Chapter4

The Guy I Left Behind [ discontinued ]

 

 

 

 

  chapter four:  

 

unexpected up-shot

 


 

After several hours of having to deal with the exhausting airplane ride, the speaker sounded off with the pilot’s somewhat hoarse voice that echoed in every passenger’s ears.

At last, the pilot announced the plane’s successful landing in the South Korean grounds.

“Finally…” she sighed in relief, obviously feeling weary throughout the trip as she stretched both her arms and legs.

Drained both physically and mentally was Krystal who was sluggishly grabbing her duffel bags and suitcases that were stored in the compartments from above her.

Why on Earth she had to deal with such challenges? She never knew.

Packed with regrets over the fact that she almost sold her entire body to a complete like Minho, she simply tried to overlook the thought, thinking that it’d be better off that way.

Dusting off the imaginary dust in her clothes, she wheeled off her bags until she reached the outside of the airport and stood beside a tall lamp post, trying to catch up with her breath due to the heaviness of all her stuff.

Minutes passed, she managed to hail for a cab which was driven by a grumpy, aged man. With all the ounce of strength she had left within herself, she carried all her bags and plopped them inside the trunk, with the driver not even bothering to help her out.

“See here missy…I haven’t got all day! Will you please step on your tracks and get in?!” the man told her with an aggravated tone of voice, his thick eyebrows rising just below his wrinkly forehead.

Wiping the sweat trickling down on her neck as she carefully closed the trunk, she croaked, biting onto her lips. “Mianhamnida…ahjussi.”

She then hassled towards the cab and blankly stared outside the window as the car went rolling, random thoughts streaming her preoccupied mind.

A little later, she finally reached her destination, which was an apartment where she will be living in.

She paid the bad-tempered driver her fare and hastily got off the cab, retrieving all of her stuff from the trunk before she unenergetically wheeled them in in her new abode.

Just another normal apartment, whatsoever…far better from the apartment she rented during her previous stay in Japan, though.

Decently painted walls, smooth floorings covered with widespread rugs, a ceiling with a few or so bulbs, fine furniture and neatly washed windows compared to the half-rotten floorboards and broken windowsills she had in her prior apartment certainly makes a huge difference.

She arranged each of her belongings, from hanging her every clothing article on the racks down to pairing up and positioning her shoes in the cabinet boxes.

Afterwards, she freshened herself up and decided to head for the grocery store to shop for some needed ingredients she will be using to prepare her day to day meals.

Krystal then darted to the grocery store, wheeling down a cart as she dropped in her choice of fresh fruits and vegetables along with other snacks and various necessities.

As soon as she was able to pay for her groceries, she panted as she carried the weighty paper bags with much difficulty, straining her almost every muscle.

Not even having the chance to look and see where she was going, she was using up all her strength to lift the entirely chockfull paper bags.

“Aaaahhh!!!” she shrieked, losing her balance as she dropped the bags to the floor, hearing a few cracks which most probably came from the carton of eggs that broke.

Not even bothering to find out whom it was she collided with; she irritably scratched her head, blaming herself for her damned foolishness.

She then kneeled on the cemented grounds; trying to pick up all the stuff she dropped at an astounding speed before hesitantly bowing her head at the man standing right in front of her, out of her desire to express her apology due to her clumsiness.

Without even looking up, she ignored the man who knelt in front of her and possibly willed to help her out, and concentrated on returning the groceries back in the bags.

Expecting that the man would be helping her with her stuff, to her surprise, he didn’t. Quite annoyed, she tried to confront the man but was unable to make out who it was.

It was a tall guy in lavish attire, and was staring down at his feet, making it impossible for her to see his face. The man appeared to be chuckling, and seeing this, Krystal felt a sudden surge of anger within her.

“Ahjussi…won’t you please be kind enough to help someone in need?” she blurted out, her dull eyes focusing at the man as her lips contorted into a visible frown.

Hearing the man chuckle, he stood up and simply ran his fingers through his hair, not minding Krystal and her groceries that were scattered just about everywhere.

The man then marched along the sidewalk panels, purposely stepping on Krystal’s hand which immediately led to her letting out a bloodcurdling screech.

“Ahhh…! ! !” she screamed as she rapidly wagged her hand in hopes to relieve the pain which was unexpectedly growing by the second.

“Oh? Did that hurt? I’m so sorry, miss…my mistake.” The man said to her with a tone that was obviously taunting in a way.

