`08

Beautiful Monster

Waiting for Jongin to arrive is the most nerve wracking experience you have ever encountered. It's delightfully fresh outside, a playful breeze. Not too many clouds and the sky is bright with twinkling stars. It perfect. Too perfect and you're panicking. Wondering if this is all a sick dream or you got the dates mixed up. Cause it's possible you know. Your brain getting all excited and screwing everything up. "  Uhm excuse me! " You scamper after some proper looking business man. He jerks to a stop and gives you a funny look. " Would be so kind as to tell me the date? It is the 16th, right? " The man walks away with a curt nod and you gnaw on your lower lip, almost like you're trying to chew it off. Where in the world is this boy? He's late and standing here, in your somewhat casual but nice outfit is beginning to get awkward. Even the doorman is giving you sympathetic looks. Like he knows you're getting stood up. Left on a stoop to wallow in your loneliness. 

You look up and down the street with wary eyes. Heart starting to sink further into your chest till you swear it's being consumed by your stomach acids. Screams of love dying a painful, dramatic death all inside you. Without realizing you sniffle. Not exactly crying but the moisture gathers in the corners of your eyes. It frustrates you but regardless you were a sensitive person. Easy to break and shatter into a million pieces. Jongin isn't coming. You take the hint but when you begin to turn around, about to bolt inside and avoid the doorman- someone calls your name. Loud and shameless but also bright and excited. In a flash you're grinning. Whipping around to see a luminous boy racing toward ya. 

Of course it's him. Dressed as casually as you are but his hair puts yours to shame. All styled off his forehead messily. Perfectly sculpted with not one strand out of place. He belongs on a magazine cover. Men's Health with his shirt ripped off and biceps juiced. You take a moment to put your tongue back in your mouth and Jongin is there. " Damn, already headed in? I'm only ten minutes late " He teases, bright aurora taking you off guard. It feels as if a bomb just went off. Everything slow motion and ears momentarily sheathed. You see everything much clearer with ample time to think of every detail of Jongin's perfection " You ready to go? I'm sorry I kept you waiting " His smile is blinding, much like the last time you saw him and you nod dumbly. The stupidest grin on your face. Jongin seems relieved and grabs your hand. Dragging you to the sidewalk as if he's known you his whole life. It makes you melt to feel how heated his flesh is. All toasty and warm, you imagine if his entire body is this hot and suddenly you're being jerked back. " Whoa! " Jongin laughs " Don't walk into the street " Blinking your thoughts away you realize you're teetering on the curb. Swaying forward dangerously with Jongin's strong tug yanking you back to reality. A car zooms by. Wind whipping your hair to the side and Jongin looks at you with concerned eyes. They're sweet and impossible to avoid. " You okay? I really am sorry I was late...I mean if you don't wanna go anymore- I-I understand but... " His sentence drifts into silence and something snaps in you. Like a bubble keeping you from the world has popped. A thick haze lifted from your shoulders. You shake your head vehemently. His hand still warm in yours.

" I'm just...just stuck in work mode " You stumble over your words and Jongin looks much like a spanked puppy. Looking down at you so forlornly. He seems to brighten at your excuse but only slightly. " I think i left the lights on " To make it believable you glance back at your apartment building and Jongin let's out a hearty laugh. Then it's like a plethora of cocoons just cracked open in your tummy and released a swarm of an angry butterflies. " Don't worry about that! " He muses " Let's go have some fun, wanna see a movie? I heard that new one with Han Ye Seul is really good! " You smile at him curiously. picking up on how he stressed the actress's name. Almost, if not entirely like a fan boy " You gotta thing for her, don't you? " 

