Waga-Waga

Moonlight

We made our way down to our skyroom chatting happily and resumed practicing after we talked about the small meeting and its unexpectedly happy ending for a little while. Then, Baekhyun and Chanyeol volunteered to take our diet lunchboxes. Urgh, diet. Not that anyone gets any fatter so easily, but… image maintenance is part of the harsh life, man.

They came back with tiny stacks of three lunchboxes each, then we sat in a circle and ate. I guess the forever-on-crack couple really IS on crack forever. They quarrel in the morning and feed each other in the day. AND wagawaga anytime they had the chance.

What the wagawaga actually was, no one knew. But what I knew: The wagawaga was introduced a few months after the group moved in, as soon as Byun Baekhyun who joined last felt fully comfortable with the other five. It was a language or an action close to bbuing-bbuing, introduced and most used inside the van. And then the wagawaga became the official language between the inventor and his bearland comrade Park Chanyeol and would often replace the function of the radio in the van.

The crack couple itself happened gradually without no particular date of confession, but in the living room, or at the dining table, Chanyeol hyung would sneak a lot of pecks all around Baekhyun’s head and then look around the ceiling whistling as if nothing happened. Baekhyun would tiptoe and do the same if they were standing close in the house; or if they were a few feet apart, throw light things to Chanyeol’s tall head and then pretend singing as if nothing happened.

Often times, they would be caught on camera kissing too, especially when one couldn’t handle the cuteness of the other. But I really really wonder why they never got in trouble. Maybe because they do it in broad daylight in front of many girls, thus having it mistaken as fanservice, when. it’s. notttt.

On other times, Baekhyun would get so sick of trying to take Sticky Sehun off me to practice his imaginary ads and ask Chanyeol instead. On my record, they have pretended over one thousand brands, including Terry Palmer, Mercedes Benz, Samsung, L’Oreal, Hite Beer, and… and Kyungsoo Brand Daily Meals.  

I sometimes considered seriously on taking Sehun away from them to stop him from coming closer to the gates of their virtual bearland.

So, anyway.

We finished eating and rested for a while for the food to go down. But then we decided to do something else for a bit.

Pranking fans.

So everyone left the room and walked outside the building, then took their positions only standing there doing nothing with a hoodie on. We decided to wait for some fifteen minutes and maybe scare the ones coming at us, because EXO-K is awesome.

I took my place right beside the company door, so I guess no one would be bold enough to approach me.

From my place, I could see heads peeking behind cars and car windows, half curious if these hooded morons were stars, or if these hooded morons were costume players, or if they were an introduction to a new concept.

Finally, a tiny group of girls approached the building and stood there right in front of Kyungsoo. I guess he was trying to scare them when he looked up and raised his hands like claws, but what the girls did was cover their mouths gasping. Holding squeals. Thinking of something like ‘homg homg homg it’s D.O oppah’.

Then we saw someone walk out the door.

“Retreat!”

We all ran towards the door baffling the man that just went out and the group of girls that I believe were hyperventilating right now.

We shot immediately through the staircase and went back to the skyroom running. Then we landed on our backs messily laughing. We caught our breaths still laughing at how the whole thing went on. Stupid, hahah.

But then I recovered from the joke the fastest. I stood up and clapped around to gather my hyungs and my one tailing maknae. As soon as the formation was set and the only thing left was my empty spot, I the tape and ran to my place.

It was only the second repeat of the song when we heard another clanking knock at the glass door.

Chanyeol hyung who stood at the backmost opened the door and talked with the person for a while. It was Seungwon hyung from what I saw.

“Guys, guys.” Chanyeol hyung waved his hand up high to grab our attentions. He made a crossing sign with his arms telling that we had to stop. Then we stopped, although no one bothered to kill the tape.

“The representatives wanted to see you guys again, they said they had some decisions changed,” Seungwon hyung announced. We stood there puzzled. “Come on,” he said.

We looked at each other questioningly on our way outside the room and tried to look not suspicious on our way upstairs. Seungwon hyung knocked the door for us and there they were, the same three persons we just met this morning.

We bowed hello while walking to the seats, then we suit ourselves.

“Sorry to have you guys back here, but I need to tell you that we have decided to change a few things. Although fans gave supportive responses, there were a lot of weighty and serious comments that were negative. People like that could garner power and support very easily,” the woman started.

Everyone had their eyebrows knit, not quite understanding the point, although the whole thing sounded negative.

“We thought that it would be the very best, if the four of you,” she looked to everyone but Joonmyun and Kyungsoo hyung, “focus on your work for the time being.”

My eyes and Chanyeol hyung’s widened in surprise, Baekhyun scrunched his face in confusion, and Sehun was staring blankly at the wooden-motive desk. The whole room came silent.

“We are not only asking you to consider the choice well, but to also take it. This is for the sake of the group.”

We looked down because we all knew no one would take it, but we had to listen.

“We also wanted to show something to you,” she continued.

She turned her laptop facing us and we gathered to see what was there. It was the homepage of a fancafe, with stop signs across my face and Sehun’s. The page was titled ‘Kick them Out’ with some smaller subtitles I decided not to read.

“Our main concern is this,” the woman explained. “It was a long-running anticafe, but it gained members immediately after the issue. We will try to fix this for you as soon as possible and you don’t have to worry, but please be very careful from now on."