`10

Beautiful Monster

Jongin was breathless the moment you picked up speed. His body contorted forward but he fought in the other direction. Hashing out gulps of oxygen while gripping onto the small amount of control he had over himself. You took off like the opposing wind. Scent fortunately masked by Jongin's coat though your hair whipped back. Pangs of fragrance into the beast which whined in hunger. Jongin hadn't crumpled yet. He had unusual endurance to keep himself still. Limbs locked despite their inhuman way of shivering. He was in public. A few bystanders had seen you run off and now curious pairs of eyes raked over his trembling form. A terrible breakup, they all thought. A poor boy torn on whether to chase after the girl or part ways without a fight. Of course they all rooted for the former. Drama at its best with a happy ending only this wouldn't be under those circumstances. 

Jongin doesn't have to the power to choose and when his body starts lunging forward, he senses the good feelings around him. The strangers passing by urging him to go on. Don't let her go. But if only they knew. What such pure hopes meant for you. Jongin, or rather what was left of him, went after your trail. Only strangely he was civilized. Ran properly, a beautiful scene with his bouncy hair and long limbs. You don't know if Jongin had followed but when you hit the corner you figure he would have caught up by now. Boys are faster. They have more of that stuff that science says makes them more adept in athletics or whatever. You only have your sense which you take pride in but thats until you realize you didn't turn the right way and now, you ran away from your home instead of toward it. " ! " You practically yell and people give you offended stares. Adrenaline burns through your system and you skid to the stop. You expect the same empty path you started on but no. Jongin is there. He's scarily focused on you and that's when you decided its time to scream " help " and run into the street. 

Only you don't. Fear is paralyzing and those eyes anchor your feet to the ground forcefully. He calls your name. It's panicked and you recognize that desperation. Jongin is scared. He's running after you and he has the ability to summon motherly instincts in you. You want to take care of him. You want to comfort him and it's wrong cause you don't understand. How? Why? This isn't your typical introduction into friendship. Nothing is realistic here and when he crashes into you, arms locking like steel cables, you still don't know what to say or do. He's hugging you. Real tight and that's when you feel his heartbeat. It's chaotic, mind blowingly fast and you don't think it's possible. Thudding so fast and powerfully. Like a machine, well oiled and productive. Jongin says your name. He says it softly and you still don't move. Don't respond with anything but thoughts of how hard his body is. How warm and comforting his embrace is. You hug back. And that single gesture tells it that you are attached. Whether it be Jongin's physical appearance or personality. Something is good enough for you to hang onto and not give up on. From the day you first saw him in fact. " Answer me " His voice hoarsely demands and you struggle to look at his face. He doesn't want you to, he holds you with your chin shoved over his shoulder and you stop fighting. Fully embracing him though you know very well that you shouldn't. Something wasn't right. It was all wrong and this beautiful stranger wasn't your typical exception. 

" I said answer me " Jongin tightens his grip to the point of discomfort and you wince. Fully aware that people again, were watching. Concerned on whether or not you wanted this person to be touching you. Jongin is completely hunched over your body. He has to bend down a great deal and the curve to his spine is prominent through the thin material of his shirt. You don't want Jongin to be seen as the bad guy and that right there is your unseen red flag. You're putting him first. Despite your real discomfort you don't want him to be seen in a negative light. You want to protect him despite how brute he had just become. " What? " You finally whisper. Unable to speak due to the way he smashed you to him. Jongin leans back in fear and searches your face for deception " I said why did you run from me? I was scared you were going to fall or...or something. What happened? " His eyebrows knit together with concern and you're speechless. Staring at his face, his eyes, his nose, his lips.

Why did you run from him? Of all the people you have ever ditched or stood up or even should have left hanging with no explanation, Why Jongin? He continues to stare at you intently. Expecting some kind of reason for your behavior but you draw blanks. Mouth opening and closing as you struggle to string words into sentences. Jongin seems alarmed by your silence and his grip falters. Eyes becoming watery as the wind picked up speed. He was waiting. Patiently and you stuttered out a vague explanation. You could barely force it out and lame as it was, Jongin saw right through it " I just...forgot about work tomorrow. I have to be there...earlier than usual " 

His tongue splits the seam of his lips and then Jongin does something that surprises you. He calls your bluff. " You ran away like I was a monster " The boy murmurs and his facial expression makes you feel utterly guilty. He looks like a forlorn puppy. Wondering why oh why his master had punished him. You blurt out the truth. Squirming from his hug because you expect him to scramble from you anyways. " this is weird okay? We don't know each other and...and you're just strange! " You don't mean to come off so offensively but it doesn't phase Jongin. The vulnerability to his appearance completely fades. " I'm strange. You're strange....We're strange. Why are you so paranoid? Do I scare you or something? " He seems sincere in his curiosity and you realize he is reaching out again. Stepping closer with his eyes feigning that timid innocence you have grown so attached too. 

