Habit.

I'm Not a Monster, Am I? (HIATUS)

 Ring...Ring.. 
 

"Hello?" I picked up my cellphone that had rung moments after leaving the cafe. Truth be told, I could have cared less to talk to anyone at that time.
"It's Jiyong. You busy?" My forever childhood friend, Kwon Jiyong, sang through the phone. I hissed from the sudden high pitch noise. If it had been anyone else, I would have rejected.
"No." I said as I zipped down the busy sidewalk; weaving  my way through people.

"Oh...nothing" Jiyong said slyly. Which only indicated, that it indeed was something.

 

--------------------------

"Hey, are you listening?" Jiyong snapped his fingers in my face, making me notice him and snap out of whatever trance I was in. I nodded my head in response as I rubbed my eyes with my palms and looked back at him. We were at some mediocre restaurant that he lived near by.
"As I was saying, how have you been? You seem..bothered." He asked as he leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms. I shrugged my shoulders as I had nothing to say. No matter how desperately I searched my mind for the right words, nothing came out.

"Come on. I know a good place to cheer you up." He said with a smile as he grabbed his jacket from behind the chair and stood up. He nudged my shoulder as he walked by; throwing my coat into my lap. I sighed as I only wished to return home and be left alone.
I dragged myself up from the chair and followed Jiyong to wherever hell I was about to embark on.

 

---------------------------

Jiyong threw his hands up wide and stretched them out far.
"Lovely, isn't it?" He sang with a chuckle. I stayed silent as I couldn't exactly call this sort of place 'lovely'. The entire room was filled with smoke while tons of poker tables scattered around the room accompanied by a bar in the center of the room.

At the time, I could've cared less. Dozens of beautiful women stood by their men who were playing a couple rounds of poker. As a man, you would have thought I would have been interested, right?
"Tsk." I spat as I made my way to the bar and slumped onto the counter while Jiyong ruled a poker table; making more noise then there already was.
I held my head in my hands; trying to block out the noise. But, it wasn't enough. I had shut my eyes tight, trying my best to block out whatever pain was swarming in my brain.

 

"Here, it's on the house." I looked up for a second to see te bartender smiling down at me as he sat a glass of booze on the table. He wore the same cheesy smile the waiter at the cafe wore. It had only pissed me off more. I grabbed the glass from the counter while the bartender wiped down the counter. I quickly guzzled it down, as I had nothing to loose at the time.

Time had flown by so fast, and I had drank too many beers in that amount of time.

But, I didn't care...

All I cared about was that the pain and indifference that filled my body, was now gone. I had felt free for the time being. Even if it was a false relief, I couldn't have cared less.
In the time being, I had managed to play a game of poker that Jiyong had so desperately forced me into doing. The first round was fun for me, so, I continued to do it. At the time, all I wanted was fun. But, in the end I had managed to drink and gamble away all of the money I had. You would think any normal person might be disappointed. But, for me, it was only the beginning. My night wasn't over yet, and I didn't intend to end it too soon either.

The one thing I realize now, that I didn't then. Was that...
 

I had everything to loose...

 


A/N: Yes, I know this chapter is super short! But, I'm going to be updating later tonight, so this is just a little teaser I guess you could say!

Please Comment And Subscribe!!!!

 

 Was listening to MBLAQ while posting this, so naturally I had to put Joon in here xD