Without anything else to lie unto her, he left in an arrogant manner, his polished leather shoes clicking against the lanes.

That voice…

It sounds…awfully…familiar…

Krystal went blank for a minute, deducting that the man was probably someone she’s fond of…someone she possibly talked to before…

W-wait…was that…?

Eyes fully widened as she forcefully in a sharp breath, she eyed the man that ambled the sunbaked streets.

“Baekhyun?...” she breathed heavily, eyes wholly locked at the man's figure that was gradually disappearing.

That can’t be right…

He can’t be…

Damn it, Krystal...he's just another stranger...another retard...

Ignore him...

After having to go through all the insane commotions and reaching her apartment, she felt her phone vibrate in the pocket of her jeans.

"Annyeong ~ Are you free today? I seriously need something to loosen up. Been somewhat drained these days around, no kidding. I'm so tired of looking like an eccentric crackpot. I actually locked myself up at home for DAYS...can you believe it?  -__-  Let's meet up...name that club downtown...probably a dozen or so blocks away from where you stay. Not sure, though. Sounds like a swinging place, anywho!  ~  ^^"

"Sulli..."

Finding herself soundlessly nodding in agreement as a contented grin surfaced on her lips, she slipped out of her jeans and graphic shirt and threw on some shorts with stylishly tattered ends, a black, microshine bustier top and her ridiculously high platforms.

Pacing the sidewalks as she earned satisfied and keen gawks from the people that were loosely wandering around the streets, she never felt as much as 'glorious'.

Entering the club with her chin up high, she could tell it was definitely a place that's of worth.

Revolving glittery and colorful disco globes, brilliantly-lighted floor panels, creatively-decorated tables and plump couches...it was most definitely breathtaking.

Not minding an alarming number of couples who were roughly displaying their affection towards each other, she eagerly searched for Sulli until she saw her parked on one of the couches, daintily waving her long fingers at her.

"Ya! Krystal! Oh crud...you can't believe how much I missed seeing you! How was life abroad? Met any..." Sulli cleared , "...lost pups? You know what I mean, I'm sure." she winked, brushing her tongue against her pastel pink lips.

Pouting with her kitten-like irises, she muttered. "Aw...Sulli...I missed you too. Life abroad? Been hell on Earth for me, yeah. As for guys, unfortunately, I haven't. Not even the slightest taste girl, my bad. I'm not even taken, goodness gracious."

"Well, ! You're serious?! Oh man, no. Guys flock to you like moths to flame! How in the world did you never get yourself a fiery boyfriend?!" Sulli exclaimed, her hands clamped across her hanging mouth.

"Darn it, Sulli. Don't make me feel bad now. I've had about dozens of guys wrapped around my little pinky before. You've heard of breakups, no?" she stared at Sulli with an ironic look, eyes bored and her lips flat-out straight.

Sulli chuckled, eyeing her with a hint of disbelief. "My friend's a player...wow. I actually keep forgetting that. I'm not lying."

Clinking their crystal, soju-filled glasses against each other and talking about typical stuff; guys and all that, they were apparently breaking their hours in the club.

Aiming their fingers at the guys roaming around with gorgeous bods and faces, they can't help but turn into cherry mushes.

With widened eyes and a clearly reddened face, Sulli looked up at her friend and leaned closer to her to breathe out a whisper. "Krystal...fire. I spot something on fire." she said, rapidly fanning her hands at herself.

"Say what? Oh, crap. Where's he?" Krystal boomed, craning her neck at almost every direction before her eyes finally settled on the casanova Sulli was referring to.

Wearing a nicely-fitted formal suit as he was coolly positioned by the bartender's, no doubt, the mystery guy did bowl them over.

Compared to the other guys who were busy making out with just about any random chick they see, the guy was a freaking billion times better than they are.

Here she was, intently gaping at the guy as he firmly cupped a wine glass in his palms, looking absolutely smashing.

Oh...heavens...

With her breath caught in her raspy throat, she was absentmindedly swallowing anxiously, peeling her eyes to get a clearer view of the mysterious guy seated about a few meters from where they were.

Turning his head towards Krystal and Sulli's direction was the guy they were raving mad for. Locking her eyes with his...her endlessly throbbing heart felt so weak as water stung her very eyes.

"B-Baekhyun..."

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:  4th chapter! What do you think about the chapter? Huh? Huh? Huh? ^^ XD