Lessening the Pain.

I'm Not a Monster, Am I? (HIATUS)

The next morning, I awoke to a pounding headache. I remember it so vividly because it was close to the worst pain I had ever felt in my entire life. I rubbed my eyes with my palms and sat up; eyes growing big from the rushed movement. My whole body became numb but at the same time, rushed with agony. I sighed as I looked over at my nightstand and grabbed my alarm clock.
 

11:34 A.M

The clock flashed red over and over; mocking me. I quickly grabbed my phone, wincing from the sudden bright light.
 

5 New messages blinked on my phone.
It was her...

 

I rememer at that moment, I didn't care. I laid my phone back on the table and ignored everyone for the day. It wasn't that I hated everyone, I just wanted to seclude myself in my own apartment. Despite the throbbing headache, I continued to crave for the adrenaline rush that flooded through my body when I gambled on anything possible. The feeling of laying those cards down and wondering whether or not you won. I craved it more than anything at that exact moment. I remember thinking that perhaps I had gone insane.

Even if I was, would it have been so bad?

 

--------------------

I remember getting up from my bed, my body smelling of alcohol. I remember walking over to the large  window that was in my room, and leaning my head against the cold glass. The coolness felt so conforming against my hot throbbing head. I remember watching the people and traffic rush by on the streets below, and envying them.

 

It didn't take long for my cravings to be fulfilled.

---------------------

That day, I had made my way back to that same bar. Everyone from the previous night was there too. They called me over to come and gamble with them some more. I couldn't refuse the offer, of course.
"Bartender! Another round on me!" A man sitting across from me hollered as he rose his hand up and waved over for the bartender. The rest all heaped and hollered in response, but I too, was giddy inside.

"Mr. Choi, would you like another drink?" The bartender said as he bent over to me with his tray in another hand; full of drinks. It was past 2:00 A.M and words were barely comprehensible anymore.

But, what could I do?

The pain was just easing up, and the rest of the men at the table were fully ready for more rounds.


A/N: Ah, so sorry if this is a short update. I might be gone for a few days, so I tried to update most of my stories. Anyways, I hope you enjoy them. I feel like I'm losing the good of the story.

Please Comment And Subscribe!