Chapter5

The Guy I Left Behind [ discontinued ]

 

 

 

  chapter five:  

 

winter's cry

 


 

“Isn’t that... Baekhyun you’re ex?! How can you possibly let him go?”

With her eyes locked up with his. Her jaw dropped as she glared at him closely, more intense. She was examining his manly posture and his striking face that had her heart blazed up.

“Hey! Krystal! Have you even heard what I said? Hey! Krystal!” Sulli uttered while waving her hand in front of Krystal’s face, trying to catch her attention, though it doesn't quite work.

Nothing changed, Krystal was still hooked up. Baekhyun knows that she was looking at him and he likes that undisputed fact.

A great start for his revenge, perhaps? He tilted his head to see Krystal’s reaction with his presence, when he did Krystal also turned her head to her best friend Sulli.

“W-What?” Her face was still turning to Baekhyun direction, so her voice is muffled “What did you say?” Her attention wasn’t completely over Baekhyun.

“I didn’t say anything. That was like thirty minutes ago! Ugh!”

“Oh! I’m sorry... I can’t hear you the speakers are so loud!”

“Come on! Can you make your excuse better? You’re just looking at him!”

“What? No! That’s... No!” She reasoned out trying to deny with her best dramatic gestures though it doesn’t quite work with her best friend Sulli.

“Drama queen... I don’t believe you! So would you please stop? The Krystal I know would make a move right away. She wasn’t going to look at one man for that long ” Sulli teased.

“Fine! Fine! I’ll do it!”

“I don’t believe you!”

Sulli said while rolling her eyes into Baekhyun. “If you won’t hit on him, I’ll do!” She smirked assuring Krystal that she will really do it and she is willing to do it.

“Alright! Alright! Easy tiger! Just so you know... I don’t like him anymore.”

“Fine, then I’ll bet he also doesn’t like you anymore.”

“That’s impossible.”

Krystal replied with full doubt. How can a man forget her, get over her? Everything turns different with her presence. She will always be a one cool chic.

“If you can have some intimate scenes with him I will give you 5000 won B-U-T if you can’t he’s mine.”

“That’s great! One great Deal!”

Krystal started to do her walking unto her target. Her eminent smirk and her y eye smiles was her weapon. ‘Same old, same old. You can do it Krystal. Just keep it cool and go get him.’ She convinced herself while tilting her head back to Sulli.

Showing Sulli how cool she is, and to prove that she can do it, a piece of cake. Unexpectedly, the waiter was also on her way and he accidentally bumped into her shoulders.

“Oh! You! You ! This is designer!”

“No miss... That’s vodka”

“Look what you did to my dress!”

Everyone was staring, Krystal didn’t really wanted to make any scene but it already happened. All she had to do was to deal with that scenario.

“I’m sorry miss.”

“No, it’s fine. Leave.” She commanded him with a quiet voice.

Wearing a humiliated face she returned to their table. Sulli was chuckling in front of her, laughing about her or the waiter’s stupidity or both.  She didn’t really want to laugh to make her best friend even more embarrassed than ever. It's just that the incident was a classic.

“Are you okay?” Sulli asked while trying to stop from chuckling.

“Okay? You call this okay?!”

She irritably stomped her feet unto the exit, not wanting to make another embarrassing scene. She was staring at the floor trying to hide her face from the people until she bumps to her... target – supposed to be.

“Hey! Krystal! Nice to see you!”

“Really?”

“Of course! Why?”

“The last time we saw each other – you were... Never mind. It’s also nice to see you.”

 Krystal is still confused. What’s going on with us? He’s okay? No conversations? No hatred. Actually, if this is a game for Baekhyun, Krystal doesn’t really care. She’s the original player, remember?

“So, what is an innocent man doing here?” Krystal asked while raising her right eyebrow and sending him her seductive voice and y smile.

“Hahaha! Innocent? I own this place. A lot of things happened while you were gone. Changes – if that’s what you call it.”

“I see.”

Now what am I supposed to say? Sulli’s looking at me... and I don’t have any topic under cover. Oh gosh! Maybe I should ask him out, for some fresh air... some privacy, I guess?’

"Hey wanna hang out? It’s getting hotter in here.” Krystal offered.

Without any words, Baekhyun arms held Krystal’s back pulling her even close then he hissed into her ear. “This is one of you and you’re best friend’s game again, right? I’ll help you.” Krystal’s heartbeat was pounding loudly. What is he doing?

Krystal’s voice is ragged, tense but then she replied. “W-What?”

He pulls her close and kisses her, then harder. At first, Krystal was in shock but then she later realized she was stuck into the sensation. She doesn’t want to let go of his lips anymore.

When he realized she had totally lost it. He drifted apart from her and asks as he casts his meaningful look and his tingling smirk. “Satisfied?”

Hence, they become distant. Krystal went to their table and Baekhyun went to his manager and asked him to take care of the bar for tonight, he said he was going somewhere else but here.

“Hey what happened?”

“We kissed, see? A piece of cake! Now give me my money!”

Sulli grabbed her bag and gave Krystal 5000 won. Baekhyun, was still looking at them, probably his anger blazes up inside him. He just doesn’t want to show anyone.

Baekhyun’s P.O.V

I tried to pretend that nothing happened. That I was okay, I wasn’t angry. Past is past, that’s what I showed her but during that moment, all I want was to hurt her but I wasn't that successful, I'll get her soon. It's okay it's just the beginning.

Before I left and headed home, I had concluded a brilliant idea. I will make her fall in love with me. I will show her what real torment is. Clearly, when I saw her friend giving the money she had won made my heart broke again.

It’s like nothing have changed at all. I was still the toy they were playing. I hold my breath for a moment and tell myself ‘Never forget... you spent two years perfecting the new Baekhyun, the Baekhyun for revenge.’

I’ve had been waiting for this all along – finally, it’s here. You're going to pay Krystal Jung.

Krystal’s P.O.V

I had been gone for two years. Is it that long? Baekhyun was... totally different from the man I know. And I like him a lot now. He’s not that er anymore.

A while ago those kiss... I had to say this, as he brushed his lips against mine. There was a different sensation. I kiss I had been longing ever since, a kiss that I can enjoy.

Actually this 5000 won Sulli had given me was just a bonus. I can still feel his lips. Wait? What am I thinking?! Krystal... it’s just Baekhyun, you’re ex. Nothing but you’re ex.

The guy you dumped before. That’s all.