The Ice-Princess?

Love At First Bite

Jaejoong's POV

“So are you up for it?" I stared down at the brown envelope then back up at my room mate who seemed to be waiting for a response. I hesitated at first but accepted the brown slip.

"Hmm, Maybe. But what's the catch?" I asked as I saw his features droop down in dismay.

"We need money to pay the rent! We're on the verge of getting kicked out! You need to accept this job....or else"

"So you want me to take this job?" I said with a slight hint of anger.

"C'mon hyung, it's only for a couple of weeks!" He pouted showing off his gay aegyo.

"...Fine"

So here I was, walking house to house, delivering mail. Mail. Gosh, I hate this job already. Not to mention the weather is too bright and I'm not in a good mood to do anything.

I was on my final few pieces of letters when I suddenly encountered the unexpected. Tiffany. By the looks of it, she seemed to be walking her dog.

"Jaejoong Oppa, Is that you?" I wanted to lower my cap so she couldn't see my face but it was too late. I had to give in.

"Oh Tiffany-shi! Nice to see you again!" I said sounding a bit surprised.

"Just call me Tiffany, Oppa! Why are you delivering mail?" She asked as she stared down at my messenger bag.

"Hm just wanted a job to keep me occupied" I lied. I hated this job.

"The Jaejoong I know doesn't like doing labor work! You could tell me, Are you having money problems?"

"M-Money problems, Nah" Again I lied. But this time I was caught red handed.

"Liar Liar Liar. Come with me!" And with that she grabbed my arm and leaded me to who-know's where.

Last time I remembered was that I was on the streets of Seoul delivering mail but how did I end up in this house? Not wait MANSION.

"Here!" My eyes widened at the sight before me. It was Money. A suit case of money.

"I can't accept this!" I half shouted making her jump in shock.

"B-But Oppa!" She stuttered obviously taken aback.

"I'm sorry Tiffany but I won't accept that" I stood up and patted her shoulder making my way towards the door.

"WAIT!" She shouted making me turn around.

"If you can't accept the money, Could you accept me?"

Your POV

"I can't accept that umma!" I nearly half shouted as I stared down at the sight before me. It was a white plain canvas and a bag of new art supplies. It looked expensive. 

"______, Your father and I think we've been a little rough on you lately. With the constant change of plans of moving jobs and houses, we were only thinking about ourselves and that's when we've realized what we've just done. You never had time to make friends and socialize with others, so on behalf of your parents, we'd like to say sorry"

"Umma, Appa!" I cried, hugging them.

"Now, Now _____. Now's not the time to cry, It's a day of celebration!" My mother said making me a bit confused.

"I've got the JOB!" My father announced, making my little brother Leo, jump in joy.

Today's meant to be a happy day, but why do I feel like this?

Jaejoong's POV

"YOU DID WHAT?" Leejoon screamed dropping his plate of fruit.

"Yeah, that's right. I didn't accept the money" I sighed.

"No, not that! THE OTHER PART!" He shrugged.

"Oh, I didn't accept her confession" I sighed once more but this time I could sense something bad to happen.

There was a pause. A long pause to be exact, I looked up at my roommate who's eyes were widened and teeth that were clenthed. For the first time, I was actually scared of him.

"H-Hyung" I heard him utter under his breath.

"Yes?" I looked up but this time noticed something weird. He was smiling? THE ?

"THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU HYUNG!" He yelped throwing his arms over my shoulders.

"W-Woah wait a minute, What's wrong with you!" I shook him off, staring at him wide eyed.

"Tiffany is FREE! She's FREE! I got a chance!" He squealed heading to who-know's where.

Author's POV

The next day school started to commence and things were going back to normal for everyone. You were on your way towards the hall, where you noticed that everyone was crowing around at a certain corner. That's when you saw Tiffany. She was pretty, smart and seemed to be popular around everyone. She stared you for a brief second and gave in an eye-smile. She looks nice. 

"Everyone please listen up!" She said through the mega-phone, nearly everyone was crowding around her. Including yourself.

"As the President of the student government we've decided to hold a special event!" The crowd went wild and were heard saying their 'oos' and 'ahhs'.

"As courtesy of my father, The whole college would be going on a three night MT!" Cheers were heard from everywhere, including teachers themselves.

"Everyone can join in as long as you're in a group of 4 or 5! Signing up would be announced through home room!"

You stared around and looked at everyone's faces, they all seemed to be quite happy. Some were even praising Tiffany as if treating her like a Goddess.

"Isn't Tiffany great?"

"Wah, She's so AMAZING!"

"I wish I was like her. Beautiful, Rich and Smart!"

Your POV

That morning I headed towards my home room class were I sat at the front near the window. Everyone seemed to be excited over the whole MT trip, while I'm here still contemplating whether If I should go or not. But then again, I have no friends nor do I talk to anyone. 

"We're short on one more person!" I heard someone say, which made me turn to my right. It was Soyu, She was in my math class, She was one smart chick.

"Omo, We need one more person!" Another added, then I realized it was Bora. Apparently she was also smart but was also athletic.

"What are we going to do?" Hyorin whom I'm assuming was also their friend butted in.

I looked at the three with unknowingly a smile appeared on my face. They seemed nice and didn't look like one of those girls you'd see flirting around with some guy. They actually looked quite the opposite. Pretty yes, But if you ask me they look like those girls in the movies. You know, the quiet fragile smart ones but are pretty. Those girls.

"I could be in your group if you want me to" I unknowingly said. They all turned to my direction with their eyes as big as golf balls. Is there something on my face?

"I-I-Ice P-Princess" Soyu pointed at me which got me quite confused as well as a little offended.

"Me?" I pointed to myself.

"Your the girl that every guy talks a-about!" Bora added, a stutter heard in her voice.

"Is it true that you quietly decline each guys confession to you?" Hyorin said. 

Now that I think about it, Their actually right. I'm not being conceited or anything but everywhere I go, there seems to be stares following my every move. I'm all new to this kind of stuff.

"Wah, Your skin is so smooth! Their right your are prettier then Tiffany unnie!" Soyu added poking my cheek.

"You should smile more, I'm Bora!" She offered a hand shake.

"I'm Hyorin!" She chimed in, making me laugh a little.

"And i'm SOYU!!" She cheered.

"Well if isn't the three nerds" I heard someone say from behind. I looked back at Hyorin, Bora and Soyu and saw them with their heads down looking vulnerable and scared.

"W-Wait a minute, Who is this? I-Ice Princess?" I stared at the person and realized it was the none other Kim Hyun Joong, who asked me out last week.

I stared back at him, my face quite confused and his facial expressions seemed to softened. Was I seeing right?

'S-Sorry" He mumbled and walked away.

I turned back at the three, who's faces were again wide-eyed in disbelief. What did i do now?

"Are you okay?" I asked sounding a bit too worried.

"H-How did you do that?" Bora asked in shock.

"What do you mean?" I said quite confused.

"THAT WHOLE THING!" Hyorin half shouted drawing a circle with her whole hand.

The four of us chuckled and never in my life have I've been soo happy and expressed myself with other people.

"So what were you saying? Oh right! YES, YES you could be in our group Baek ______!" They all chimed in, making me smile.

I think I finally found myself some friends.

A/N: Tried to make a loong chapter for you guys! Please comment below, It gives me hope to write more~! BTW, I think this chapter was a bit too fast...