Chapter7

The Guy I Left Behind [ discontinued ]

 

 

 

 

  chapter seven:  

 

a former fool

 


 

Under the moonlit streets, Baekhyun was absentmindedly steering the wheel, sending his car to pace the nearly empty lanes over the limits.

It was already late, and only a few travelling cars were left behind, obviously including his.

He was lucky enough not to obtain a ticket to pay for his recklessness nor have his license confiscated by the cops, but there was one thing for certain…and that would be that he was not being himself that day.

As soon as he managed to reach his house, he heatedly barged in the doors and came into a halt as he stepped on the carpeted floorings. Clenching his fists out of sheer anger, he flung himself onto the couch as he forcefully tossed the lone remote control aside, not minding the shrill crash he heard afterwards.

Laid back on the couch, one leg casually on top of the other, his fingertips were smoothly gliding across his lips as his mind wandered far-off.

He met his own self…back during the days when he was younger, when innocence ran within his blood…

When his heart had not even a bit of bitter ice, whole and warm, utterly…

When he was still too naïve to even comprehend what love really is…

When he was the fool who knew nothing but the lies that smeared the truth…

There he was, painfully getting a glimpse of the only girl who broke the fool completely…

The girl who changed that fool that he was…

He met himself…his former self…

 

 

“Hi, I’m Krystal. Nice to meet you.” Said the twelve-year-old girl as she giggled, her face brightly lightened, extending her arm to shake hands with the reddened-faced boy right in front of her.

Choking on his own words, the young boy cleared his throat as he timidly held hands with the beautiful girl facing him. “I-I’m Baekhyun…”

“Baekhyun…I’m sure we’ll be great friends, won’t we?” Krystal spoke as her grip tightened on Baekhyun’s somewhat limp one.

“Why not? Y-yeah, of course…friends.” Baekhyun faltered, forcing a smile on his face as he felt his cheeks flood like never before.

First time they met was a milestone for both of them, especially Baekhyun, who almost immediately developed a great sense of admiration the moment he laid his eyes on her.

From that instant, their relationship shot up from being acquaintances to becoming the best of friends. They were really close, seeming more like official couples, in fact; hanging out and doing stuff together, meeting up at pretty decent places after their classes come to an end and would even prepare each other’s lunchboxes.

They were really comfortable with each other and most likely can’t even live off even the slightest distance apart. Just doing countless activities together for years made them realize how much they meant to each other.

Baekhyun has been garnering strong feelings for Krystal for many years already, from being a really childish elementary kid until they were hitting the books as high school students.

Krystal too, had her heart throbbing unexpectedly for her best friend. No one can blame her; after all, he was a guy who was worth it, from a warm heart and all. He was a guy who had just about every lady tailing him, but it just so turns out that Krystal was the only one lucky enough to capture his heart alone.

Their feelings were unquestionably mutual, but they just couldn’t get themselves to admit it to each other…especially Baekhyun, who was willing to wait for her even after the years he never had the chance to confess to Krystal what he really felt for her.

They were both walking side by side along the front porch of Krystal’s abode, and soon managed to enter her room where they usually strike their ever so amusing conversations.

Unlike how they would laugh their hearts out over the lamest jokes they would crack, Baekhyun was stern, suffering in silence and simply held up a forced grin on his face as he listened to his best friend’s every word.

“Baekhyun, tell me…is there something wrong?” she shrugged her shoulders, inching closer as she gently patted his back to comfort him.

“Krystal,” Baekhyun’s voice sounded low and rather unusual. “I need to tell you something.”

“What is it?” Krystal looked upon his eyes, her gaze melting into his.

Facing her directly as he held one of her hands; he spoke with much sincerity. “I love you, Krystal.”

Lost, Krystal didn’t have an idea on how to answer her best friend. She felt her heart in an outrageous drumroll, but no matter what, she couldn’t force a single word to slide out of her own tongue.

“I never thought I’d say this, but I’ve fallen for my best friend. I love you so much more than anything else, Krystal. ” He said, brushing away the loose strands of hair on Krystal’s face. “Can you go steady with me?”

Though she didn’t know why, tears were beginning to sting Krystal’s eyes. “B-Baekhyun…I-I’m so sorry but…”

Before Krystal could even continue with she was about to say, Baekhyun tightly pinned her arms with his fists straight at the walls of her room.

Before she knew it, his lips crashed into hers aggressively, very much unlike the gentle Baekhyun she knew from before.

All that she could do was to resist, trying to break away from Baekhyun’s forceful grasp. She could’ve screamed for help, but unfortunately for her, there wasn’t another person in the house besides them.

Even after her attempts of breaking free, she wasn’t able to do anything. His lips were making its way through hers passionately yet still unbelievably rough.

Tired from trying, she was caught in his trap.

She was mindlessly kissing him back with all her might, Baekhyun’s tongue pleasingly tracing hers as her hands ruffled his back and the locks of his sweet-smelling hair.

And from there, it all happened…

 

He can blame no one, no one but his former self who knew nothing from way back then.

How he took away his own innocence and tried to own the girl whom he knew wasn’t worth living his entire life, regret just washes over him.

But after that night happened, Krystal’s actions were rather uncommon. Unlike her usual cheery aura, a smile can no longer be found on her face. Traces of displeasure were all that’s left. Every time they had to cross paths, she would turn away from him, pretending as if they complete strangers, that they never cared about each other at first rate.

“Leave me alone.”

Those were the only words she could spit out from own lips.

Pain succumbed to him. His tears, he found it so hard to fight back.

She rejected him, even after she fell under his trap and was owned by him.

He felt like he was being used, but there was, still longing for the girl of his dreams to come back to him, wishing that he was able to predict whatever it is that was in her mind.

The memory of being turned down dwelled unto him, as much as he wanted to forget it.

He would try to talk to her, but she wouldn’t even listen to his words and would simply walk away, not even looking back at the guy whom she wounded so much.

For God knows how long, he would follow her like a shadow, wanting to apologize for what he did before, that he made a senseless move on her, that he seemed so much like a jerk who was rushing just to claim a ‘yes’ from her…just because of his desire to stand up as her man.

She didn’t pay any heed to him, not until she was forced to.

Not until that day they went to mingle in the club, the day when everything was revealed…

The day she had to confront him…

The day she tore him apart…

When he had come into a deep sense realization that Krystal, was no different and was nothing but another heartless …