`09

Beautiful Monster

The beautiful evening seemed to drastically shift by the time you were leaving the theatre. That once cloudless sky now blotched with grey puffs of cotton candy, silver stars struggling to be seen along with a bulbous pale moon. You took a moment to evaluate the weather and Jongin stood by with an attentive stare. He only noticed how much colder it was and the boy worried about your jacket. Was it too thin? Did the temperature sink past the supposedly warm fabric sewn inside? He was terribly concerned and therefore blindsided by your sudden inquisitions about " What now? " 

Once again Jongin had planned to go with the flow. Let things occur naturally but apparently you needed order. Had to know where you were going, how long and why. That was a stark contrast to Jongin's way of doing things and he didn't know what to say. When did he ever? " Uhm " His head cocked to the side with a crooked smile " We could...go for a walk? " Jongin suggested, shoulders shrugging and hands casually diving into his pockets. Seems innocent enough, you nod and he gestures across the street. " There's a park like two blocks away. We could go there if you want " Jongin didnt fail to see the way your eyes lit up and he grinned, realizing you were familiar with the park " The sakuras are blooming you know " Petite white flowers with the palest pink tinging their inner petals. You knew that and the image of the trees blossoming spurred you into action. " Let's go! " 

Jongin chortled in satisfaction and walking alongside you, supplied him with some sort of solace. He was oddly at peace. Tranquil and placid, no worries. You seemed to feed off this low-key energy. Breathing the refreshing frosty air that danced through your dark curls of hair. You too were irie. Eyes developing this dreamy film that reflected all the city's lights. Two crystal pools of ebony with twinkling colors swimming about. Jongin thought that was beautiful. He found himself watching you from his peripheral vision and once or maybe five times you glanced at him too. Making his stare snap forward and shoulders tighten in posture. It was silent but it wasn't awkward. At least not really. There was a mutual agreement that there was nothing really to stay and niether of you challenged it. Just relished each other's companionship. A simple pleasure that you and Jongin couldn't indulge in often. 

Eventually the park was in view. 

Only a few people roaming around due to the sudden ambush of fog that was thick enough to make your skin feel damp. It was an eerie shade of grey but made everything so much more breath taking. While you marveled from afar, Jongin slipped his hand in yours. You looked at him in surprise but he acted as if it wasn't a big deal. Just gave you a lazy smile and pointed. " I don't wanna lose you in all that fog " He reasoned, the glint in his eyes almost as alurring as the way his canines caught the light. Gleaming in a dangerous fashion that reminded you of the movie you two just watched. " So, what did you think of it? " You blurted out. Jongin furrowed his eyebrows in question. " Of what? " You rolled your eyes but with a big, toothy smile. No hostility just playfulness " Of the movie! "

" Oh! " He instantly recalled the gruesome details and images. A wolfman ripping innocent people to shreds while baying at the full moon. Jongin shuddered. Finding something terribly wrong about the way it excited him. " It was cheesy " He finally said, the two of you crossing the street and entering the park. You noticed he held your hand a bit tighter and you couldn't resist the urge to cause it was reasurring. The feel of his hot flesh against yours so nonchalantly. Skinship blossoming by the passing moments. " Scared Jongin-ah? " You drawed out a few seconds later, realizing you two didn't use honorifics and swinging your joined fingers to empasize your point. He narrowed those beautiful eyes at you and kicked a small rock that happened to be in his path. " I only fear for your safety little one " He said, speaking in a mockingly gentle voice that was meant for patronizing. You snorted and thats when the fog billowed. Dampening your clothing and leaving a thin coat of moisture. It slightly chilled you, making you breathe wispy white vapors and Jongin shot you a wary glance. " Is it too cold? " He asked " We could go- I mean! You, you could go home if you want...i mean only if you want though? "

Not gonna lie, his concern made you feel warm and fuzzy inside. There was something about the panic in his voice. The way his eyes widened with fear- for you. Sure it was overprotective, like a mother and a sick child but still. For a practical stranger, it was nice. You smiled shyly and shook your head. Hair tossed to and fro while Jongin chewed on his lower lip, making it slightly red and swollen. " You sure? It's fine if you do...or you want my jacket? I'm actually feeling kinda hot " You gave him a strange look and shook your head. But he seemed suddenly uncomfortable. " Ugh, is it humid or is it just me? Seriously though you want my jacket? Imma take it off and I don't wanna carry it " He was already shrugging the military esque coat off his lean shoulders and you figured if he wanted it off, why not take it. " Uhh okay? " He smiled at your cooperation and then held it open. Giving you a sweet expression. Feeling awkward you let him slip the coat on you and goddamn, it was warm and smelled so good and manly. You thought that was it but nope. Jongin took the time and effort to the do the buttons. Making sure you were snug as a bug in a rug. Which he so cutely stated while finishing up the job, looking pleased with himself. " There " He declared and you noticed what he was wearing just wasn't fair at all.

