Scandalous

Moonlight

We walked our way back home cautiously in fear that someone—or possibly some people—might be stalking us. Stupid me, I thought I was careful enough.

It was only eleven when we got home, and the house was empty. The hyungs must still be in the company practicing. Wouldn’t make any difference if I came back to practice though, they would be done anytime now or maybe in a couple of hours. I the living room light to see my way to the kitchen then the kitchen lights. I poured milk from the fridge into the glass of water I took just now and drank it up, the coldness felt as if flowing through my lungs.

“I hope it was nothing,” Sehun said, sitting lazily at the dining table.

I sighed while turning my head to him. “Hope so.”

I put my glass on the counter and opened the door to our room. I was too lazy to do anything else so I crept on my own bed and went to sleep. The stress of realizing that we were discovered at unlikely times was more tiring to me than physical activities or being nagged by the company higher-ups, which only happened once when they thought we were about to grow cocky.

I was woken up the next morning by pats on my shoulder, then soon shakes on my bed. When I finally opened my eyes, Sehun’s face was there only centimeters from mine.

“’s sake—“

I freaked out and hit the back of my head into the wall.

“OUCH, damn it, Sehun.”

I hissed in pain rubbing the back of my head carefully. Damn, it was really stinging and pulsing, I’ll just go roll over Sehun next time I get to ride a bulldozer. Sehun was there standing outside the bed holding his stomach laughing his head off. Damn him, doesn’t he have any nicer way to wake me up, he can just kiss me down or something.

Calmed down after a bit, even though the pain was still tingling at that very part of my skull.

 “Oh… God…” Sehun wiped the leaking tears at the corners of his eyes, laughter subdued. He tried to manage his breath but eventually laughed again.

I stood up from the bed and made my way outside the room stomping my feet. I sat at the almost full dining table with only spaces left for me and Sehun. So I woke up late, I guess.

We prayed, ate breakfast, got ready and practiced until something like 10 sharp before a short break, then I left the room for a quick stroll.

I realized something lately. I now have a friend to talk and practice my original genres with. Now the company has two dynamic dancers; people who can switch from classical to modern genres and mastering both. Feels nice to finally have a friend to talk about the same thing with.

I had an appointment with Hwang Chara for a while in the middle of my tight break because we had not danced contemporary for a pretty long time now. “Hey,” I said when I opened the door. It was the only unoccupied room we could find.

“Hey.” She said back.

We stood and did some simple stretching before proceeding to anything else.

“Did you bring any songs?” I asked right after we were done with it.

Chara shrugged. “Not really. I don’t really feel like dancing to something too classic right now.” She smiled, turning on the tape plugged to her music player, her normal steps even more graceful than the last time I observed. She’s learned a lot.

She went away from the tape and started her graceful chaîné turns across the room. I laughed happily and made my way too. Soon the room turned into a ‘Sound of Music’ styled frenzy. Had these few moments been taped and the tapes were sold, I bet it would guarantee me food for a lifetime.

“Chara,” I called, landing from my twirl. “Don’t you have any piano songs? I have Tchaikovsky if you’d like.”

“No thanks, I really can rely on my music player.”

Chara went back dancing and I was just there watching her move around. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and started following her. Soon we were playing Prince and Princess, Lion and Lamb, and Jack and Rose. I swear I miss ballet.

Mirroring Chara, I twirled my way across the room and stopped right in front of the mirror facing each other. We made a quick eye contact for a silent agreement and I lifted her for one turn.

When she landed, grayness crept up the walls and the room died. Music still aired without any care.

“I—Sorry.” I bowed. The tiles and my feet suddenly look very interesting. We did not dare to look into each other’s eyes. The song was still flowing; it suddenly felt like a stupid dead thing for not stopping into silence.

I bowed gracefully in a slow regretting manner to end the dance and stood silently. Chara stuttered heavily as she bowed back to me. She then bowed a normal bow to bid me goodbye and immediately took all her stuff and bowed again before she closed the door. “Thank you,” she mumbled.

I sighed. The crisp cool air of the aircon touched my face. Music would always bring me away at some point. I looked at the time and decided that I had to go back to the practice room.

 

I looked around the hallway on my way back, half hoping that Chara was not that offended or what not and that she was just there in some other room back with her future group. I knocked on our room door and opened it to see that the guys were just standing up and closing their bottle lids about to resume the session. I quickly joined and went to my position before the tape was .

We practiced until twelve again tonight and everyone was actually bent over their limits so they were still okay instead of feeling dead exhausted. It is actually possible to literally not understand physical fatigue when you live in it.

The hyungs were either already in their rooms or using the bathroom so I decided to just go to the house PC and maybe go online, greet everyone on the board. I opened the house PC sitting between the kitchen and the living room and ran IE. I opened our official website and opened another window for Naver.

“Sehun, let’s reply fans!” I chimed, turning the desk chair around.

Sehun, who was lying lazy on the sofa, leaped to me and made me scoot so we would share this tiny chair together.

I picked the most eye-catching title and read, “Oppaaaaa, why are you so handsome~~~!!” with the very same intonation I believe the writer would use.

“Kekeke, I know I am! -exo k kai-“

Sehun dodged my head for my vanity. Why, man?! The whole Republic of Korea knows that.

“I’ll switch the window, ok?” I asked, and Sehun just nodded. Silent boy.

I turned my head in this inconvenient space again to ask Sehun. “What to search? EXO Kai? Kim Jongin? EXO K? Sehun?”

Sehun dragged the keyboard away from me and typed on his own.

“Oh… Se… Hun…” He mumbled as he typed slowly. Enter.

Being the short-focus-spanned type of teenagers, we switched the window again to the fanboard and started replying stuff again. I switched the window back to Naver to see surprising stuff on the results page.

There were multiple picture results of us kissing at the nearby park yesterday, reposted by many people and websites.