Hook, line and sinker. 

Without a second thought you fall right back into Jongin's comforting hold and his touch convinces you that this is weird, but good weird. That kind of weird that drives people together. Almost like fate. " You don't scare me " You say to his face. Stare unflinching despite the proximity " You worry me. And you shouldn't do that " His eyebrows raise into his hairline and he seems mildly amused. " Why not? Concern for another human being is normal is it not? " 

You gape at him, contemplating just how sane you really are and he continues. " Unless you're really concerned for me...but I don't want to worry you. I mean, why do I? " Jongin stares at you so confused, so surprised and ironically so concerned. He was genuinely stumped as to why he worried you but then it dons on him. A sudden flicker of realization widening his beautiful eyes. You weren't sure your self but when you see he figures it out, it drops on you too. " You must care about me " Jongin says, his tone more questioning than assertive and you push away from him again. Arms thrown up in the air from frustration " Which is weird! " You exclaim to the entire block and people are still staring. Especially Jongin. Kid has a problem with it. " If it makes you feel better I care about you too " He responds and the way he says makes you want to die. It was sheepish and reserved. Voice low due to a sudden case of nerves. " But why? " You demand " You don't know me at all " 

He seems a bit irritated at your stance and fidgets. Clearly under the pressure of your gaze. " You're terrible at making new friends " He declares and then Jongin thinks he should walk away but he can't cause you're right in front of him and smell really good. Offended, you stagger back but he isn't apologizing. Just stares. " What if I don't want to be your friend? " You retort and his heart breaks. You panic because thats totally not what you meant to say and jongin seriously looks like he's going to throw himself in front of car. " oh " He breathes and looks down while nodding slowly. " Jongin I didn't meant that " You say quickly but he doesn't react. Like everything previously said about caring had been undone, erased and forgotten. The weather suddenly seems a lot more hostile and Jongin turns on his heel. " I'll just...go now. " He mumbles and you feel like the biggest jerk there ever was. " Waitwaitwait! "

But he just shoves his hands into his pockets. Shoulders drawn up as his head hangs down low. You blink at his inconsable form and can't help but notice the prominent muscles of his back. The sleekness of those lean shoulder blades flexing and straining against the thin fabric of his top. The details of it all are tantalizing and you wonder if you're really that lonely. So desperate for intimacy that you deal with all this nonsense. You figure its the physical attraction that has you so caught up in this beautiful boy and decide very recklessly that there's no shame in that truth. It happens. Human nature and when you inhale the masculine scent marking Jongin's jacket, you shudder in delight. Accepting that this is lust and sinking deeper into the indirect contact that impels you to pursue him. Jongin has already made fair distance but you're quick to catch up. Shuffling forward like he's the last man on earth. " Jongin, stop " You say firmly and you think he's not going to hear over the call of the city but he does. Head turning enough to catch a glimpse of one sparkling eye. " Wait " You call breathlessly and so close to his robust frame, it's possible to feel the enticing heat.

Smoldering under that shirt is hot skin. All smooth muscle that will react to any lingering touch you would provide. " I'm sorry " Your voice chokes out almost helplessly and he turns around in shock. Surprised to find a watery eyed girl flinging herself into his very welcoming arms. " Forget I said anything " You mumble into his chest and he looks down. Hesitantly returning the hug that stirs up a plethora of mixed emotions. Jongin isn't so sure he should be doing this, the back of his mind screams disaster but he's too lonely himself to protest. He melts into your smaller frame. His weary soul calmed by the feel of something so close, tangible and warm. Completion. 

Your gaze flickers up and Jongin takes the opportunity to bury his face into your neck directly. His hot breath on your throat as well as his lips. You shudder yet again and squeeze yourself closer. Body solely excited by Jongin's adjacency. The feverish touch is ironically chilling. Goosebumps rising on your flesh and scalp prickling. You take a deep breath, smelling how down right amazing Jongin's scent was before reaching up. Fingers combing through his dark hair and disheveling the slightly curled strands. You mess with it completely and he seems to enjoy it immensely. Leaning into your palm with a content sigh escaping those lips. He is once again placid and you accept that getting rid of this boy isn't an option.   


a/n: Ninja assassin reference xDD and yes! got the chapter back! :D Prepare for the next soon ^^