" What? no! " Childishly he denies the acusation and you revel in the fact that you're still holding hands. Pretty loosely but it's something right? Jongin smiles at you and then he whistles. Like the loudest, ear drum piercing whistle you have ever heard in your life. " Taxi! " He shouts. Voice all deep and lovely. You stare up at him in awe and he waves at the nearest cab. The vehicle zooming over quicker than they have ever came to you in the past. Jongin releases your hand then. You blush because you realize your palms are sweaty and an even darker flush colors your cheeks when Jongin holds open the door. Politely escorting you in. A gentleman too? " Thank you " You mumble while climbing in. He grins, shutting the door and racing around to the other side. Once both of you are seated, he says " You're welcome " and tells the driver exactly where he's taking you both. The movie theater. Jongin is about to explode with film options and you laugh while listening to him gush about every plot, character and title. He seems enthralled and you wonder if he's just trying to keep the conversation going ; he is. Jongin is desperately trying to keep the awkward silences at bay and so far you're not helping. Just smiling, giggling when appropriate and he thinks you're testing him. Just waiting till he runs out of material and is left with his jaw hanging open. Staring at you like a pabo. 

Maybe you are and at one point you kind of tune out. Too busy questioning him mentally and admiring what a lovely set of his lips he has. They're undeniably perfect in your eyes. Plump and curvy. Seemingly moist and you noticed that already, while talking a mile a minute, Jongin's tongue flicked out. Wetting his pout and swallowing down excess salvia. You realize too late that you're being rude and Jongin fades out. Expression dropping. " Uh hello? " He calls out, those gorgeous eyes narrowing down on you. Gosh they're so pretty, you're gazing deeply and Immediately your brain stirs up something to say but you're promptly cut off by Jongin's smug smile. " Are you lost in my eyes? " He teases. Smile widening till the very eyes he spoke of turned into cute crescents. You're going to passionately deny sucha thing but you end up nodding. Coyly looking out the window like you're being sheepish. That would have made any other man swoon but Jongin was a bit too shy at the moment. He looked at his lap with a big, embarrassed smile and you can feel it. You're both being timid together and the taxi driver wants to go ' awww ' cause he has nothing better to do but listen to you crazy kids. It's a charming scene, one that belongs in a cheesy drama and sooner than any of you expected- the theater comes into view.

While waiting to be dropped off, Jongin pulls a wad of cash from his pocket and your eyes widened. Last time you checked he was... Homeless right? You hadn't thought of it earlier but when he hands the good man the right amount of money you can't help but question him....in your head. Where did the clothes come from? The very nice hair products that did that masterpiece to his thick tresses. You're contemplating all these thoughts and Jongin is opening your door. " We're here " He announces lamely and you quickly thank the driver before heading out. When the door closes, he speeds off and you look at Jongin. He juts his elbow out. Offering his arm that you eagerly cling to. Giving his bicep that firm squeeze you've been dying to dish out. It's subtle but he notices, chuckling and guiding you along. " So... " The boy trails off " What would you like to see? Comedy, Action...perhaps romance... " He's admiring all the movie posters lined along the building and you take notice of a darker looking art work. It has bloody lettering and what seems to be man with wolf ears, eyes and fangs glaring back at you. For a split second his glowing orbs remind you of Jongin and you tug on his arm. " How about a scary movie? " You suggest, ready to convince if he rejected the idea but Jongin's lopsided smile says much different. " Which one? " He inquires and you point, reading off the title in a mockingly ' scary ' voice. " The Tale of Two Moons " 

Jongin evaluates the poster intently. Humming in concentration while you fawn over him in silence. " Sounds good! " He finally decides and with a rather rough tug he pulls you over to the booth. There's a bit of line and he suddenly thinks of something. The movie is rated R for obvious reasons. Probably adult language, content, murder and all that good stuff but for anyone under the legal age- you get nothing without the stern " supervision " of an adult. Which is you and though Jongin is nineteen, he has no proof of that and his youthful looks don't exactly help " You're not 18 yet " He recalls out loud and you nod in confirmation. " I don't have an ID on me so here's what we're going to do " 

