sometimes and polishing off my halo and returning to my old angelic ways. Oh, it is a hard decision but...I really just like playing with you guys and since so many of you have cussed me out in the past 48hrs, I think you deserve it. Muhahaha!!!!!

But seriously, I know a lot of you are freaking out about what happened in the latest update and what's coming up next and well...I decided to address some of your concerns. Some of you actually were spot on in your suspicions so kudos to you. Here, have a cookie:

 

  1. Lukai is not endgame. One thing you should know about me is that I don't really write about couples that I don't ship and I don't, nor have I ever, shipped them. So put your minds at ease where that's concerned. I apologize to the Lukai shippers for crushing their hopes in advance. *pat pat*
  2. Just because Lukai isn't happening doesn't mean Hunhan is. Sorry, but one pairing being out of the running doesn't automatically make the other the default "winner".
  3. There will be a happy ending...but happy doesn't necessarily equal Hunhan. Realistically, and if you know my style then you know that I'm all about sticking as close to real life as possible, it would make perfect sense for none of them to end up together or for them to end up with completely different people say, perhaps, in the distant future. Maybe Luhan will say to hell with it all and go back to China to start afresh. Maybe Sehun will return to New York. I can't promise you guys that one couple will come out on top but I can promise that they, all three, will at least be content with where they are in life by the end. If I was going to be really reaslistic, then I'd give them an ending like the one in the She Will Be Loved MV, since that's the source material, but even I'm not that evil. I think...
  4. Luhan will go back to China.
  5. Sehun will go back to New York.
  6. Things will get worse before they get better.
  7. Sehun will get involved with someone else.
  8. Kai's secret affair will be revealed but...all isn't as it seems.
  9. Hunhan will hookup again (at least once more) before all is said and done.
  10. You will forgive me whatever emotional-rollercoaster of an ending I decide to throw your way

 

I hope that this has been informative. Try not to freak out even more and just...brace yourselves. And look on the bright side: at least no one's going to end up in jail, a la The Crying Game, or dead, circa e-Sehun in Moonlight Encounters.

So....I'll probably tweak the chapter a bit cuz I haven't read it in its entirety yet and then I'm going to do my best to post the following chap next week *fingers crossed*. Until then...Happy New Year!

 

A/N: I could seriously be trolling you guys. Don't put it past me. But everything I said is true, it just may not be as dire as it sounds. Maybe...