A sinfully tight grey long sleeve tee shirt with a teasing dip in the neckline (that showed off the nicest pair of collarbones you had ever seen on a man). It hugged his muscular figure wonderfully and you just about died when he pushed the sleeves to his elbows and grinned that toothy, smug but boyish grin. His jeans were perfectly tailored too. They were slim fit but had that casual sag that let you know that if you lifted his shirt, you would definitely see the waistband of his boxers peeking out. Wait, why in the world did that concern you? Jongin felt weird in the sudden silence and chuckled when you shook your head from the clouds, blush heating the apples of your cheeks. " I uhm " You struggled to remember what you were gonna say but the fog reminded you. His body was too warm for these temperatures " It's really cold out here Jongin, do you have a fever? " He was taken back. But again rather than concern for himself, he worried for you. " I'm fine but if it's really cold then you should go home. I don't want you to catch a cold. It is flu season you know " He furrowed his eyebrows for the upteenth time and you wanted to grab his face and tell him that you were very much fine and that he should let you be concerned too. Cause you were. Still haunted by the mental images of when you first encountered Kim Jongin. You never wanted to see him in pain again. The thought of him out here in the cold probably running a fever suddenly scared the crap out of you. 

" I think we should head home " You said. He nodded, looking sad but he didn't realize you really did mean we. Not just you. " Well, let us enjoy the walk there then. " He offered his arm again and you took it graciously. Leaning into his arm a bit more than before. You could definitely feel how warm he was. It was abnormal, even for someone has big and brawny as him. You dropped the subject though. Beginning to admire the sakuras like your original intentions. The trees were packed with them. Branches craddling the precious blossoms that twirled to the damp cement when the wind tugged too hard. They lay so fragile and delicate. Petals not bruised nor smashed from their graceful descent. Still flawless despite falling. You smiled at the flowers and out of nowhere Jongin stuck his hand out. Large palm catching a single white Sakura that was a bit larger than usual. It was snow white. Picture perfect and he offered it to you awkwardly. Like he didn't know why he had caught it in the first place. " It's pretty " The boy finally said before hesitating. " ...kinda like you " 

You plucked the offering from his hand and gave him an incredulous look despite melting on the inside " Kinda? " You repeated. Jongin looked away with a big, embarrassed grin. He slipped his arm from your grasp and instead let is drape over your shoulders. Tucking you against his side where you felt warm and undoubtly safe. " Yes, kinda  because you're really not pretty " Your jaw dropped in shock and he chuckled. " I mean, you're beautiful " Jongin said then he paused. " No! " He shook his head " Gorgeous, breath taking and I'm probably freaking you out so I'll shut up now. Pretty flower though. " You opened your mouth to speak but nothing came out. You just smiled wide. A light, airy feeling bubbling in your chest. Happiness. It was so unfamiliar. Jongin let out a low laugh at your reaction. That deep voice captivating your ears. " T-thanks " You finally muttered, staring at the blossom and caressing the soft petals b with fresh dew. He watched and admired your gentle nature. How focused on you were in the blink of an eye. He was beginning to fall into a state of infatuation when, of course something had to go wrong.

Jongin flinched. You barely noticed but then his lower body jerked back, torso bowing forward as if someone punched him in the stomach. Immediately you looked at him in alarm and his face was strained. Lips tight to prevent from crying out in pain. " Jongin? " You called, voice suprisingly assertive. From his locked jaw you could tell he was gritting his teeth and your hands curled up, crushing the sakura before letting it's crumpled form plop to the floor soundlessly. " I'm fine " He grunted, straightening his spine and swallowing down his salivia. You were no where near convinced and boldly wrapped your arm around his waist. Supporting him much like you did the first time. Weeks ago. " Ah, sorry " He said, shaking his head with eyes squeezed shut. " Guess I uh, had too much popcorn " 

" Well, you did eat the whole bucket by yourself " Jongin smiled sheepishly, thankful you weren't going to harbor on the subject but he unfortunately, he was wrong " Maybe we should get you Pepto-Bismol or something " Your date gave you a stare of complete horror and was obviously humilated. Not your intentions but you seriously didn't want another incident. " No " He breathed but you were beginning to get annoyed by his behavior. You shrugged his arm off, letting him go and staring him down. He was taken back and gazed down at you with puzzled orbs of amber. " What's your deal Jongin? " He blinked at you in bewilderment and you hated how innocent his dark appearance could be. " W'what are you...? " He began to ask but your agressive side was something he had yet to fully encounter. " I know you're a big tough guy but come on. You're hurting, stop playing it off " To you, he came off as prideful. Wanting himself to be seen as stoic rather than vulnerable which was a total mind considering he was so fragile. It was weird, everything suddenly didn't make sense. Jongin wasn't fragile, right? Or was he? His soft aura said otherwise and you wondered how wrong you were reading him. 

At once you were uncomfortable with Jongin. Common sense finally kicking in and telling you that something wasn't right about this. About everything. You were lost in thought, struggling to calm yourself down but the world seemed to be spinning too fast. A series of outrageous connections clicking and making you step away from Jongin. He was hurt, following your retreat because he wanted to comfort you. Tell you that whatever you were thinking, wasn't true but your epiphany ignited that vicious flame in his core. The lamb was wising up. Realizing she was in the lion's den and that it wasn't safe. You blinked at Jongin. Mumbling something along the lines of " I have to go " before briskly striding past him. He was dumbfounded and chased after you in a panic. Abandonment. Jongin couldn't handle you walking away, not like this but Jongin wasn't in control anymore.

You had nearly cleared 20 feet between the two of you but that wasn't enough. You started running and you didn't know why.


A/N : Oh god i probably just confused the hell out of you guys ;___;