Cafe Conversations

Timing Is Key

 

Minho's POV
 
''Sorry hyung, I hope you din't have to wait for long'' Taemin said breathlessly as he ran up to me. 
 
''No,don't worry, my class went on for a bit today, I just got here as well.'' 
Both of us started walking towards the cafe,our usual after-class-hangout-place.I personally have always loved that cafe, its got a cozy,homely feel to it, not the mention, its the very place I saw Taemin for the first time and Taemin seems to like it just as much as me, so it kinda goes unsaid that that's where we will be spending our time together.
____
 
''I'll be right back'' I say and I usher him towards the table we usually take and  I go up the counter to buy our drinks. 
 
I return with Tae's recent favorite,Tropical Passion Tea Latte and pick a Leamonzest Fru-Tea for myself.
 
''How come you were running late, did class drag for you too?'' I ask him casually as I take my seat opposite him. 
 
''No, class got over early actually, Kai wanted to talk about some random stuff so I got held back.''
 
''Kai huh, that's new, I mean, I know you guys have classes together, but he never really seems to chat-up with people easily right?'' 
 
''Yeha, you can say. When did you speak to him?'' He asks after scoffing. 
 
''I tried talking to him a few days ago,we ran into each other after my soccer practice and he did not seem too found of me. I was genuinely trying to be nice to him but he was acting as if he was way to great to be talking to anyone.. so..''
 
''Don't bother with him hyung, he is a total jerk. He honestly thinks too much of him self and dishes out unwanted comments and opinion about people he does not even know.'' 
 
''That bad huh, I'v never heard you talk about anyone like that, so i'll take your word for it.Staying away from Kai.'' 
 
I see him take a sip of his drink and settling in more comfortably into his chair. He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes and opens them shortly after. He seems tensed and I am thinking the drink is helping him ease a bit. 
 
''Tae, if you don't like him and the two of you aren't close then why did he want to speak to you after class?''
 
''Hyuunnng, lets talk about anything but that guy right now. I am in no mood of discussing anything Kai.''
 
Kai must have pissed Taemin off by asking about Nana, he's still been getting all the ''are you crazy,why did you say no'' and ''you don't like her, it's NANA'' comments even though it's been weeks that entire incident happened. I sometimes wish she hadn't asked him out at all, he seems so down and stressed after it. 
I take a few sips of my drink and change the conversation to something lighter.
 
''Ok, lets not talk about him then. By the way, Key told me that he saw a poster of your dance performance on the notice board. Were you deliberately trying to not tell me about it or did it slip your mind. Again.''
 
''omg, hyung, I am soooooo sorry, it REALLY DID slip my mind. I WANT YOU TO COME!! please come!!''
He had put down his drink, instantly leaning forward and changing his expression  a good 180* from grim and pissed off to pleading and animated realizing that he's forgotten to tell about his performance for the n'th time. 
 
''I am not going to come this time Tae, you have practically NEVER invited me first, I always have to ask you about it.'' It's a fact, I do usually have to ask him, it's not like he has never invited me, but he needs to learn to be less forgetful. 
 
''THATS NOT TRUE HYUNG. I.. I did invite you. I remember inviting you for the first showcase!''
 
''Tae that was months ago, it hardly counts'' I say with a straight face.
 
''Hyung please just come, I really want you to see this performance, we have come up with some great moves and techniques, you HAVE to be there!''
 
''Aniyo Taemin-ah''
 
''Oh hyung, pleeasseee, I swear you will be the first person I will invite for all the performances to come, please don't be mad and come! I am soooo so sorry''
 
I refuse to look at him as I know full well what he would be attempting. 
 
''Minho hyung.''
 
He's got both his hands covering his cheeks in a cute way, a very prominent pout and doe eyes batting those long lashes of his,not to mention the voice that's gone from sweet to down right sugar coated-teath rotting honey. Taemin's. aegyo. is. a. trap.
 
I'm so helpless when he gets this way, I nod a little and cover my face by drinking my fru-tea.I can feel my heart beating faster and cheeks getting hotter. If I was bad at handling aegyo, him saying my name cutely was the worst. I could not even look at him forget keeping up my act of being mad.
 
''SO YOU WILL COME RIGHT?!!!??''
 
''y-yes Taemin-ah, I'll come.'' I find my self stammering a bit and answer still avoiding eye contact. I'm pretty sure he's well aware of what his aegyo does and abuses that little piece of information to get what he wants from me. 
 
It's a good thing both of us are at advantage once I agree to what he wants me to do this time though. It wasn't like I was going to miss his performance anyway.