`15

Beautiful Monster

72 hours later and Jongin is still in pain. 

The euphoria was long gone, replaced by stifling agony and as he sits on a park bench in the dark, he shivers. The frosty weather setting in. Draining warmth from his core and chapping his cheeks. The winter creates eerie silence, not far from chilling and Jongin's bones ache due to relentless cold. It's almost humorous to think that the other night he was burning alive and now his insides seemed to crystallize within his body. Prickly, sore, stiff. If he moved too quick, Jongin feared they would crack. So he is still. Unmoving and trying to escape the deafening silence that is 3 in the morning. It isn't easy either. 

His mind refuses to babble. An icy tundra with no evidence of life or humanity. Jongin can't bring himself to do anything. He's comatose. Hardly working air into his lungs and pumping blood through his corrupted veins. The boy feels dead. Honestly believes that he is a mere corpse existing without the slightest hint of life. No purpose, meaning. 

Jongin stares into nothing, into the thick white fog and his sensitive eyes are assaulted by bright headlights. A car, no, cars. There is two sets of lights coming toward him and their pace is slow. Cautious. Sluggish, were they mocking him? He squints into the hazy glow, cogs of his brain starting up and warning him of impending danger. There is a whisper in his ear. Nothing is said, it's a mere breath of air that tells him he should walk away now. Avoid trouble and stay out of anyone's way. 

Jongin obeys. 

Standing up, turning to his left and walking toward the empty street. He figures it will go away, it has to but it doesn't. The slow creep of light shines over his shoulders and casts his own shadow on the dull, grey pavement. He blinks down at them thoughtfully and his ears pick up the sound of prowling engines. Following him, watching his every movement with increasing curiosity. Jongin, like any sane person, doesn't like it one bit. He steps in a puddle, the splash loud, and he takes a deep breath. Glancing over his shoulder to confirm his suspicions. Two sleek black vehicles. Windows tinted, no clue as to who is behind the wheel. Jongin walks faster. Yanking at the collar of his jacket and preparing himself for a sprint. The cars continue to snail along. Not hiding their obvious pursuit that forces Jongin to run. And Jongin is nothing short of incredible when it comes to speed. He moves graceful and fast. No hesitation or resistance as his bones, muscles and joints propel him forward. Jongin is good for blocks. Pacified by the rush of endorphins, adrenaline and something else that excites hm. 

His legs carry him faster and faster. The cars gaining speed on him till he dashes into a multi-story parking lot. It is fairly empty and Jongin is able to race to the top level without the cars nipping at his heels. He looks around frantically to find escape but knows very well that he just cornered himself. The boy skids to a stop and breathes easy, walking toward an edge to see how far the way down was. It was fair, Jongin supposes. He would survive such a fall but not without injury and being injured wasn't exactly on his do list. He spins around for alternatives. A hiding spot, something or perhaps the neighboring building is within leaping distance. He cranes his neck to evaluate the stretch but not even he is willing to take the potentially fatal risk. Jongin is trapped. He thinks he should be more frazzled but he is unusually calm considering the circumstances. He bites his lower lip. Wondering if he could escape the way he came and begins to run in that direction, only he stops short. Met with four cars this time instead of just two. Their headlights glare down on him. Impossibly bright and spitting accusations. 

His eyes widen, blood stiffening underneath his flesh and Jongin catches the whiff of something undoubtedly familiar. The shift in wind sends someone's scent wafting into his nostrils and he turns to see another beefy looking boy running toward him. Jongin's hair on the back of his neck stands up but this stranger isn't a threat. He can feel it and they prove it with a somewhat cocky smile, gleaming bright eyes that are exact replicas of his own " Run! " They demand and there is a heavy sense of command that clings to the word. Jongin stumbles back in shock, the cars jolt forward and the leather jacket wearing boy grabs his wrist. Yanking him directly toward the ledge he just cowered away from." What are you doing? " Jongin yells in panic but they have a tight grip on his arm. Pulling his resisting body along with mocking ease. " Trust me kid! You can clear this easy! " 

