`13

Beautiful Monster

Jongin, unsurprisingly, ends up being way too large for the baseball tee you found. It was the biggest you could get your hands on and still it was too small for him, fabric ripping and spreading gauntly over his well built chest. He said it was fine, that he could manage but the moment he tried to lift his arms, a large split sliced across his back. " Oops " Jongin grimaced at the terrible ripping sound and you laughed in amusement. He seemed so nervous and didn't know what to do. You felt like you were 13 again, babysitting the neighbor's kid who had the biggest crush on you " How about you take that off and we wrap you in a blanket instead? " 

That seemed to be a plausible solution and Jongin gives a shy smile as he wriggles out of the too tiny shirt. He holds it to his torso tightly and you wander to your bedroom. There was plenty of blankets for you to hand over but you take the thickest one just because you wanted to ensure his warmth. It was the perfect size too. Not overwhelming large but big enough for him to move freely in. " This alright? " You ask, holding it out to him and he nods. Dropping the shirt in order to wrap the cover around his body. It smelled like you so much. He couldn't resist the urge to smile and you grab the ruined garment at his feet, grinning at the sudden contentment he expressed. " So... " You trail off thoughtfully. Jongin blinking at you from behind folds of red fleece. He seems beyond placid now. Like he could just sit on the floor and be perfectly fine for the next few hours. " Hungry? "

Jongin's answering smile is hidden behind the blanket but you see the crinkles around his crescent moon eyes. You take that as a yes " Ramyun? " He nods vigorously for sucha bland option and you can't help but be further enchanted by Jongin because his hair is so bouncy and shiny. Each nod sending the sleek strands flying about, on and off his gorgeous eyes and face. You turn toward the kitchen and when you begin walking, you feel him following. The boy on your heels till you actually enter the small space and he leans against the wall. Nestling in your blanket and rubbing his cheeks against the softness. " Wanna play a game? " You ask as you prepare everything. Jongin looks up and though he narrows his eyes suspiciously, he responds with a high pitched " Ye " 

" First grab the table, yeah? " Same routine as last time, Jongin obeys. Finding a bit of comfort in the familiarity as he sets it down then sits criss cross in wait. A minute or two later you come to him with steaming food and Jongin swears he's in love. Isn't that what every man wants? A beautiful girl taking care of him. Someone sweet, kinda funny yet motherly. Only one thing was missing from the flawless equation and Jongin was sure that you were the type to satisfy in more ways than one. He thinks about it briefly but the thoughts make his cheeks redden so he pushes those things away. Biting his lower lip as he waits for this so called game you mentioned earlier. " Twenty questions " You announce right on cue, mouth full of spicy noodles. Jongin digs into his bowl and nods " Only the subject is me, so ask away "   

He's stunned but his expression brightens. " What's your favorite color? " He blurts out, your eyebrow quirking in response. Sucha innocent question, you expected more. " I like red " You answer and he slurps some noodles, the ends flicking against his chin. " Okay, do you believe in luck? " 

You think about it for a moment and then nod, Jongin smiling at the thoughtful look on your face. He decides to take his questions up a notch though, realizing you weren't at all amused by trivial things. " Do you think you're a good kisser? " He drawls out, not looking at your face as he leans into his almost empty bowl. Your cheeks flare up briefly but it's almost like a slumber party. Where the dirty little details escape locked lips for the first time. " Sure do " Comes your nonchalant response and Jongin would like to ask you to prove it but he can't because he's shy and scared of the awkward that comes after you say no and kick him out. He thinks of another personal question... " Do you get jealous easily? " Without missing a beat you honestly retort " Yes, oh my god. " Jongin purses his lips and begins to think this game is going somewhere. " When was the last time you cried? " That one hits home though. You clear your suddenly knotted throat and drag your fingers along the curvature of your plate. " Yesterday " 

