Understanding Tae

Timing Is Key

 

This was well, ok, I mean obviously. Nana asked him out; why would she not, why would anyone not. Taemin is one of the best looking guy on campus, THE best if you ask me,he is kind, hot, has amazing dancing skills, friendly, very attractive.

 

Oh I am so screwed.

 

"oh really, that's great Tae" I replied with a fake smile, something I had never forced myself to do with him.

 

"Nooo it is not,like yes,Nana is crazy beautiful and almost every guy on campus wants to be with her, but I don't have those kind of feelings for her, well, not until she asked me out that is... Ahhh this is so confusing"he replies while ruffling his hair. 

 

"so you din't like her, but because she asked you out, you think you like her? Tae, that honestly doesn’t make all that much sense" that is such a typical Taemin thing to do, but doesn’t fail to make me a happy inside.

 

"I know, that's why I am confused Hyung. I feel like the potential for me to like her is there, I see her around in class and admire her sometimes but then when I try and think of her as my girlfriend, it just seems odd, it almost seems wrong."

 

"Alright, I am starting to understand your problem a little more, I don't have any classes with her and don't know much about her so I cannot say anything about the chemistry between the two of you." God, thinking about all of this makes me shudder inside, I don’t even want to imagine the two of them together, the 'chemistry' between them.

 

"Can you stop being so diplomatic and tell me what I  have to do, you might not know her, but you know me inside out, you know me better than I do." he added the last part with a small voice.. and I had no idea what to say or react to that. 

 

I gulped down whatever little coffee that was remaining in the glass and pushed it aside giving myself a few extra minutes to think of what was going to say. "Tae, Nana is surely a great girl, but would it not be wrong to mislead her into thinking that you like her just as much as she does by saying yes, I mean,  unless you ..amm have really started to fall for her, then you can I guess.. " 

 

"No Hyung, I don't like her that way.'' I can see him considering what i said.

 

''Your right, I fell like maybe her confession took me by surprise and I started over thinking the entire thing, I'm going to speak to her tomorrow morning and tell her what I think."

 

"So you’re not going to be her boyfriend right?" I found myself adding just to make sure. 

 

"No Hyung, I don’t have a crush on her and I defiantly don't want to miss lead her as you said, that would not be nice." 

 

~*~

Gosh what was I thinking, me going go out with Nana unnie, sometimes I'm just so confused over my feelings it's not even funny. She is nice, pretty but that is it, I have never thought of her in that way once before, hyung must think I am so stupid to react in this way over the situation. My life would be such a mess without Minho hyung.

 

“Sorry to bring my stupid problem up so abruptly, I just really couldn’t stop thinking about what to do. There was something you were going to say to me before hyung, what was it?"

 

"No just, never mind all of that, it wasn't anything important Tae." he said with a sigh. I know I have discouraged him from saying whatever he was going to say by bringing this up, why! why, why am I so stupid, ugh, hyung is already so quiet and secretive with his feelings and when he finally had something to share I shut him up. I wish you were more open with me Hyung.