The Beginning.

I'm Not a Monster, Am I? (HIATUS)

Seunghyun's POV/ 1 Year Earlier

Everything was perfect. Just like it should have been.

"Seunghyun!!!" I turned my head to see her running up to me, her smile as wide and bright as the sun. I lifted my arm up and waved it to her, telling her to hurry.I smiled as her innocent attire reminded me of that of child. Innocence wasn't my thing, but I loved her regardless.

She grabbed my arm and interwined our arms together and smiled all the way. The first touch struck a cord in me...something I didn't like. I guess..that should have been my first sign...

 

We were at the local cafe together soon after. We sat by our favorite spot..right by the window. The sun struck through the window and trickled rays of light down her hair, making it shine in all her beauty. I rested my chin in my hand and watched her. She seemed uptight as she fidgeted with her hands and stared out the window.

"Are..you okay?" I asked as I cocked my head to the right, giving her a concerning look.

"Oh..yeah!" She nodded in response accompanied with a half smile. She turned her head back towards the window.

"May I take your order?" I looked up to see the waiter hovering over us, his notepad in hand as he stared down at us with a cheesy smile. I quickly looked away, I didn't want to speak. I couldn't tell you why I felt that way..but I did. She quickly turned back from the window and gave me a glare for not speaking in her stead. She looked back up to the waiter and smiled right back at him as she gave him our orders.

I never meant to be rude...it was like..my body and mind wouldn't let me speak. Like I was paralyzed from the rest of the world.

 

After the waiter had left, she looked back at me and grabbed my hand that lay on the glass table. Her thumb the top of my hand as she gave an apologetic expression.

"Seunghyun..what's wrong with you these days?" She asked. I stayed silent. I couldn't answer that question. At the time, I didn't think anything was wrong with my behavior. Nothing was wrong with me.

She sighed and let go of my hand. Her phone rang and sounded throughout the cafe, giving us dirty glances. She quickly answered her phone and spoke to who ever it was. I was too wrapped up in my own thoughts to even listen to what she was saying. Her question had me thinking..if something was actually wrong with me.

"I gotta go." She said with a sigh as she stood up and pushed the chair back with the back of her knees. She quickly grabbed her purse and slammed a clump of money on the table.

"Pay for it with this." She said as she gave me a kiss on the top of my head, and left, leaving me there alone to be secluded only by my thoughts. I continued to stare out the window, watching cars swiftly pass by. Children of all ages soon swarmed the sidewalk as school had been released for the day. I smiled as I remember those days of being a child.

 

"OPPA!!!" I would scream as I ran out of my school. My father would always stand by the school gates every Friday afternoon to pick me up from school. He would grab me in his arms and take me out to lunch.But as time went on, my father moved up the ladder in the corporal buisiness and he didn't have much time for his family anymore.

"Tch." I spat bitterly as I stood up from the table and went up to the cashier. My body tingled with anxiety as I reached closer. I paid with all of the money I had.

"Thank you, have a nice day!" The cashier woman sang happily. I only gave a half smile and walked out without another word; hating myself for not being able to be nicer. 
 

 

A/N: So, How did you guys like it? The chapters will be short because this story won't be too long...I don't think. And, I don't reveal too much to early! Credit for the graphics go to Lumiere Shop!

PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!