Jongin's eyebrows raised and he can't help but ask " Why? I mean- what was the reason...that you cried? " The boy leans forward with curiosity and the blanket falls from his shoulders. Collecting around his waist though he doesn't seem to care. You figure he must getting hot. Covered in that thick blanket while heating heated, spicy food. You're surprised he's not sweating yet cause you definitely feel a bit moist around your hairline. " I cried because...I miss home " Jongin gives you a sad look and his lower lip juts out ever so slightly. You feel the connection then. The shared pain he obviously reflects in his eyes. " Can I give you a consoling hug? " He asks quietly. Voice completely serious and you nod with soft laughter bubbling past your lips. He smiles at the sound and then thinks. " May I give you the hug now? "

You open your arms with a pout and Jongin crawls around the table, collecting you in his arms rather than the other way around and it felt nice because Jongin was shirtless, his embrace was snug and who doesn't like receiving hugs from attractive half men? You wonder if you're just dreaming and he sighs, nose buried in your hair but before you can really enjoy this consoling hug, something goes horribly wrong. Jongin lets you go rather hastily. Giving you a rather perplexing stare as he scrambles to his side of the table. You blink at him in confusion. He just forces a high arc of a smile " Next question " He says and it's hard for him to keep still because he smells someone on you. And not only that, Jongin knows it's a male's scent. There's a hint of cologne and he wonders how he didn't smell it earlier cause now, as he looks at you, it's all he smells. A man. Another man, on you. Directly on you. Meaning you had to be intimately close to get that scent so potent in your hair. Jongin wants to throw a fit but a different kind of anger simmers in his stomach. The kind he couldn't control and the type that wasn't human. " Who was the last person you talked to? " Jongin quips. He's starting to like this game. You give him a strange look and he raises a brow " Other than me of course "

You rack your brain for the answer and Jongin doesn't like the way you smile in memory. " Victoria, she lives in this building. We were talking in the laundry room " He nods, suddenly not hungry anymore and then he picks the blanket up. Pulling it around his back as he constructs more intrusive questions. " And before that? " You're a little thrown off and feel more like you're being interrogated now but you answer without hesitation. " My neighbor, Howon "

" Howon? " Jongin repeats and you laugh awkwardly. " Uh, yeah. Lives right there " You jab your thumb behind your shoulder to the apartment on right side of yours and Jongin looks at the wall as if he could see through it. " How many questions have I asked? "

You count them mentally and come to the conclusion of 11. " Including that one, eleven " Jongin looks surprised. " Already? " He gasps and you grin rather crookedly, ignoring his suddenly odd behavior. " Do you have any phobias? " He challenges, tone taking a rather sharp turn to playfulness. You nod half heartedly and he chuckles. " What is one of your phobias? "

" Chemicals " You declare with a sigh, noodles practically gone and tongue burning. Jongin tilts his head and you elaborate. " Chemophobia I believe, coloring my hair is literally terrifying. " He can't help but snort and you smile at his mild cuteness. " What colors have you dyed your hair? " He inquires, wondering how often you scare yourself silly. " Just about every color in the rainbow but now in days, I stick to various shades of brown. " Jongin decides he is hungry again and starts consuming what you have left untouched. " Do you regret anything in your past? But like really, really regret. Nothing trivial " He articulates and the subject of your past is a can of worms so you fall back to the floor, laying on the smooth wooden boards as you stare at the ceiling. " Yes, I regret a lot of things. I was terrible Jongin, really terrible " 

His interested is spiked and it burdens him to see your body from this angle. All your curves seemed to be highlighted. Your shirt hiking up and showing off your prominent hip ones which happens to be a major turn on to Jongin, though he currently is disgusted by the way you smell. " You sound like you want to tell me about it " He says and he's right. The urge to confess stronger than the need to protect your own dirty laundry. You open your mouth but you don't know where to begin and Jongin wants to play psychiatrist. " I had no reason to rebel I just did. " You mutter, lifting your hand so you can trace random patterns into your palm. " I was like 15? Maybe 14 and I started doing the most questionable things. Weed, alcohol, ecstasy- standard teenage drug use. I really liked raves too and oh my god I was a . " 

Jongin's eyebrows raise and he waits for you to continue. Seriously, he did not think that matched you at all. He couldn't wrap his head around the concept of you being anything but what you are now. A tenacious girl with a good head on her shoulders " I mean- I started sneaking out. Partying and I ditched class. There was this boy- " You laugh at the memory of him, it was fresh in your head. Something you never could forget " His name was Woohyun and I adored him. It was ridiculous and he got me to do the most degrading things I've ever done in my life. If I saw him on the street now, I would punch him in the face " 

