`06

Beautiful Monster

" Why the are you smiling you ? " Ren is the only person in the world who can cuss and call you names without offending you whatsoever. It was that kind of friendship and you got embarrassed cause your smile was so obvious. You were glowing, giggly and giddy like a schoolgirl. He saw it from a mile away. " Hello! Function properly! I don't want to spend my lunch hour with a pabo! " He jabs a sharp elbow in your side and you choke out a laugh. Dangerously close to landing on cloud nine " Oh my god Ren i hate you " The skinny blonde boy grins. His hair neatly pulled back into a bun with blunt bangs framing his too beautiful face. His feminine looks never failed to add hilarity to his every statement and you two co-workers take a seat at an outside table. " Don't confuse hate with jealousy sweetheart. Now what gives? " Just like Krystal he demands. Wants to know everything and you are too weak and too excited to keep anything a secret. You shuffle your feet sheepishly " I have a date. "

He's quiet. No change in facial features though Ren is poker faced anyways. You think he's going to slap you silly. You probably need a good one regardless " The lord has heard my prayers " The aspiring model says ominously. Eyebrows raising into his hairline as he nods, completely convinced. You snort into dorky laughter. Slapping your hands to your face for the upteenth time. He sips his fruity smoothie like champagne " I don't have anything to wear. I'm going to die " You groan. Panic setting in. " There is ALWAYS something to wear " Ren trills. He slaps your arm and you look at him in shock cause it actually hurt. " OW! You little ! "

" Oh cry me a river drama queen. Who is this guy? " He bounces in his seat and you start grinning again. Jongin. You will be going out to dinner with Jongin next Saturday. Where? You have no idea. Did it matter? No, not really. He looked really cute today and at the moment he cutely stalked you from across the street. Did you notice? Nope. Too dreamy to look around but ironically Ren spotted Jongin. They made brief eye contact before the blonde's short attention span was occupied by your squealing. " The epitome of hunkiness " You declared. Completely forgetting the first time you found Jongin and how downright terrified you were of him staying in your home. This was an unofficial clean slate. The past was, well the past and the future was bright with opportunity. Ren seemed incredulous. Head tilting " Oh really. What's his name huh? "

" Kim Jongin " You sing without missing a beat. Your stalker hears his name from where he was and he smiles, so you were talking about him. " He sounds like a loser. How does he look? " Ren blinks expectantly. The shallow offending Jongin who narrows his eyes. He kind of was a loser though...You sigh in your hazy state. Chin resting in the palm of your hand. " He's ridiculously tall, muscular and my god Ren he has these gorgeous eyes. They're like gold! UGH! " Your head drops on the table with a bang and Ren claps his hands. " You're too cute like this. Where did you meet him? " Jongin grins. Listening to you gush about him as if he was captain of the football team. He stays for awhile but has to go and pulls strings. Tattered strings of friendships that need drastic repair before they can do any heavy lugging.


" Hey Taemin " Jongin greets sweetly. A lazy grin cracked on his jaw as well as a glittery eye smile. He's standing in front of an apartment door. Remaining his cheeky old self so maybe, just maybe- he could work this out. Taemin blinks at Jongin. At suddenly huge Jongin whose eyes seemed a thousand shades lighter. The older boy's jaw just about drops to the floor and Jongin isn't sure if he is breathing." Taeminnie? It's me. Jongin? From dance class? " But he doesn’t say a word. Just blinks and tries to make sense of the thoughts flowing through his head. " You're alive you sonuva? You’ve been in Seoul this entire time? “ Jongin rubs his nape in an awkward manner. Confident grin turning a bit sheepish. “ Yeah...I ran away “ Taemin shakes his head dismissively and gives Jongin a strictly chaste bro hug. The taller boy is surprised and Taemin notices Jongin is unusually warm. His body emitting heat like smoldering embers. “ Why though? Damn, how are you man? Come in “ Taemin steps aside and opens the door wider. His arm inviting the old friend in. Jongin smells another person in the home but doesn’t hesitate to stroll in. Hands in pocket and curious eyes evaluating Taemin’s wealth. He was always a spoiled kid.

“ I’m doing alright “ Jongin chooses to avoid the first question and follows Taemin who leads him into a living room. It’s fairly spacious, expensive looking furniture and Jongin knows he picked the right person. “ Who was at the door Taem- “ They both look up in surprise as a handsome boy appears in the hallway. He has messy dark brown hair and is almost as tall as Jongin but not nearly as muscular. “ Ah, Minho-hyung “ Taemin quickly explains “ This is an old friend of mine. We went to school together “

Jongin bows, which is surprising since he kind of lost touch with his manners, then says a polite hello in his husky voice. Minho smiles awkwardly and when him and Taemin look at each other- Jongin’s lips form a little ‘ o ‘ He had no clue Taemin went that way. “ Are you thirsty? “ Jongin shakes his head, standing around till Minho ushered him to the sofa. He could tell Minho wore the pants in this relationship and Jongin fights his underlying instinct to oppose Minho’s direction. His inner animal was an alpha of all sorts. Around men his urge to be dominant and in charge went into overdrive. He had to be top dog. Jongin sensed Minho’s competitiveness and it made the atmosphere tense. Taemin didn’t like it. The sudden flow of testosterone stifling the air.

“ Are you sure Jongin? How about some water huh? “ The nervous boy jumps to his feet and shuffles into the kitchen. His lithe form the same as Jongin remembered. He had always been jealous of Taemin’s effortless grace. When they danced way back when- Jongin had been the powerful one. Sharp and on point while his hyung flowed with elegance. So fluid- Minho clears his throat. Jongin looks up and realizes he had been staring intensely at Taemin. “ Why did you you come to visit? “ The eldest inquires, his big eyes accusatory and tone untrusting. It startles him to know how bold Minho is. He figures it’s because he threatens Minho. Jongin slightly grins. He had that effect on even the most confident and suave fellows.

But Jongin wasn’t here to sweep Taemin onto a white horse and ride into the sunset. He was here for money and anything else his old friend would offer. “ A favor “ Jongin says “ What kind of favor? “ Minho retorts and Taemin darts back in the room with a tall glass of water. He hands it to Jongin and suddenly thirsty- Jongin gulps it all down. It was ice cold. The condensation gathering on the cylinder. “ A favor? “ Taemin heard the last bit of Minho’s question and smiled at Jongin. Willing to help, just like Jongin knew he would. The latter looks down, softening his expression before blinking at the boys with watery, pleading eyes.


A/N : Short chapter, waaaah. Thanks for the comments and love everyone! ^^