" Trust you? " Jongin splutters and the boy glances back at him. Smiling with a judging expression that makes the latter feel stupid. " Trust me or see what they want. Your choice! " He releases Jongin a few feet before the ledge comes. Picking up speed, force and with a chortle of utter glee, he leaps. Using the railing to send himself soaring over the wide alleyway separating this building and the next. Jongin is pretty sure that was impossible and for a few seconds he thinks he is having some whacked out dream. But the fear is undeniably real. Like a cold stream submerging his bones and insides. He stares at the escaping boy in shock and said boy starts walking backwards with a grin. Knowing very well that he was going to get away. " Come on! " He yells and when Jongin turns around, he is met with suited men clambering out of the black cars. Some of them wielding a strange animal control pole that was human sized. Jongin also notes that it looked electrically charged and painful. Not to mention scary. " What do you want from me! " He shouts, intending to reason with these people but when one of them lunges for him, Jongin yelps. Spinning on his heel and chasing after that guy desperately. " Wait! " He wails like a lost child and mysterious building hopper waves cheerfully, about to start running again. " Hurry up kid! " 

Jongin runs as fast as he can. Pushing himself hard and pretending that maybe he would just wake up from a terrible dream when his body splattered on the concrete below. He is about to start hesitating. His heart beating too fast but when he uses the railing for leverage, pushing off with as much power he could muster in his legs, Jongin blanks. His world abruptly turned off and darkness swallowing him whole. But it isn't frightening. It's like sleep. Embraced in calm, gentle nothingness that urges him to rest. It lasts for seconds. Literally seconds and then he's thrown back into reality. Running along a rooftop with the unknown daredevil who is actually having trouble keeping up with Jongin. He's smiling ear to ear though. His round, pale face reminding Jongin of a tiny moon. They are nearing the next transition, this one smaller than the last and his running companion speaks " I'm Xiumin " He declares, the name rolling off his tongue with authority " Sorry for getting you mixed up in that " 

Jongin glances at Xiumin from his peripheral vision and starts panicking about the next jump. What if he didn't black out this time? Jongin was always running out of luck when he needed it most and he had never been good at making his own. In fact, he was terrible at it. Hence why he is currently being chased by eerie strangers across rooftops at 3 in the morning. " Jongin " He responds breathlessly " My name is Jongin " 

Xiumin smiles and nods. Picking up speed for the next leap. " You're pretty fast Jongin. How long you been on your own? "  He inquires, spiking Jongin's interest. The jump nears inch by disappearing inch and when Jongin believes himself to be a goner, he squeezes his eyes shut. Body ed into empty air that he slices right through. Xiumin hits the roof first, absorbing the impact like a pro as he rolls and keeps going. A natural, fluid movement that Jongin's body mimics only he's more clumsy, inexperienced and  totally not in control. He looks after Xiumin warily. Wondering how far they gotten and that is when Jongin notices that he didn't black out for mere seconds. He had been running for awhile and just barely know did his conscious come wake him. The confused boy skids to a shaky stop and Xiumin hesitates to continue. Slowing his pace to flash Jongin an inquisitive stare. " I've been alone for years " The younger discloses. His emotions bubbling inside his stomach and threatening to come up and out. " What was that? I mean- why. You said sorry. How did....why were they following me- or you? " He says too many things at once. His tongue tying itself up and leaving him red faced and frustrated. Xiumin raises a brow with concern then comprehension dawns onto him. He walks closer to Jongin and Jongin unknowingly steps back. " You have no idea, do you kid? " 

" My name is Jongin. Not kid " He retorts and Xiumin chuckles, nodding in understanding. " Alright. My bad, Jongin." It's rather quiet then Xiumin continues. Observing as the younger boy nervously glances around and tugs at his clothes in discomfort. " You know what I am, don't you? I mean, we're the same. I thought I wandered into your territory and brought the suits in. " Xiumin explains, seeming a bit confused himself. Jongin blinks in total bewilderment and moon boy makes a small ' o ' with his lips. Realizing just how clueless this kid was. " You have no idea what I'm talking about " Xiumin clarifies, Jongin wincing before he nods quickly. 

