Chapter13

The Guy I Left Behind [ discontinued ]

 

 

 

  chapter thirteen:  

 

back to yesteryears

 


 

Her heart thumped faster as she hear those dense footsteps behind her back. Tears forming from her eyes were freely running against her pale white cheeks.

"Krystal..." His voice  hushed.

In one moment, all those agonizing years had came back to her. All those unbearable odds that she had to face because of one evening. A night that changed her life.

"Krystal..." He repeated. 

Carelessly, she faced him. Her cold, distant eyes met his after all these years. "What do you want?" She asked. The cold wind pierces through her skin as anger raged from within her. "I'm sorry." Sincerity filled his voice as he apologized.

"Sorry?" She asked, smirking. Her eyes darted away from him. "And now, you're sorry, should I be happy? You think those words would make me feel better, huh? After all these years, you're still the same. You're still a jerk."  Her face was stern, unforgiving, distant.

"Please... forgive me."

"You don't understand, don't you?" Her voice dripped with hatred, with darkness. "You ruined my life, Kai. You devastated all the things I've worked hard for. My life was the only thing I had. I lost my parents before. I wanted... I wanted them to be proud of me but with one night... all the  pride I could've given to them was taken. It's all because of you."

He knows that she won't break this gently. That's why he prepared for this day. But despite of his preparation and the thought that he may not have her forgiveness. He still wants to apologize, not because he needs too, but because an apology is what she deserves. Krystal was never been a bad girl. She never deserved to bare all this agony.

"I know. That's why I came back because I was sorry, because I am sorry. I was stupid back then, immature. I never knew the consequences of my stupidity. I'm sorry."

" off, Kai. off. You don't know? What? Now you want to tell me that you were a three year old kid who didn't knew what was he doing. Is that it?"

Kai felt himself tearing up, but frantically he swallows and took all the courage, determined to stay strong even though his heart is slowly shattering with all the painful words she's sputtering. Hence, he closed his eyes for a split of second, collecting he strength, he sputters, "I know. I'm a jerk for taking it all away from you. I'm selfish for wanting you alone without thinking. I'm a for ruining my life."

"It's not enough knowing that you're a , a bastard, an , or whatever you call yourself. I don't know what to call you. Because it Kai, all I know right now is I hate you! I absolutely hate you! I hate you!" She leaned in closer, punching his chest. "I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!"

Her strong punch against his chest was nothing than the pain inside him. All he can do was to hug her tightly and hiss against her ears. "Krystal, I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"I hate you!" She pushed him away. She started to walk away but he pulled  her hands, pulling it into a tight grip. She rotated her hands and shouted, "Let me go! I'm leaving! Let me -"

"Let her go." A deep voice uttered from behind.

She tilted her head towards the direction of where the voice came from. It's him. It's Baekhyun. The last guy she'd ever expect to help her. "B-Baekhyun..." Kai stuttered.

"I said ... let her go." Baekhyun repeated.

Kai met his eyes, they were lit with darkness. Gently, he let go from his tight grasp, his hand swinging across the ground. Baekhyun dragged her along with him. Krystal's tears were continuously swimming down. This day never crossed her imagintation.

"Get in the car." Baekhyun said, he opened his car's door and accompanied Krystal inside. He followed her by seating at the driver's seat.

"Why?" She asked.

He started to pull over and drive his way across the pavements. His face was still stern, no emotions can be traced from his face, nothing. "What?"

"Why did you help me?"

"That's what I should've done years ago. I'm sorry."