Chapter2

The Guy I Left Behind [ discontinued ]

 

 

 

  chapter two:  

 

agonizing reminiscence

 


 

Ever since Krystal left for Japan, her life was no longer the same.

The once well-off being she used to be…it’s almost like as if it never even existed in the first place. Life has been a total hell for her for several years already. Her goals that she thought she would be able to achieve? She wasn’t able to…and perhaps, she never will.

She had to struggle all throughout the grueling hardships, the agonizing mishaps that someone like her, hasn’t experienced during the past.

Why is this happening to me? What did I do to deserve this? Life has been too harsh on me…I’m so sick of this. Maybe I’d be better off gone…

Endless thoughts like those, day to day, would cross her sapped mind.

She never thought that things like those would actually be happening to her. She, herself couldn’t believe it, yet here she was, visibly worn-out from all the almost unbearable sufferings she has been straining to endure.

How her life has come to that point? How things ended up that way? She never knew what the reasons were.

The affluent model that she was during her stay in South Korea was now actually being like a helpless scrounger in a foreign country.

Having to stay in an old and tumbledown apartment, she wasn’t at all used to it.

The apartment she was staying in, it wasn’t even fit for animals. Piles of unwanted garbage streaming in her surroundings, damaged walls, floorings, doors and windows and her stuff that were being toyed by pests that were swarming all over the place.

What a life.

Having to enter that particular shack every day, she earns nothing but a frown.

But, what saddens her most was the fact that she had to lie to her friends from Korea whenever they ask her on how she’s doing abroad…whether she was leading a great life, which was obviously the complete opposite.

“Baekhyun-ah…” she whispered under her breath out of the blue, staring out at the window with her chin resting on her arms. It was raining that day…and for an unknown reason, it made her remember the guy whom she simply fiddled with, the boy he played with years back.

After she spoke his name, she was startled since she wasn’t expecting it. She was clueless as to why she unknowingly mentioned him, especially right after she regarded him as some sort of plaything that can easily be dumped.

Baekhyun? Why did I suddenly remember him?

God knows that the guy’s nothing to me…

He’s nothing to me at all…

Why should I bother think about him? I’m wasting my time…

It’s not like I care about him…nor do I like him…

I don’t…

…do I?

“Baekhyun-ah…I don’t know why I actually thought of you…but I’m wondering how you’ve been living for a while now. It’s been years already. I know I caused you enough pain and that I never thought of you as a man…but I hope that the scorching flames of hell haven’t been attempting to swallow you whole…as much as it did to me.” Muttered Krystal as tears unpredictably escaped from her eyes.

 


On the other hand, Baekhyun was living a well-heeled life in South Korea.

And why wouldn’t he be?

After all, he was gaining success left and right, signing paper works, engaging in boundless and business deals and was working to manage his own company and its numerous branches that have been continuously spreading all throughout the country.

Maybe all that he needed to do was to distance himself away from loving someone…

Especially right after the woman that he thought would treat him the way he did for her…shredded him into pieces.

Yes, naturally, it left him having to cope with the pain for arduous months, making him seem like a total drunkard that’s been doing nothing but wandering the streets, crying his heart out.

But, after having to go through that entire ordeal, he thought that maybe there was a reason behind as to why the girl he loved neglected him…and that he was better off without her….that he was never meant to love in the first rate.

And there he is now, no longer was that same, feeble and gullible man, he was working out his bones, ears almost always pressed against the cordless phones as he conversed with his clients and employees.

An ideal man, he was, for many, many ladies, even in their office.

Though, after Krystal trashed him like some rotten junk, something seemed to have changed him…a lot.

Every woman preferred to trail him, running after him, even letting out those childish screeches the way fan girls when they catch a glimpse of their idol biases. But right after he suffered a tremendous heartbreak, quite a cold interior is what lies within him nowadays.

Krystal…it wasn’t right for you to let me go that easily…

I’m no longer that easy and stupid fool you knew from back then…

I’m telling you…you’ve made a great mistake for treating me that way…

You must think there’s so much into you…

But damn…that’s never true…

Thank you for making me realize what some crap I was for putting in so much of my hopes, wishing you were mine…

That’s history, though...

Don’t underestimate me…

I know you like the back of my hand…

Whether I’ll be able to see you again someday…

That doesn’t concern me…but if I do…

I won’t ever be fooled...

Not again…

“I don’t need you…” he muttered, taking a sip from his goblet-filled wine.

He thought about her at a sudden and he didn’t know why. He was cursing under his breath, trying to forget about her and to occupy his mind by taking a swig of wine, but judging from him, it wasn’t even possible.

“The way that I’m thinking of you right now…reminds me of that hell I had to undergo back then…I don’t know why exactly I’m being like this at the moment. But, what I do know is…I don’t need you…”

“I’ll make sure you’ll have to undertake that kind of torment I experienced…I’ll make sure that you’ll have to cry out of pain…the way I did before. You deserve it, Krystal. And, there’s no way you can escape from that pain.”

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:  Second chappie! HIHI! Thanks to everyone who read this already! We really do appreaciate comments, subscriptions and upvotes! Thanks to everyone who did! And to those who haven't yet, please do so HAHA! Stay awesome guys! <3