" How are you living? Normal? Do you know how to control it? " He starts firing off questions and Jongin looks horrified with each one. His head swinging back in forth to refute every word. Xiumin's eyes get gradually wider then his expression softens into compassion or absolute pity. He bites his lower lip. Blinking the ghoulish eyes that leads Jongin to rather strange conslusions. " Ok kid, do you know what you are? " Xiumin murmurs, tone taking a darker dip in register. Jongin isn't sure how to respond because things aren't making sense so he just says " I'm normal " 

That cements Xiumin's suspicions and he sighs. Running a fast hand through his dark hair. " You honestly believe that? " He scoffs lightly. Jongin looking down without a response. It's eerily silent between them and Jongin feels the need to slump his shoulders. Making himself smaller and less threatening to pale faced Xiumin which he does. " You see that, right there. Submission. You feel it don't you? It's instinct Jongin. " The older boy looms over him with a hard expression and Jongin can't help but avoid his eyes. Looking down with his body curling in on itself pathetically. He doesn't want to, but his muscles contract and pull. Xiumin backs off and turns away, clearly not the one to deal with this sort of stuff directly. He thinks briefly then turns back to forlorn Jongin wallowing in his own incompetence. " Look kid- " 

" Jongin " He corrects without missing a beat. Xiumin rolls his eyes " Yeah, Jongin. Listen up pup, you have a gift. You might think it's a curse but you're special. You know it and I think you need some guidance. " He says sincerely. Furrowing eyebrows making Jongin feel awkward. The boy flinches away, fidgeting with his hands and Xiumin huffs. " I'm serious. Deny it all you want but at the end of the day. You're nothing without a pack. I'm surprised you're not dead or locked up in a laboratory " He's angry, Jongin starts curling in on himself again and it seems just the slightest bit colder between them. " I don't know what you're talking about Xiu..Xiumin " 

Xiumin snorts at the absolute denial. Shaking his head disapprovingly " That's Xiumin-Hyung to you pup. I'm heading home, you wanna know what you are? And I mean, really know and understand. Follow. " He proclaims in that authoritative voice. Jongin wants to ask him what he means exactly but the boy starts pulling off his clothes. Rolling his jacket from his shoulders, the back of his shirt and yanking it over his head. It's only when he has kicked off his shoes that Jongin finds the will to speak up. 

" How do I know I can trust you? " He mutters quietly. Eyes shining with extra moisture due to sudden revelations. Xiumin proposes a reassuring smile and exhales, breath vaporizing as wispy white smoke. " Because you feel it in your gut," then without any sort of warning or indication, Xiumin hops onto the building's ledge. Walking to the farthest point with his toes wiggling over the edge. He smiles once over his shoulder and Jongin swallows his gasp when Xiumin takes a step into nothing, then plummets down. Jongin shouts his name instinctively, running over to see if he was alright but below everything is swallowed by shadows. A sinister darkness churning like a storm. But Jongin hears someone...no-  it was something. Breathing, existing. It's too loud to be anything human and as Jongin perches on the edge anxiously, his 20/20 spots breath vapor puffing in large, quick clouds. He unconsciously gulps, leaning over to see if anyone else was visible but there is not one soul in sight. Jongin shivers at the chilling scenario. His heart thudding within his chest cavity so hard it became painful. " Xiumin? " He calls out, knowing nobody would answer and no one did. Not the slightest whisper came in response. It was too silent then. The sound of his own breathing syncing with whatever waited below him. 

Jongin shivers as he peels off his jacket. Cold fingers digging into the fabric before he drops at his feet. Next are his shoes, he hesitantly steps out of his jeans and forces himself not to think before letting his body drop down into nothing.

He almost hears the sound of his flesh ripping. 


a/n : Ashtcvbhdfomg I haven't updated in forever. I'm sucha horrible author to my loyal readers D; Eeeeng, I suddenly got an influx of new subscribers too. It kicked my into posting but HAI, THANKS FOR READING ♥