The Unknown Man.

I'm Not a Monster, Am I? (HIATUS)

The next thing I remember, was sitting at the empty bar with Jiyong. The atmosphere throughout the bar urged me to gamble and drink my pain away. And, Jiyong fed into it.

I had told him everything that had happened. Although it wasn't the best idea, he accepted it since this was a bad time. He didn't agree with it...but he was my best friend. All I could do was sit there at that bar as my foot tapped the metal on the stool I sat on. My head hung lower and lower the drunker I got. Jiyong only sat there and listened to everything I had to say. I was grateful for him.

"Seunghyun...this will never keep the monster away." Jiyong spoke vaguely. At the time, I didn't understand what he meant. But, those words meant everything. With that, he got up..and left. I remember sitting there alone, thinking everything over. What I had done. What I could have done..

It was my fault.

"Seunghyun! Come play a round, eh?" The rich man from before called over. At first I hesitated, wondering if this was the best idea. But, at that moment, I didn't give a damn anymore. I agreed, and started up that nasty habit. It made me happy.

Did it really interfere with anyone else's life?

-------
The events that happened after that, were sort of a blur. I remember leaving the bar, highly intoxicated beyond belief. I remember the streets being so lonely and cold. I stumbled my way down the sidewalk, trying my best to keep clear-minded...or to appear that way.

"Sir, are you okay?" I heard a voice speak up from no where. I turned around as slow as possible, trying to see the man. My eyes where barely opened as my words stuttered terribly.
"Y-Yeahh..I'm just..-"
"Going to jail." The man said suddenly; interrupting my sentence. It wasn't until then did I realize that he was a cop. You would think a normal person would be frightened, confused, angry? But, I wasn't. I didn't fight, I didn't make a scene. I accepted it because it was true.

"Public intoxication is against the law,sir." He spoke sternly and loudly. I only nodded along, trying to follow his words. His words just sounded like slurs and blobs of nonsense.

----------

The next thing I remember, I woke up the next morning. I was sprawled out on something hard. I remember my back hurting like hell. I sat up to see I had been laying on concrete. I looked around to see that I wasn't alone. There was another man sitting on a stool in front of the jail bars, his hands grasped tightly around them. His hair was slicked up into a mowhauk with a white bandana wrapped around his head.

"So, you're finally awake." He chuckled. His voice was soft and calm. I wondered how a person could be so collected in a jail cell.

"Come sit, you've been on the floor all night." he said as he grabbed another stool and placed it next to him. I was hesitant at first. Mainly because, a jail cell isn't the normal place to make friends. Regardless, I had nothing else. I quickly got up from the ground, my back aching the more I moved. I sat down next to him quietly. I wasn't sure what I could have said, he was a complete stranger.

"Um...do I know you?" I spoke up as I tried searching my mind for every possibly person I had ever met. He was being so friendly, I questioned my memory.

"No. You don't want to." He said as he looked away from me and smiled a little bit. I remember wondering what those vague words actually meant.

"What are you here for?" He asked shortly after. His hands were now placed in front of him as he hung over his stool.

"Public intoxication..I think." My voice sounded so unsure which frightened me. I remembered bits and pieces of the previous night. They were only the bits and pieces I didn't want to remember. He let a small chuckle escape his lips as he looked at me.

"Been there,done that." His voice seemed hard and regretful. I remember wondering what he was doing in a place like this. I remember being too frightened to even ask in the first place. I remember gathering my courage and doing what I wanted.

"What about you?" My voice came across as shaky and nervous, no matter how much I tried to hide it. I remember cursing myself as my emotions were immediately shown.

"A lot of things I'm not proud of." His voice seemed sad and disappointed. I could tell he was disappointed in himself more than anything else. For a moment, he made me feel silly. He was genuine and nice. I was wasting what I had while he regretted wasting what he had. In some ways, I felt like a coward...did I take things for granted?

 

"Choi Seunghyun!" that same voice screamed throughout the jail. I remember closing my eyes in irritation. Why did he always insist on embabarrassing. He was a damn mother. The man immediately looked a me, a smirk spread across his face. I shook my head at him as the voice became more and more close.

"So that's your name, huh?" He said in the jist of laughter. I shook my head in shame because how could Jiyong be some dumb as to reveal my entire name to the entire jail. Before I knew it, Jiyong stood directly in front of me, his hands on his slender hips. He puffed his cheeks out just like he always did when he was angry. I couldn't help but laugh, neither could the man. Jiyong always tried to look tough and angry, but truth be told, he looked like a small child or something of the sort.

 

-------------

 

"What the hell were you thinking?! Public intoxication, are you that stupid!?" I was now in the car with Jiyong. He had bailed me out of jail. Now, I was left in the car with Jiyong chewing me out. I stared at the window as he played his relentless rambling and ranting. It was just Jiyong, he always got mad in the middle of the things and didn't think anything over. Don't get me wrong, I was grateful for him. I smiled as I stared out the window as his rantings became more harsh and angry. But, to me, it only sounded like a child trying to get his way.

"Then, you left me with no choice but to come get you and -"

"Jiyong?" I asked, slightly intrupting his ranting, Either way, it was a good thing. How could anyone put up with it that long.

"Yeah?' His voice was soft..but tired. In some ways, I felt guilty.

"I'm sorry." I remembered talking to that man once more. I felt like, I should have been the one to sit in that cell alone. Not him, he had things he wanted to make up for...I didn't.

"Yeah Yeah..you're just lucky you have me!" Jiyong said with his self-invloved tone. I chuckled at this, it was funny to listen to his emotions change in a matter of seconds. But, he was right. I remember being friends with him since we were kids. I was lucky to have a friend like him.

But...

Was he lucky to have a friend like me?

 


A/N: Hey guys! I'm so happy for a ll of my subscribers! I may have not many, but I'm grateful for each and every one of you! Please continue to love this story and read it and give me all of your thoughts..even if it's cristism!

I love you guys!

Please Comment and Subscribe!!!!

image