You laugh at the concept of breaking the law on your first date(this was a date right?) and Jongin seems thoroughly amused as well. He divvies a simple but fool proof plan and at the counter he requests two tickets to the movie with Han Ye Seul. The counter girl gives Jongin an over friendly smile and engages him in flirty conversation which obviously grinds your gears. What person wants to see their date be flirted with? Jealousy or not it was just rude. Jongin, however; the little bastard, seems to enjoy the attention. Being the sheepish, adorably shy boy he was right in front of you. How annoying. You hated annoying things and without a second thought you rolled your eyes. Sighing in a manner that caught his attention. He grinned. Pleased by the fact that this effected you. But he doesn't stop. Oh no, it begins to irritate the people waiting behind you both and when you glance back, you see a familiar face. " Krystal? " the girl blinks at you weirdly then she just about freaks out. " Omo! I didn't recognize you! " 

You laugh at her habit of practically shouting and she shoots forward to give you a tight hug. Her companion, who wasn't as gorgeous as Jongin for the record, steps forward too and you realize he's the guy she's been gushing about for the past week or so. " This is Jong Suk! " Krystal quickly introduces. The handsome boy giving a polite bow that you return. " It's nice to finally meet you " You say, your tone horrifying Krystal because she knows what's coming next. " Krystal talks about you all the time. I swear she never runs out of good things to say about you " A big smile crosses Jong Suk's face and he looks at her inquisitively. Making her cheeks redden. " Really? I didn't think you liked me that much Baby Jung " She glares at him. A cute pouty glare that you're used to seeing every weekend " Shut up stupid " 

You and Jong Suk laugh but karma is a and it's Krystal's turn to be evil. " Oh hi! " She says loudly. Gaining Jongin's attention and making his head snap over. To your utter delight his appearance catches her off guard and you have a fraction of a second to speed off. " Sorry Krys gotta go! Maybe next time eh? Hopeyouhavefunbye! " You grabbed Jongin's arm and like hell you dragged him to the theater. Leaving an angry counter girl, amused Krystal and confused Jong Suk. Jongin however seemed sad. " Why didn't you introduce me to meet your friend? " he asks when you enter the building. You raise a brow at him, releasing his arm " You were having sucha good time with the ticket girl though. I didn't want to ruin your moment " Your sarcasm stings and he smiles rather awkwardly. " I appreciate your jealousy " 

" What jealousy? " You retort. He grabs your hand with a dark chuckle and you to figure out which theater was the one showing The Tale of Two Moons together. The hallways are so long and so many doors have different signs at to which film is being presented " That ticket girl made you jealous, didn't she? " Jongin randomly slips in when you find the right theater. You pull your hand from his and scoff rather dejectedly " She most certainly did not Kim Jongin " His nose scrunches up in the most adorable fashion and he holds the door open while making a casual but sincere confession " I like you " You smile but are still annoyed by his behavior " You have a strange way of showing it " He just grins and you find yourself internally fangirling. It may have been the first date, hell its barely started but already you feel comfortable. Like you and Jongin have been dating forever and this was just another, average date. Scary movie with- no popcorn!?

You two find excellent seats in an excellent row in no time at all and once settled, you turn to him attentively " Can I get popcorn? " Jongin is about to respond but you cut him off " And soda and candy? " His expression turns into one of surprise but it quickly melts into fondness. A gentle curve to the corners of his lips. " Sure " He chirps about to get up though you grab his forearm. Tugging him back down which confuses the poor thing. " What are you doing? " You ask, he blinks at your hand then at you, completely perplexed. " I thought you wanted-? " Jongin is afraid to speak, thinking he did wrong and his uh-oh face is too gripping not to laugh at. You let him go and stand up. " I'll get everything, you stay so we won't lose our seats " He nods eagerly at your command and when you leave, he releases the breath he didn't know he was holding. When he inhales again, your scent surrounds him. It's on him, coming from where you once clung to his arm and Jongin thinks he is going to faint.


A/N : Eh? :P