What is Normal?

I'm Not a Monster, Am I? (HIATUS)

 

I can only remember that the following week I continued the same daily routine.
Getting up...
Going straight down to the bar to fulfill any emptiness that may have filled my body.  As time had gone on, I noticed a dramatic personality change. My usual interest faded, my social life collapsed. From time to time, I had thought about my consequences. But, it didn't matter anymore.
Things were different,
I had changed.
 
But, was it for the worst?
 
I remember one particular morning after the usual late night of rebelling. 
 
I remember setting up in my bed after being awoken from the sound of my phone buzzing. My mind was groggy and miserable. But, it was the best reminder of my previous deeds. 
I quickly picked up my phone and answered it without taking a second glance at who the caller ID was.
"Hello?" 
"Choi Seunghyun.." It was her Her voice seemed angry and upset. I remember that it had been weeks since we last spoke or even saw each other. It didn't matter anyways, her job was always more important than me anyway.
 
--------
 
I remember sitting at that same cafe, the same spot, the same window, the same view...every time. I sat there as my fingers tapped on the glass table. I was nervous as to what she could have possibly wanted. It wasn't like her to meet for no apparent reason, she didn't have a lot of free time and never intended on wasting any time she had. That's what I hated the most.
 
"Seunghyun.." her voice called. I looked up from the window I had been staring at so absentmindedly. She hovered over me, her cellphone in one hand and a coffee in the other. She quickly sat down in the seat across from me. Her hands lay calmly in her lap.
 
"What's wrong with you, Seunghyun?" Her voice sounded so full of hate, but worry. I didn't even have the nerve to answer her, a woman's angry voice was always deadly. But, I eventually mustered up any will or need to speak.
"Nothing is wrong with me." My voice was barely audible as switched my glare from her, to out the window. I laid my chin in my palm and continued to tap the glass. This unexpected meeting made me even more annoyed by the minute. Those feeling alone made me hate myself even more, but it was beyond my control.
 
"Drinking and gambling all hours of the night every single day. Not even calling to tell anyone you're okay...isn't normal." Her voice picked up with the speed the more she talked. But it always gradually slowed down once she got to the point.
"It isn't your normal.." I retorted as I kept my eyes out the window; fearful of her glare. She sighed and kept silent. 
 
 
Then, the sound I always hated most sang across the cafe. It was something that undoubtably annoyed me every single time.
"Hello?" Her voice immediately turned serious as she answered the phone. I already knew who it was. Her stupid secretary that made a move on her any chance he got. Just thinking of him made my blood boil. He thought he could take something away for me, but he was mistaken.
 
"Seunghyun...I have to go." She said as she reached across the table for my hand and gently squeezed it. I stayed silent and didn't move an inch. She always had to leave me behind. Even I was worthless when it came to her job.
 
----------
 
 
The next thing I remember about that day, was right after leaving the cafe, I reverted right back to my ways.
 
"Another round for the kid, bartender!" An old man hooped and hollered at the poker table. He clearly had wealth. His stubby fingers were designed with dozens of rings that were decorated in any pattern. His crisp black suit shown through the dusty air.
 
"Mr.Choi, you won't beat me this time!" The man jokingly said as his mouth curved mischievously into a smile.
"Are you sure about that?" I returned with a drunken smile as I lye my set of cards flat on the table. The man only looked at me with an expressionless gaze. He sighed and lye his set of cards down, handing over the money I had won. Everyone around us hollered and yelled in either joy, or drunken happiness.
 
"Choi Seunghyun!!!" I heard a famailar voice scream across the room in anger. Everyone around me discontinued their laughter an turned their gaze towards the person causing all of the ruckus. I chuckled as I looked up and locked gazes with this person.
 
Of course, it could have only been Him.
 

A/N: So, I wonder what is actually wrong with Seunghyun. Is he really going insane? And, who is this mystery person who knows Seunghyun? 

Stay tuned for chapter 6

 

Please Comment and Subscribe, it's very motivating!