Jongin chuckles and buries his nose in your blanket, trying to get rid of the scent of Howon. He knew that was the smell that haunted him. It had to be if he was the last person you talked to that was male. " What was the worst thing you did with Woohyun? " Jongin finds himself asking and you push yourself up to your elbows. " Skinny dipping. " You assert " If I could just go back to that day, I swear " You go back to a proper sitting position and Jongin counts the number of questions he had left. Only four. He decides to formulate them carefully. " If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? " You're silent but you know the answer. Jongin realizes this and he narrows his eyes mockingly, making you break into a smile. " To be honest... " You trail off " I'm fine being right here...with you "

Those golden eyes get impossibly round and the color that stains his cheeks is too perfect. Too goddamn perfect. You grin at him, fighting your own embarrassment as he tries to gain his composure. Jongin liked that answer. He liked it very much and suddenly feels like he isn't touching the floor anymore. " Okay..." He tests out his voice. Makes sure he isn't gonna crack before he asks his next question. " Would you go on another date with me? " Simple but asked in sucha complicated manner. You couldn't figure out the mood behind his tone but you couldn't lie either. " Yes, I would " You reply and Jongin looks at his lap before melting you with solid eye contact. " Then...Will you go one another date with me? " He asks, sincerely and so heartbreakingly vulnerable. Like he couldn't imagine what he would do if you said no. " Of course " Is your response and Jongin doesn't even try to hide that smile that replaces his anxious frown. You want blink at how bright it is but then you wonder how he will end this round of questioning because his expression softens. Turns serious and sensual. 

It should be illegal really. For him to look at you like that. " Last question " He murmurs and you can tell that this one is taking a lot out of him. Jongin is hesitating. His fingers jittery. " Will you regret your next kiss? " He says, very thoughtfully and gentle. You realize what is going on and your eyes dip down, tracing the beautiful curves of his mouth. Jongin watches the emotion on your face and he almost stops breathing when you gaze at his lips. Your stare lingering before crawling back to his now heavily lidded eyes. He wonders why you're the only person to ever make him delightfully squirm, usually it's a terrifying thing but at the moment, it's heavenly " I don't know Jongin " You declare " Will I? " 

And that's his cue to lean in so Jongin does. Taking the initiative and blindly praying for the best possible outcome. He can hardly stand it and he feels you erasing the distance between your faces. His heart screaming when your warm, spicy breath tickles his lips. 

Your kiss is unbelievably soft. So soft it took his breath away and he thinks an angel kissed him. The sweet tingle of celestial bliss so potent he could taste it. Your lips are tender. They mold against his lovingly and he knows no one in the world could kiss him like this. No one and he's pleased that this kiss isn't ending. It gains momentum and he senses your delicate hands coming to his face. Fingers brushing across his jawline and smoothing over his cheeks. Jongin leans in more. He reaches for the surface but then the door bell is ringing, and you're pulling away, and he can't breathe, and he wants to tackle you to the floor and never ever ever ever let go. 

Jongin folds over. Banging his head on the table and you answer the door flustered but glowing. Jongin too is glowing. He's brighter than the motherering sun and wants to throw himself out the window and show the goddamn world. Love. He knows it and it kills him because it's happening dangerously fast. A virus that has penetrated his system and poisoned his veins but sucha sweet death. He doesn't mind. Jongin doesn't mind at all so long as you're his murderer. 

