The Trust I've Lost

Destiny In A Bottle Found At Sea

 

 

***NOTE***: Hey! Sorry, there will be some typos >.<

 

Heechul looked up boredly from the fashion magazine he was flipping through when he heard and felt two new bodies join him at the lunch table at school.

“Oh, hey guys…..How’re you doing Yesung? Kyuhyun hasn’t been nagging you has he?” Heechul asked, raising an eyebrow as he closed his magazine.

Yesung looked up at the elder a little before pulling his notepad out of his bag along with a pencil, and scribbled something down onto it.

I’m fine. And no, he hasn’t been nagging me. He wrote, before ripping it out and crumpled it and threw it at Heechul.
Yesung’ didn’t feel like properly handing it to the elder.

“Are your injuries healing up fine?” Ryeowook asked curiously, taking a seat next to Yesung, trying to start a conversation.

But Yesung just nodded once in reply.

Ryeowook couldn’t help but to notice the distance between his favorite hyung and his dongsaeng.
Most of the time, Kyuhyun would pull the elder into his arms while Yesung was trying to eat, or constantly steal food from Yesung’s tray, only to feed his own food to the elder lovingly.
But today, they barely spared each other a single glance and there was a gap between them the size of the Grand Canyon.

It didn’t feel right to not have the usual happy virus couple going on.

The whole cafeteria was suffocated into awkward silence because of the two, hearing the news and everything.

Ryeowook glanced at the two, and noticed that Kyuhyun looked out of place the most.
He was slouched forward in his seat, and was staring blankly down at his untouched food.
The younger wasn’t making any snarky comebacks or clutching Yesung tightly to his chest ion a bear hug.

It was way too quiet without Kyuhyun’s snide comebacks.

“You should eat more, hyung.” Kyuhyun suddenly said, breaking the suffocating silence as all eyes turned to look at the two.

Yesung was barely picking at his food and nibbling it, and it worried Kyuhyun.
Yesung looked as skinny as a stick lately, unable to find the appetite to eat without Kyuhyun’s annoyingness.

“You’re the one to say.” Sungmin grumbled from next to Ryeowook.

Kyuhyun just ignored the bunny doppelganger and continued to urge the elder on to eat, but he just shook his head in refusal.

“Yesung hyung,” Ryeowook started, looking up at the pale, thin man before him.

“Listen to Kyuhyun-eat. If you continue like this, not only will you not be able to sing, you won’t even be able to stand on stage.” He said softly, pushing Yesung’s tray closer to him.

Everyone sort of held their breath in anticipation at the mention of Yesung incapability to sing, but to everyone’s surprise, he slowly, hesitantly, picked up the chopsticks, and ate his food slowly.

Kyuhyun watched as the elder ate slowly under Ryeowook’s command, causing his heart to clench painfully. It made him jealous to see Yesung obeying Ryeowook, one of his favorite dongsaeng’s commands, and not Kyuhyun’s, his boyfriend.

This time, it was Kyuhyun’s turn to stand up abruptly from the table, muttering a quick and quiet ‘excuse me’ before running out of the school cafeteria.

All eyes widened at the younger’s sudden action, before they turned to look at Yesung in confusion at Kyuhyun’s odd behavior, only to see that the elder had set his chopsticks down and was now staring down at his lap in shame and guilt.

Yesung knew why Kyuhyun had left so suddenly; Kyuhyun felt betrayed and jealous.
Yesung had obeyed Ryeowook’s command, but merely shrugged Kyuhyun’s request off.
The boy felt like he was losing Yesung’s trust to everyone else.

It wasn’t that Yesung didn’t trust and believe in the younger anymore, it was just that Ryeowook had a better reason to encourage him.

“I’ll uh….go talk to him.” Donghae said, getting up from the table and gave his blonde lover a quick hug before running out after the younger.

 

Donghae ran around the whole school in search of Kyuhyun; the bathroom, the halls, classrooms, staff room, office.
He was about to give up soon and walk back to the cafeteria, when he stopped to take a breath by the courtyard, to see Kyuhyun out there.

The boy was sitting on the long green grass with his back leaned back against a tree trunk, and his face buried against his knees.
It was a sunny day out, with a small cool breeze lingering around, but Kyuhyun’s dark mood was completely unfazed by it.

DongHae opened the door to the courtyard slowly, and approached the boy slowly.

“Kyuhyun….?” Donghae said quietly, sitting down next to the boy.

The boy said nothing and just stayed where he was.

“Kyuhyun, look at me. Tell me why you’re acting like this. I know more than the other’s do, so you can’t hide much of anything from me.” Although Donghae usually seems like an oblivious 3rd grader stuck in a high schooler’s body, but Donghae was actually an observer from a distance.

There was a long moment of silence, and only the rustle of leaves and the twitter of birds were heard, before the boy finally spoke up.

“I don’t know what to do anymore.” He whispered, slightly muffled.

Donghae’s brows furrowed together in confusion. “What do you mean, Kyuhyun?”

“I don’t know what he wants anymore. I can’t understand him the way I used to now. The bond we used to have, it’s…..gone. It’s…broken. Not a single thread is holding us together anymore, but I still love him. I love him so much.” Kyuhyun cried, finally lifting his face up from his knees.
His heart ached with every word that left his mouth, because it was all true.
“I love him too much to let him go.” He sobbed.

“Then don’t, Kyuhyun. You don’t have to have to. Time can heal, right? Just give him some time. Although there may not be a bond holding you guys together right now, there is something else that will- and that is your own strength and love.” Donghae said softly.

“No, it’s useless. He already has a scar from his past, and all I’ve done to it, was open it again and deepen the scar furthermore. It can’t be healed! “Kyuhyun choked out. “I feel selfish for wanting to keep him with me, when clearly, I’m just hurting him more by staying by his side. He’s all I really have.”

“Kyuhyun, you’re underestimating yourself.” Donghae sighed, reaching up to rest a reassuring hand on the boys shoulder lightly. “I have never seen Yesung so happy before until you came. He used to be so cold towards others. He never talked much, let alone smile. But ever since you came, he’s changed. He laughs now, he pouts at your ridiculous behaviors, he smiles at your snide comebacks, and the most important of all, he has love again.”

Kyuhyun didn’t say anything for a moment, and curled up into a tighter ball.

“I love him.” Kyuhyun whispered after a minute.

Donghae turned to look at him again. “I know.”

“I can’t be selfish anymore, hyung. I come in no use anymore. I can’t give him what he needs and wants.”

Donghae sighed and leaned back against the tree trunk.
“Do what you think is best for him. But don’t forget about yourself. If letting him go puts you in a bad, helpless position, then don’t. Both of you guys need to be happy with your choices.” Donghae whispered. “Talk to Yesung about this. I’m sure he wants you still.”

Kyuhyun just bit his lip and stared down at the grass as he wiped his tears away with the back of his hands, already made his decision.

Donghae gave him a light pat on the back in understanding, but unknown to the two outside, someone had been listening to their whole conversation from behind another tree only a few yards away from the two.

A certain someone, that had a big dream, but was mute.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! Finally back with a new chapter! Yay~ *claps happily*
(BTW, sorry it's sort of short....)

But anyways, updating will be a bit slower now (like it hasn't already, psh) because of some last minute school work, so please, wait patiently and I'll try to update as soon as I can!

Thanks for understanding guys!

So it looks like I lost some subscribers because of the whole asdfghjkl thing, along with some comments.....so you know what this means.....!

 

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS! >.<