The Homeless Boy

Destiny In A Bottle Found At Sea

 

Kyuhyun stood by the ocean waters edge, staring at the cold water as they came in waves towards him.
Yes, it was freezing cold for skinny Kyuhyun to be just standing there only in thin clothing while it’s snowing. But only the sea could calm him down; Hearing the loud rush of waves that could wash his worries away, or the smell of salty fresh water that covered all the disgusting memories and smells on his body. It was Kyuhyun’s world at the beach, only his world.

Kyuhyun closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, ignoring the stinging feel on his nose when he breathes in the freezing air. He let his breath back out after a moment, the warm air mixing with the cold air causing a cloud of mist escape his lips. He opened his eyes in surprise when something hard hits the tips of his worn out sneakers.
Kyuhyun bent forward and slowly picked up the small item.
It was a glass bottle. A small glass bottle, with a small piece of paper crumpled inside it.
He gently dried the bottle on his shirt so he could get a better grip on it, before trying to pry off the wooden cork.
When the bottle finally opened with a loud pop, Kyuhyun gently dumped the small scrap of paper out onto his hand, ignoring how cold the glass bottle felt against his frost bitten fingers.
With numb fingers, he slowly unraveled the sheet of paper, and read the words on it.

Love

That was all that was written on it. Just one word: Love.

Kyuhyun smiled slightly at the words. For some reason, that single piece of paper and word, spread comforting warmth slowly down his long fingers that held the scrap of paper, and slowly made its way to his arms and to his chest.
Love.
Simple as that.
But it was a strong word. A single word that can forever change someone’s life once they have met the destined one.

Whoever threw this bottle out to sea, must’ve been in search for their own destined lover. Just like Kyuhyun.
Kyuhyun has never felt completely loved before. His mother was the closest thing to love he could think of, but his mom was never home to take care of him much since she worked hard to pay for their daily needs. But when they do have time together, Kyuhyun cherishes the time as much as he can.
But now she’s dead. Gone. Leaving Kyuhyun all alone without love.

It didn’t feel right. Living upon earth with no one to care about you, to cheer you up when your down. Kyuhyun wanted nothing but love.


Yesung collapsed face first down onto his couch after a long day of training again. It was the same routine every day. Wake up at 6 in the morning, drink coffee, get ready for school, and then go to school, eat lunch, go to training, work part time at a club as a bartender from 7 pm to 12 pm, and then come home at midnight. Even though SUJU Entertainment pays him even as a trainee, ₩57926 (Around $50), and also pays for all the water, phone and dorm bill, Yesung still feels like he needs the extra money to also give him for his parents. It was a hard life. But a guaranteed successful life.

He got back up from the comfortable couch unwillingly after just laying there face down on the couch for five minutes. Yesung dragged himself into the kitchen to make himself a cup of fresh brewed coffee so he could study for the night for the test that was coming up in school.

He stood by the coffee machine as it slowly started to drip down into the pitcher.
It has been a whole week since Leeteuk has scouted that homeless boy, and his manager still did not get a reply from him. Luckily. Sadly.

Yesung was drumming his fingers impatiently upon the counter top, when suddenly there was a loud thump against his front door, followed by continuous, drunk-like knocks.
Yesung huffed in frustration, wondering who would be here at such a late time.
He hastily ran his short fingers through his shaggy dark hair in annoyance before walking towards the front door.

Yesung reached forward and opened the door, not bothering to hide the annoyed expression he had on.
“Okay, okay, geez, calm down-“ he started as the door swung open, but was interrupted when a heavy weight fell upon him. “Ah! What the fu-“

“Help me……please…….” A low voice slurred.

Yesung looked down at the figure in his arms, to see the homeless boy; the boy who Yesung accidentally pointed at and was no w future idol if he wanted to.

The problem wasn’t that the boy has just appeared at his dorm unexpectedly. The problem was that the boy was burning up pretty bad with a high fever.
Not to mention the dark bruises and bleeding cuts that peppered his pale, lanky body.

“What have you gotten yourself into?!” Yesung grumbled angrily, dragging the boy further into his dorm with some difficulties, and closed the door with his foot.

He finally dragged and dropped the boy down upon the guest room’s queen sized bad and stared at the sick figure in disgust.

“Water…..” the boy muttered weakly. “Water……”

Yesung sighed and left the room to the kitchen to grab the requested liquid. He turned off the coffee machine on his way, and grabbed a glass of water.
He found some cold medicine in a cabinet in the kitchen, before walking towards the bathroom to find the first-aid kit.

He heard soft groans of pain from the guest room as he entered the room with the needed items.

The poor boy was curled up tightly beneath the thick, sapphire blue covers, shivering uncontrollably.

“Come out. You’ve gotta eat the medicine.” Yesung said, nudging the trembling lump beneath he covers with his toe.

No Response.

He sighed and sat down by the headboard of the bed before reaching down and pushed the blankets down a little to pull the dirty boy up so he was now sitting up slightly, using Yesung’s shoulder for support.

“Here, drink this and then the water.” Yesung whispered, bringing the tiny cup of cold medicine syrup up to the boy’s thin lips.

The sick boy turned his head away slightly, wrinkling his nose in disgust.
“It’s bitter…..” he grumbled.

‘Shut up and drink it. Its cherry flavored. It’s sweet. Now drink.” Yesung lied, pressing the cup closer and the boy parted his lips obediently. The raven haired man tipped the cup up and let the thick, red liquid trickle slowly into the boy’s mouth.

The boy swallowed it slowly and made a face again. “Liar.” He said in a raspy voice.

“Who said I wasn’t.” Yesung smirked, before picking up a painkiller pill that he brought along with the cold medicine for the deep cuts and bruises along the boys thin body.
“Swallow this too. It’ll help with the pain.” He whispered.

 

The younger clamped his lips together tight and shook his head stubbornly, but winced when the movement cause him pain.

“Now! Come on, before I shove it up your !” Yesung said sharply, wanting the boy to take the medicine. A living human isn’t supposed to be so pale and cold at the touch. He felt like an ice cube that just didn’t seem to melt.

The boy shook his head and kept his lips tight shut.

Yesung snarled in frustration before reaching up and grabbed the boys jaw, and wrenched the boys jaw apart. When the boy’s lips were parted only just a centimeter, he shoved the somewhat large pill down the boys lips and poured the water into his mouth, forcing the boy to swallow it.

The boy swallowed it with some difficulties before coughing up some water that didn’t make it down. ‘I hate you…..” he groaned weakly, collapsing back down against Yesung’s shoulder who was trying to hold him up in a sitting position.

“No you don’t. I just saved your life.” Yesung said, gently laying the boy back down onto the pillow and pulled the covers up and around the boy’s slender shoulders.

There was a long silence that passed between them before Yesung decided that he should leave and let the boy rest a little before tending his wounds. He was half way across the room towards the door, thinking the boy was asleep already, when the sick boy finally spoke up.

“…..thanks.” he whispered softly.

Yesung turned back to stare at the still, dark figure on the sapphire blue bed in surprise.

“Good night.” He said back in reply after a moment, and closed the door behind him after he stepped out.

 

 

 

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!