" Hey " Howon says when you answer the door. A smile glued to your face no matter how hard you tried to school your face into one of utter indifference. " Hey " You respond and suddenly you're giggling. Like a giddy little girl and oh my god you just kissed Jongin and no, you didn't regret it. Not in the slightest. " Are you okay? " Howon asks, clearly amused at your bubbly state. His hair is clearly messy and his outfit is clearly worn and you think he's looks good like that. A man that has had a hard day of work. The exhaustion etched into the symmetrical lines of his face. " Oh yeah I'm fine " You say quickly and you draw the door in. Trying to limit his view of your apartment as much as possible. But Howon notices so he raises a brow, leaning to the side to try and get a look see. " Do you have company? " 

" What? " You retort though you clearly heard his question perfectly. Howon's left eyebrow arches and then your radiant appearance makes sense. Jongin hears everything and he scrambles to his feet. Blanket dropping so he can show this Howon that yes, she had company and this company was half and therefore he, the ing neighborhood, should off. But you're trying to avoid this because you're selfish and like that fact that you're available to both Howon and Jongin but then you hear Jongin talking and Howon's eyes are gradually getting wide.

" You have male company? " Your neighbor clarifies and you don't like how surprised he is. Like the thought of you talking to any other guy was just absurd " Yes, problem? " You respond and then you push the door open, giving Howon the image of Jongin casually standing in the middle of your living room. Looking a bit irritated but also a bit smug " Oh...wow " Howon awkwardly shifts his gaze around and then you feel guilty so you pull the door back in. " I'm sorry, can't we talk later? " You mumble but surprisingly Howon shakes his head. " I was just going to ask if you wanted to watch a movie at my place. I figured you needed to be taken care of....but I think someone has beaten me to it " 

Jongin resists the urge to yell " Yes! " and dives to the floor to wrap himself up in your blanket, Howon's scent had already wafted inside. His macho smell ruining the familiar sweetness Jongin was beginning to obsess over. " I'm sorry Howon, this really isn't what you think it is " And then Jongin is sitting up again. Staring at your backside in shock. This certainly was what Howon was thinking and Jongin stops to consider some things. You two were just kissing right now, weren't you? That entire scenario was real right? Jongin didn't just have a mad episode of surreal day dreaming? 

" He's just a friend. Staying over because  of the storm. " Just a friend? Jongin's heart breaks and he's suddenly upset. Yeah, just a friend that you were making out with less than two minutes ago....okay maybe not making out but you were getting there! If not for ing neighbor, you two could be rolling around the floor like reckless teenagers right now. " Oh, then... You want to hang out sometime? Go on a date with me " Howon isn't at all hindered by half Jongin and he takes your word for it. If you were single why not into your life. Clearly he had waited too long already. 

You're speechless at his request so you just nod. Suddenly regretting the whole " He's just a friend " thing though the concept of a date with Howon wasn't as abstract as your brain originally decided. " Great. Talk to me when your friend goes home " and then you're back to feeling guilty because technically Jongin didn't have a home and you kinda wanted to keep him and Howon really emphasized the word ' friend ' so that Jongin was very clear too. " Okay...bye " You respond but Howon is the most persistent guy there is so he plants a kiss on your cheek. Giving you the canine smile before going to his apartment without the slightest damper to his step. Impossible. The men in your life were impossible. Howon's lips tattooed to your skin.  

You gulp, you gulp really hard because what you just did, was really terrible. Something the old you would have done with no remorse. But it's really terrible because when you close the door and step back in, Jongin is staring at you. A heart broken puppy whose master just betrayed him. You think you should apologize but you don't think it's right nor do you think you had reason to but your mind is really not making sense so you just walk over to Jongin, sit yourself down in front of him and wait for something to come to you to say. But you can't think of anything so you take your chances and just kiss him again, he kisses back but then his pride hits him so he pulls away and continues to stare at you. Jongin is some what torn, your taste in his mouth and he wants to his lips and kiss you again and again " You can't do that " He manages to say breathlessly " You seriously can not just do that " to me, he wants to add but doesn't have the confidence to tack that on. 

But you don't feel like explaining yourself so you kiss Jongin again. And when he pulls away again, you just go in for another kiss. The boy breaking down and giving into the warmth of your lips. Already you seem to intoxicate him. His world becoming hazy and prickled with stars as you continue to claim his redden mouth. Jongin realizes that this kiss isn't what he originally thought it was. You being selfish and wanting the best of both worlds, no this was the convincing kiss. The chance he had to prove that a night with him, was worth more than a few days with anyone else.


A/N : please tell me you didn't see that coming because I sure as hell didn't.